What Are Your Top 3 Favorite Albums?

Tools    

I listened to Master Of Puppets to death. Every song on all 3 albums Ive heard countless times. I am not a metalhead, so Im surprised 2 metal albums made it into my top 3. Hm

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
What about metal?
I originally refrained because of the imagery of album covers, I know we have a number of right hand path adherents and I'd probably get reported for posting "offensive" content, but none of my favourites at the moment are too bad, so I'll do it.

Top five metal albums as of this moment in time(because Omni asked nicely)

Gloria Diaboli - Gate to Sheol

Canadian black metal, a national treasure.
My favourite track on the album.

A.M.S.G. - The Forbidden Transformation

More Canadian black metal, and a band local to me.
My favourite track on the album

Faustcoven - The Halo of Burning Wings

From Trondheim, Norway. Faustcoven play a mixture of black metal and doom metal to great atmospheric effect. This album is a bitch to come by and for good reason, it's awesome.

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Black/Folk Metal from the Ukraine, they write songs with poetic, cultural and traditional slavic influence. Very atmospheric and full of melody.

Genocide Shrines - Manipura Imperial Deathevokovil: Scriptures of Reversed Puraana Dharmurder

Blackened Death metal at its finest, Genocide Shrines comes from Sri Lanka with lyrical themes reflecting that, including tantric and anti-dharmic beliefs, mixed with the occasional ode to substance abuse and loose women.

1- Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

2- Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

3- Three Days Grace - One-X

4- Avenged Sevenfold - Waking The Fallen

5- Supertramp - Breakfast In America

The most perfect albums for me.

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Black/Folk Metal from the Ukraine, they write songs with poetic, cultural and traditional slavic influence. Very atmospheric and full of melody.
I've listened to these guys some before. They're pretty good!

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds
I know we have a number of right hand path adherents and I'd probably get reported for posting "offensive" content,
>3>

Originally Posted by AboveTheClouds
Top five metal albums as of this moment in time(because Omni asked nicely)
...I'm sorry, that deep throaty growling stuff just gives me the giggles. Despite that, I think I prefer Summoning The Rain from among them.

If I were to pick out three metal albums...

3.) Blood by In This Moment

Heard about these guys only recently and I've already listened to all their songs. I like their raunchy beats with a splash of production to give it more kick. Favorite song is easily Adrenalize:

2.) Images and Words by Dream Theater

Perhaps my favorite metal band. The more I hear, the more I like and I find their songs simultaneously peaceful and kickass. While Images and Words doesn't have my favorite Dream Theater song (that would be Nightmare to Remember on Black Clouds & Silver Linings), it does have my second favorite, Take The Time:

1.) MGR Revengeance: Vocal Tracks by Jamie Christopherson

I like my metal hype as **** (even if it is very synth-heavy). And with the selection on offer from this game, I have difficulty choosing. I decided to go with Collective Consciousness because I already linked to Rules of Nature before, and it's got some cool fascism-themed lyrics. They're extremely appropriate too considering you're fighting a superhuman senator in a giant robot during this part of the game.

Originally Posted by DerekVinyard
2- Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Own that one.

5- Supertramp - Breakfast In America
That's a little out of left field.

Originally Posted by matt72582
Breakfast In America is a great one! One of my favorites ever.
I can't think of any Supertramp songs. Quick! Someone post a Supertramp song!

Originally Posted by Nope1172
Classic.

Haven't heard that one before, but I really liked it.

I think I gotta listen to more Who.

No way this would ever make it into my top 10 favorite Beatles songs. Now Eleanor Rigby on the other hand...

Think you got a bad video there.

That's not The Beatles, but so long as you're going with covers, might I suggest one?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Images_and_Words.jpg
Views:	1074
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	25146   Click image for larger version

Name:	41m85qq-nWL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	25147   Click image for larger version

Name:	51EjtLvJqjL.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	25148  

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Glad you like Behind Blue Eyes and Bargain! The Who is my favorite band, you should defiantly listen to all of there stuff if you haven't already. I realized that was a cover of Elanor Rigby, but I couldn't find the real one anywhere. I didn't even realize Hey Bulldog had no audio I'll try and find a better version.

I realized that was a cover of Elanor Rigby, but I couldn't find the real one anywhere.
Not Youtube, but here ya go.

That was fun.

Do you listen to much Def Leppard?

3. Getz/Gilberto by Stan Getz and João Gilberto (1964)

Genre: Jazz, bossa nova
Best Song: "Corcovado"

2. The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd (1973)

Genre: Progressive rock
Best Song: "The Great Gig in the Sky"

1. Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan (1965)

Genre: Folk rock, blues rock
Best Song: "Ballad of a Thin Man"

Currently I would choose for my top 3 these 3:

Lot's of color and dramatic expression in those album's art. Just the way I like it.

The most listened to in my collection ate :
4 Way Street - a live double album by Crosby Stills Nash and Young which has the mosgt amazing long version of Southern Man on it. I've loved this album since I bought it in 1975.

the second I find hard to choose between Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven or their F# A# (Infinity)

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan would prob be up there too although I feel bad about leaving Springsteen out so I'll just have to mention my favourite which is the darkness that is Nebraska

Are your favorites from each, Ride The Sky, Hellrider, and Heathen Throne?
Hellrider and Heathen Throne are not in these albums, they are from different albums.

I don't have favorites in these albums, they are so great that many songs are great and hard to choose.

I think I got a new favorite metal album. If it's not 1st, then it's 2nd. What can I say? I really dig cheesy epic speed metal.

Sonic Firestorm by DragonForce

I don't much care for Prepare For War among one or two others, but despite the unthinkable, I feel many of the tracks here manage to compete with my love for Through The Fire and the Flames. I just really like long, varied, hyperactive kickass songs that could go along with some impossibly sick earth-shattering smackdown.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I think I got a new favorite metal album. If it's not 1st, then it's 2nd. What can I say? I really dig cheesy epic speed metal.
Dragon Force is Power Metal, just so you know. You wouldn't want metal meanies like me making fun of you

Exciter - Violence and Force

^^^That is Speed Metal

Welcome to the human race...
Been struggling to think of a good #3. My #1 and #2 are currently Remain in Light and Wish You Were Here respectively, so I feel like I should pick something less rockist for a #3. My reflex answer is Ziggy Stardust but I'm not sure that I want to lock that in.

The People's Republic of Clogher
#1: New Order, Technique

Technique, essentially, was Barney, Hooky, Gillian and Stephen go to Ibiza.

#2: REM, Green

#3: The Stone Roses