Name an actor that you recently became a fan of.

Tools    

Whether you're taking notice of an emerging star or discovering a classic screen legend, name an actor or actress that you recently became a fan of. And if you discover another one in the future don't be afraid to post it here!

I'll start with James Coburn, an actor who was prominent in the 60's and 70's then made a comeback in the 90's. I first saw him in Cross of Iron then saw him again in The Magnificent Seven which was one of his first big films and saw that even just starting out he had that same bad-ass presence to him.

I've just purchased The Great Escape, where he stars with many of the actors he worked with in TM7 and also purchased Affliction where he won an academy award for best supporting actor. He's one of those actors where you just want to see each of his films because you know it'll be interesting just cause that actor's in it.

I have recently become obsessed with films from Asia, specifically Korean movies. I think it had started many years ago after I saw R-Point. I had always liked the few films that were easily accessible from the bigger names in Korean cinema, such as Min-sik Choi, Dong-gun Jang, Jeon-min Hwang, Byung-hun Lee or Jung-Jae Lee. All are great actors but are relatively well known amongst "film people".

However, one name that I hadn't heard of before recently and have really enjoyed in these films is Ryu Seung-ryong. This guy is incredible. I can't believe I hadn't heard of him from my friends before. His role in The Front Line was worth the watch alone.

Whether you're taking notice of an emerging star or discovering a classic screen legend, name an actor or actress that you recently became a fan of. And if you discover another one in the future don't be afraid to post it here!

I'll start with James Coburn, an actor who was prominent in the 60's and 70's then made a comeback in the 90's. I first saw him in Cross of Iron then saw him again in The Magnificent Seven which was one of his first big films and saw that even just starting out he had that same bad-ass presence to him.

I've just purchased The Great Escape, where he stars with many of the actors he worked with in TM7 and also purchased Affliction where he won an academy award for best supporting actor. He's one of those actors where you just want to see each of his films because you know it'll be interesting just cause that actor's in it.
Have always loved James Coburn...you should check out the two movies that made me officially fall in love with him...Our Man Flint and In Like Flint. I would also recommend The President's Analyst and Dead Heat on a Merry Go Round.

Have always loved James Coburn...you should check out the two movies that made me officially fall in love with him...Our Man Flint and In Like Flint. I would also recommend The President's Analyst and Dead Heat on a Merry Go Round.
Thanks! I also want to check out Duck, You Sucker! and Pat Garret and Billy the Kid. Have you seen them?

Gonna watch Affliction today, can't wait especially since I'm also a Willem Dafoe fan.

Jake Gyllenhall was good in End of Watch and Prisoners - I'd never paid attention to him before that

Make a better place
I think I am becoming a fan of Mark Strong

I think I am becoming a fan of Mark Strong
Not familiar with him, what has he played in?

Liv Ullman. I liked her in Persona but after watching Hour of the Wolf, I've really grown fond of her and plan on watching the rest of her films.

Make a better place
I watched him in:
The Guard 2011
Blood
Anna 2013
Before I Go to Sleep 2014

the last two are really good movies

What hasn't he played in recently? Dude seems to be everywhere.

Among other films, he's in:
The Imitation Game
Zero Dark Thirty
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Green Lantern
The Eagle
Robin Hood
Kick-Ass
Sherlock Holmes

I've kinda grown a soft spot for Mos Def whom I've taken for granted in the past.
He was cool on "Dexter".

I like Mark Ruffalo a lot than I did before, but I hadn't seen him in much.

Thanks! I also want to check out Duck, You Sucker! and Pat Garret and Billy the Kid. Have you seen them?

Gonna watch Affliction today, can't wait especially since I'm also a Willem Dafoe fan.
Haven't seen Duck you Sucker, but Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid is a classic.