Movie Tab II

Tools    

Originally Posted by Tacitus
My Dad's favourite film.

The Searchers is number two so there's hope for the old git...
Your Dad and my mum are obviously from the same generation. It was her who told me to watch it. And the latter, which I admit I do love.

A system of cells interlinked
The Devil's Rejects - better than the last piece of garbage from R. Zombie. That isn't saying much, though.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
8/10
One of the funniest films i've ever seen.

Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
8/10
One of the funniest films i've ever seen.

"Just a flesh wound."

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Ophelia
Your Dad and my mum are obviously from the same generation. It was her who told me to watch it. And the latter, which I admit I do love.
I bought my dad a copy of The Searchers as a peace offering a few years back. If I was ever in a vacant enough mood to list my favourite films it would be nestling in the top couple.

The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash (1978, Eric Idle, Gary Weis)

4/5

Eric Idle and Neil Innes' loving portrayal of the Prefab Four. I hadn't seen this in years and it didn't disappoint. Idle was appearing on Saturday Night Live at the time hence appearances by a young Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd and a still-alive John Belushi.

Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and some chancer called George Harrison also appear (as well as the legendary Barry Cryer in a bald wig).

If you like This Is Spinal Tap, The Rutles is it's essential older cousin...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
... and a still-alive John Belushi.
He was so much better, then.

As for the rest of your post, I think that answers my question.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
He was so much better, then.

As for the rest of your post, I think that answers my question.
Hehehe, just as I was preparing a reply...

One of us is psychic and only the other knows.

Do you know my poetry?
Shallow Grave, A
1994 - Danny Boyle

The 40 Year Old Virgin, B-
2005 - Judd Apatow

Put me in your pocket...
Millions (2004) ~ Loved it. Best of the new bunch that I've recently seen.

The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005) ~ I almost turned it off because of the over-the top cursing, but glad I didn't. I basically liked it and it made me laugh.

Ladies in Lavender (2004) ~ I liked it, but I wanted to love it. Judi Dench is fabulous.

Taxi (2004) ~ Comparing it to other movies from SNL actors...this is not in the same league as Beverly Hills Cop...but not as bad as Corky Romano or Superstar.

Boys' Night Out (1962) ~ Silly and dated...but I still basically liked it. Nice cast.

Tom, Dick and Harry (1941) ~ Nice cast, but silly story and this was one of Gingers Rogers worst roles. I'm not sure if she was trying to act ditzy or ridiculously young.

Night Must Fall (1937) ~ I liked this suspense movie a great deal. Robert Montgomery was excellent.

Forsaking All Others (1934) ~ An enjoyable B type movie. Nice cast makes it worth watching.

L.A. Confidential
9/10
Possibly the best cop film ever.

Arresting your development

I must not have paid attention to this one when I first saw it in the theaters. Bad mood, bad company or bad popcorn? I don't know. I remember not being too impressed with it.

Last night's viewing gave me a higher appreciation for the flick. I'm glad I picked this one up.

You ready? You look ready.
First off I have to say. Thank God for the 5.50 bin at Walmart!!!! It just plain rocks sometimes. I picked up three movies. It just happened to be my luck that two of them were ones that I was looking to buy. First one was when I picked up a Jackie Chan movie. I didn't really know what it was until I got home. Then I was so excited I popped it in the DVD player. That movie was Bor lei jun (Gorgeous). Sure, it might have horrible dubbing and such. But man, I love it. That's what counts. Anyways, the next movie I picked up was What Dreams May Come and I got really excited about that one too. And finally, I picked up a classic; Bladerunner. Damn, I love that bin.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza