Time to re-instate the Django-ban methinking

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
He's a pain in the arse.

Same old blindspots. Same old negative result. Same old same old.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Check out the last few pages of the Global Warming thread.

(He's called darkhorse these days)

His latest logical feat is to insist that slashing car tyres is equally as bad as blowing people up with bombs . More importantly, he's filling up the thread with cack (and getting on my **** to boot).

Seeing as he hasn't changed, and his ban still stands, i say kick him before he gets up to speed again.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It's the filling up of theads that is a pain. He's impervious to reason. His insistence that he should be paid to post here is pretty off the wall, too. I think his attitude toward the place is pretty hostile, taken as a whole.

Oddly, the thing that makes him borderline tolerable to me is that he's so obviously a troll. It's made me stop taking anything he says seriously. Kinda sorry to hear he's getting on your **** (great figure of speech!), because watching you reenforce Reason to him is gratifying... though it is a lot easier to watch than to do, I happen to know.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Golgot
(He's called darkhorse these days)

More importantly, he's filling up the thread with cack (and getting on my **** to boot).

Seeing as he hasn't changed, and his ban still stands, i say kick him before he gets up to speed again.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Agreed.
HOWEVER... Unfortunately, it goes beyond that. A person using the tactics Django uses can derail intelligent discussion. There is a post in the Global Warming thread where someone else had something to say and actually posted that they had decided not to try and participate in the discussion because of the Django Effect.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Kinda sorry to hear he's getting on your **** (great figure of speech!), because watching you reenforce Reason to him is gratifying... though it is a lot easier to watch than to do, I happen to know.
I should have learnt. His denial 'abilities' are phenomenal. And he brings out the worst in me (pushing me to the extreme ends of my beliefs, where i don't wish to be). He's done it to nigh-on all the 'old-timers' here. Hardly anything positive ever comes out of it.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
You're right Non, and Sam, about ignoring him, for his (accidentally) trollish ways. (I say accidental coz he truly doesn't seem to be aware of some of his more extreme tendencies). But to be honest, we tried that last time he got to be a pain, and he just started doing the equivilant of running around loads of threads shouting 'lalala, look at me, you are racially abusing me and slandering my toenails by ignoring me'.

It gets to be a bit annoying after a while.

I tried being sarcastic to him instead of engaging him in conversation (but even that feels cruel).

So now, personally, i'd rather see the poor misbegotten pr*ck kicked off the site. Heigh ho.

Ew. I missed the cries of racism and the villification of people, simply for refusing to play his game. Those are things I find truly disgusting, and if that's where he's headed, I hope he's banned, as well.

I'm sure the mods will clean this up. That Caity doesn't play that game...

If you wanna see two unbelievably long lists of his bizarre misdemeanours during the last two times he cut a major swathe through the place, look here and here

It's both embarrassing and phenomenal that both were made. Somehow, that's the effect Django/Uday/darkhorse can have.

look here
Man did I have fun doing that. You should've seen the stuff I left out.

At one point I even constructed a mock debate transcript called Django vs. Uday; it was a compilation of his exact quotes designed to make it look like he was debating himself. Thankfully it never came to that, though I think I've still got it laying around here, partially finished.

They are Legion?
They are 1?
How many times did you have to ban them?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Oddly, the thing that makes him borderline tolerable to me is that he's so obviously a troll. It's made me stop taking anything he says seriously.
Exactly. I've argued with people who I think hold generally repugnant (to me anyway) views but this character isn't worth my time.

The downside, of course, is that I haven't bothered to spend time reading the thread in question in any sort of detail...

Originally Posted by Tacitus
The downside, of course, is that I haven't bothered to spend time reading the thread in question in any sort of detail...
That's the main thing i object to. He's generally the bane of decent conversation. He sometimes provides the odd reasonable point, but getting to it is like drinking a pint of water to get to a drop of guiness . What you end up with isn't very decorously presented (no clover-art or anything), has become massively diluted, and certainly ain't worth the 'money' (whatever he says )

That means anyone who wants to indulge in some heady debate, or just enjoy a light tipple, gets pissed off at the shoddy service and goes to another bit of the bar instead. <--- click

The People's Republic of Clogher
That's the main thing i object to. He's generally the bane of decent conversation.
Yup, I know mate. That's the shame of this whole escapade and a decade of objection handling at work have made me slow to rise thesedays where maybe I could step in.

I'm good at turning Guinness into water, by the way...

*Apologies for the rambling, my back's misbehaving and the pills are kicking in.

No worries, i've been up for nearly 30 hours straight now, and i've just started in on the wine . (Plus i've put up with 3 years or so of Django filling threads with protein water <--- dip in)

It's enough to make anyone... wish the b*stard would let a thread on a complicated topic develop once in a while.

I joined less than a month ago and i'm starting to find that guy annoying.

A system of cells interlinked
His insistence that he should be paid to post here is pretty off the wall, too.

I must read this.....