The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I was just wondering what positions my DNP made?

12. District 9 (2009) - DNP
15. Coraline (2009) - DNP
16. Kung Fu Hustle (2004) - DNP
17. Identity (2003) - DNP
19. Zombieland (2009) - DNP
24. Inside Man (2006) - DNP

Let the night air cool you off
For what it's worth, The Station Agent placed at #143 (in 4 ballots) while Road to Perdition placed at #207 (in 3 ballots).
Do you have the complete results on a spreadsheet?

Do you have the complete results on a spreadsheet?
No, but I'm pretty sure that @Yoda can do something about that.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

12. District 9 (2009) - DNP
15. Coraline (2009) - DNP
16. Kung Fu Hustle (2004) - DNP
17. Identity (2003) - DNP
19. Zombieland (2009) - DNP
24. Inside Man (2006) - DNP
Thumbs up for Inside Man

12. District 9 (2009) - DNP #282
15. Coraline (2009) - DNP #117
16. Kung Fu Hustle (2004) - DNP #116
17. Identity (2003) - DNP #214
19. Zombieland (2009) - DNP #119
24. Inside Man (2006) - DNP #383
There you go...

If you don't mind, where did Talk to Her finish? I know it was on at least three or four ballots, a couple of them up high.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Those three were the only Allen films that got any vote (i.e. you were the only one)
You mean that even the relatively popular within the crowd Match Point didn't get support?
uhm

As others have asked and been delivered, I'd like to know how these fared (three films from my ballot that were voted by others as well):

Antichrist
Dog Soldiers
A Tale of Two Sisters

Thanks in advance.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well done Thief! Top countdown!

Also damn all you people who didn't vote for Napoleon Dynamite! Damn you all to hell!

Also damn all you people who didn't vote for Napoleon Dynamite! Damn you all to hell!

"I see you're drinking one percent. Is that cause you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

If you don't mind, where did Talk to Her finish? I know it was on at least three or four ballots, a couple of them up high.
I can answer this one - 113th according to Thief some pages back now.
Not sure how many points it garnered in total but I gave it 17.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Good job, Thief. Much better than the last host

Here is my list:

1. Lost in Translation
2. 28 Days Later
3. Brokeback Mountain
4. Spirited Away
5. Quills
6. Plan B
7. Head On
8. Moulin Rouge!
9. In the Mood For Love
10. Pan’s Labyrinth
11. Downfall
12. Oldboy
13. Yi Yi
14. Shaun of the Dead
15. Stardust
16. Let the Right One In
17. Bronson
18. A Single Man
19. Requiem for a Dream
20. Werckmeister Harmonies
21. Gladiator
22. Infernal Affairs
23. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
24. The Wrestler
25. Wet Hot American Summer (1 pointer)

Some of these films have been on my last three ballots, so here's hoping they aren't eligible for whatever the next countdown is, just for a change!

Not sure what it's like in other provinces, let alone outside of Canada, but the locations here used to actually bake the doughnuts themselves. Sometime over the past few years however, the model has changed. Locations now receive frozen ones to heat up, and all they really do is decorate them.
Makes sense, that’s what happened with Dunkin too. Krispy Kreme it is these days.

I'd like to dedicate this post to one of the most prominent still active directors, sadly he was totally ignored during this countdown.

Woody Allen

As always, Allen was highly productive during the 2000's. Ten top level titles were released under his name during the decade, all of them vastly anticipated by the dedicated movie societies, and most of them widely acclaimed at the notable film festivals world wide.
You know, you're right about that. Allen had some very fine films in the early 21st Century. Especially notable were Match Point and Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

I watch and enjoy all of his films, but none of then made my top 10 (I only posted 10).

Unfortunately Allen is still pretty much blacklisted by most of the SJ crowd in the U.S.-- ironically the same group who never gets tired of shrieking about the Hollywood studio blacklist from the '50s.

Here is an interesting interview of Wallace Shawn, who starred in Allen's recent Rifkin's Festival. He shines some light on his snubbing:

https://www.jta.org/2022/01/28/cultu...-conversations

Like Yoda said, he'll work on the spreadsheet next week. In the meantime, if I have time, I can answer about specific placements...

359. Talk to Her (2 ballots, 16 points)

As others have asked and been delivered, I'd like to know how these fared (three films from my ballot that were voted by others as well):

Antichrist
Dog Soldiers
A Tale of Two Sisters

Thanks in advance.
162. Antichrist (3 ballots, 39 points)
208. Dog Soldiers (2 ballots, 28 points)
235. A Tale of Two Sisters (3 ballots, 24 points)

118. Napoleon Dynamite (4 ballots, 50 points)

Looking at the posted ballots, I'm not seeing Mary and Max. on any of them but mine. What was its score?

199. Mary and Max (2 ballots, 30 points)

Unfortunately Allen is still pretty much blacklisted by most of the SJ crowd in the U.S.-- ironically the same group who never gets tired of shrieking about the Hollywood studio blacklist from the '50s.
I don't think this equivalency holds up. It is one thing to be blacklisted for political beliefs to the point that you can't find any work in the industry, and another thing to be "blacklisted" by the allegations that have surrounded Allen's life. And I use quotation marks because, although I agree that certain circles still shun him, Allen's career has hardly been affected by it.

As was said here, he has remained a very prolific director, releasing an average of one film per year; 20 in the new millennium alone, with those earning nominations for 9 Oscars (3 wins), 5 BAFTA's (2 wins), and 16 Golden Globes (3 wins). During that time, he has worked with artists of the caliber of Scarlett Johansson, Penélope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman, and many others.