"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

He never expressed any anger or frustration about the tournament to me.

Everyone likes Captain Spaulding, he was even voted MoFo's Best New Member last year.

SC is there anything else you can say about why he's not here? But please don't post anything that was said in confidence to you.

SC is there anything else you can say about why he's not here? But please don't post anything that was said in confidence to you.
I'd rather just wait and see if he shows up. I really have no idea why he's disappeared.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We're still waiting for Nostromo87 and Captain Spaulding to vote in ROUND 5 before we can move on to the next round, but if they don't vote within the next few hours, we'll move on to the next round. If anyone sees them around, please send them in here to vote. (We may have to find a tie-breaker for one of the matches if neither of them vote, or if both of them vote for the same song.)

It doesn't look like either Nostromo87 and Captain Spaulding will be voting this round, so let's start looking for someone to break this tie:

John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights vs. Madness - Our House

Anyone who hasn't voted already can break the tie.

These are the winners and the losers of ROUND 5. If your song is in the losers list, now is the time to tell us that it's your nomination. It would also be nice if you would tell us why you chose that particular song as one of your nominations. What makes that song so special that you chose it for this tournament?

ROUND 5 - WINNERS!

The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)
4 Non Blondes - What's Up
* Madness - Our House
The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

ROUND 5 - LOSERS!

The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash
Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode
* John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

* Thank You to The Rodent for breaking this tie.

4 Non Blondes - What's Up vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)
The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want vs. Madness - Our House

ROUND 6 - THE SEMI-FINALS!

4 Non Blondes - What's Up vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)

ROUND 6 - THE SEMI-FINALS!

I know who nominated "Jumpin Jack Flash."

"Jumpin Jack Flash" nominator, are you gonna confess?

Jumpin Jack Flash and Johnny B Goode were both my selections.

Jumpin Jack Flash was a nickname my father gave me when I was a wee lad. Running around and up and down walls, etc. I was hyper so Dad felt that was the perfect nickname.

Johnny B Goode was mine since it is an old favorite and it is tied to Back to the Future. Plus my first name is John. lol

In all the craziness that went on here recently, I didn't get a chance to reveal my last nomination.

This country song was a clue for some people that it was mine, and you were right. This song has been my anthem ever since I first heard it. I've had joint problems for as long as I can remember, and it's always made me feel older than my actual years, so this song just felt right. Every time I feel a twinge in my bones, or I make that "oy" sound when I get up out of a chair, and especially on bad weather days when I can feel it in my knees, I think to myself, "I'm much too young to feel this damn old".