"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

Great post SV
Sorry to hear you do been having a tough time, but you sound like a lady with a lot of guts, so I'm glad you're represented by I've Gotta Be Me. You keep on believing in that xxx

Interesting to hear about your obsession with the Civil War. Why not go and join an enactment society? Those people look like they're loving it when I see them on TV. Ok you wouldn't be in the front line but I bet women played a big role behind the scenes, and you'd probably learn even more history too.

It's sad that a song tournament can lose us two lovely contributors. Maybe that's why GBG hasn't been around for a few days. I hope she's ok, but if it's that reason she's not here then please come back GBG. Most of the rest of us have been really enjoying the actual tournament and the explanation behind the songs.

By the way, clean out your PM folder!
Oh rats! I didn't know my inbox was full...so anybody who has tried to PM in the last couple days I did not get your message, so please resend it, thanks

Master of My Domain
ROUND 4:

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back vs. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash

The Yardbirds - You're A Better Man Than I vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)

Michael Jackson - Rock With You vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun vs. Garth Brooks - Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)

Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat vs. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

After the Fire - Der Kommissar vs. Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City vs. Madness - Our House

Johnny Cash - San Quentin vs. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up

Eminem - Lose Yourself vs. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights

Master of My Domain
I came online expecting GBG to scold me for not voting but I guess she's almost given up on this tournament...

In that case, I declare Black Hole Sun the winner.

I came online expecting GBG to scold me for not voting but I guess she's almost given up on this tournament...

In that case, I declare Black Hole Sun the winner.
No no. The winner is Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City

The winner and official song of the tournament should be:

Freddie Mercury/David Bowie - Under Pressure

"Under Pressure"
Pressure pushing down on me
Pressing down on you, no man ask for
Under pressure that burns a building down
Splits a family in two
Puts people on streets

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming, "Let me out!"
Tomorrow gets me higher
Pressure on people - people on streets

Chippin' around, kick my brains 'round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
People on streets - people on streets

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming, "Let me out!"
Tomorrow gets me higher, higher, higher...
Pressure on people - people on streets

Turned away from it all like a blind man
Sat on a fence but it don't work
Keep coming up with love but it's so slashed and torn
Why, why, why?

Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking
Can't we give ourselves one more chance?
Why can't we give love that one more chance?
Why can't we give love, give love, give love,
give love, give love, give love?..

'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure

I'm taking over until she decides to come back and finish this. I think the only people who didn't vote in this round were Captain Spaulding and Gbgoodies herself, but they weren't here all weekend. If they voted, it wouldn't change the outcome. Here are the winners and losers and the number of votes they received. If you lost, please explain your song. EXPLAIN!:

WINNERS
The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash (9 votes)
The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.) (8 votes)
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance (8 votes)
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (8 votes)
The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (7 votes)
Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode (7 votes)
Madness - Our House (8 votes)
4 Non Blondes - What's Up (7 votes)
John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights (10 votes and you people DESERVE cyberbullying for picking this stupid song over Eminem's "Lose Yourself" - ESPECIALLY you Gatsby - shame on you!)

LOSERS
Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back (3 votes)
The Yardbirds - You're A Better Man Than I (4 votes and Thank God)
Michael Jackson - Rock With You (4 votes)
Garth Brooks - Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old) (4 votes)
Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat (5 votes)
After the Fire - Der Kommissar (5 votes and all who voted for it will be blessed)
Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City (4 votes)
Johnny Cash - San Quentin (5 votes)
Eminem - Lose Yourself (2 votes because apparently people here are all Scientologists for voting for John Travolta)

This will be open 24 hours or until most people (or all) have voted. Do not worry about a fast pace as I'll try to keep it in the tradition of gbgoodies. She hasn't been around all weekend. If she comes back, she can take over again, but for now, I'm opening up this round in case she doesn't come back soon. PLEASE COME BACK. These have been randomized, gbgoodies-style.

ROUND 5

1. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)

2. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up vs. Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

3. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights vs. Madness - Our House

4. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance vs. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

* The last match - Number 4 - I forgot we didn't start off this tournament with an even number of songs - so it has three songs in it.

Just in case people think I did not actually randomize:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	random2.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	23128  

1. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane
4. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance vs. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

ROUND 5

1. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)

ROUND 5

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I just logged in, and I haven't had a chance to read all my messages yet, but I figured that most of them were basically trying to find out if I'm okay, if I left the site, or if I was coming back to finish this tournament. I just want to let everyone know that I'm okay, but I took the weekend off because I needed to get away from all of this for a few days.

I started this tournament because I thought it would be a fun way to get to know each other better, but it turned out to be a disaster. It's bad enough that people were dropping out of the tournament like flies, but it just became too much for me when people started leaving the site over this. It was never my intention for anyone to get hurt, but somehow, that's what happened.

Chypmunk sent me a message that he has already left the site for good, and he's not coming back. Hopefully he will reconsider, but sadly, it doesn't sound like he wants to come back to MoFo.

I don't know what else to say about this except that I'm sorry that people got hurt because of this tournament, and if anything that I said or did was any part of that, I sincerely apologize.

Honestly I haven't read all of the drama posts, I just try to ignore it. For me you have done a great job with this tournament, and I can't see that you have done anything wrong.