Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

it just didn't strike the chord with me that it apparently did for everyone raving about it.
Me either. Do not understand the hype at all. I plan to re-watch it though.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Bubba Ho-Tep (2002)

A cult classic I hadn't seen before but HoF 18 made me watch it. Like so often with horror comedies I didn't find this funny or otherwise enjoyable.

I was so-so on this when I first watched it. I wanted more horror, more comedy and more action. But repeated viewings I saw the charm and became a fan.

Suspect's Reviews

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Limey (1999)

I was trying to see whether my liking for Terence Stamp would outweigh my dislike of Steven Soderbergh films.

It did not.

The revenge plot is second to the tricksy editing, which is fine as far as it goes, but I couldn't help thinking of Memento, released only a year later, which took a similar concept and ran with it in a more coherent and meaningful way.

4/5
I'm uncritical, if you ask me about Coens movies - I adore every one.
How would you rank the segments?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Welcome to the human race...
Yes.

The Yellow Sea -

gotta love a good "guy in over his head" thriller

First Man (2018)

It should be hard for anyone to give this movie anything less than a 3. With that being said, it's hard to give it a 5. You know what you are going to get going into it, and it is executed rather well. The emotions of the event are portrayed admirably, and the acting was solid all-around. It's just missing some element that makes it a timeless, endlessly rewatchable film. Maybe it's because it reaches for more historical accuracy and not pure entertainment value....not sure, but I did thoroughly enjoy it.

Welcome to the human race...
Green Book -

had to knock off some points because Viggo didn't say "bada bing bada boom"

(it's not the worst movie ever but it's uhhh not exactly good either and it's a little hard to not only see why it should not only be a BP nom but also be one of the better ones)

6/10. Just a nice feel-good movie. Nothing amazing. Light comedy about a woman in her 40s or 50s getting pregnant.

With this being considered his best film I'm now done with Jess Franco. Forever. Maybe not forever but definitely done for at least a year. The two lead actresses (Soledad Miranda and Ewa Strömberg) are, um, very good - hence the two boxes. It does have a plot and that was nice, but it was kind of boring.

Maybe the greatest story but not the greatest movie. Was good, not great. Max von Sydow, however, was great as Jesus although a couple of times, due to camera angles or shadows, he looked a bit too much like Ming the Merciless.

Stand By Me (1986)