Movie Tab II

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Young Frankenstein

I have found a new obsession.

My dad was always telling me how good this was and then i bought it and watched it 3 times last night. Im totally in love with it now. I love everything about it and i laughed so hard at 'Puttin on the Ritz'. She had a rather small part and not much screen time but i totally fell for the Madeline Kahn part and im gonna try and see more of her films as this was the first. Id love to see this when it comes to broadway and megan mullally is in the part.

A system of cells interlinked
Star Wars (Lucas, 1977)

You ready? You look ready.
Blade Runner: The Director's Cut
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Die Hard 4.0(Len Wiseman 2007)-for a 300 million $ movie it's ok(visually)nice action I see Bruce was trying to achieve the look of the first movie but it's not the same.The first one is unbeaten 2.5-3/5

Three Kings(David O. Rusell 1999)-5/5

No. It's given 5 because it's better than the other Die Hard films. Where the frig does Superman Returns come into play anyways???

This board is to give our opinions. And if you don't like mine there's no need to put them down. You, Holden or anybody on this site. So, why are 'MY' ratings or whatever so pointless exactly? This I have to know.

Because Jrs, you seemingly give every film that is currently on at the cinema a solid
. You don't seem to discriminate films or have any form of standards to rate movies against thus rendering most your rating meaningless. I'm sure this is an over exageration and you could probably count the odd the instance where you havnt done this, but for the majority.

The Shooter

It's got some good action scenes but it also contains a lot of generic crap in it's story line.

The Messengers

This movie was actually kind of scary during some of the parts. But, why does everyone, everyone being those who design ghosts, tend to go with the jerky movements and washed out look? And, one of the main reasons I gave it a downer was for the ending which tried too hard to cover all it's bases.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

The Messengers

This movie was actually kind of scary during some of the parts. But, why does everyone, everyone being those who design ghosts, tend to go with the jerky movements and washed out look? And, one of the main reasons I gave it a downer was for the ending which tried too hard to cover all it's bases.
My complaint with this was with that constant 'creeping' that girl did. She would creep here, then creep there, then creep, creep, creep and some more creeping all when you expect something to jump out at here. Got on my friggin' nerves. Oh and I didn't care for the ending.

Jrs, you seemingly give every film that is currently on at the cinema a solid
. You don't seem to have any form of standards to rate movies against thus rendering most your rating meaningless.
I'm sure this is an over exageration .
Have I missed any films below?

Spider-Man 3

28 Weeks Later

Delta Farce

Georgia Rule

Shrek the Third

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Bug

Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor)

Knocked Up

Mr. Brooks

Hostel: Part II

Ocean's Thirteen

Surf's Up

DOA: Dead or Alive

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Fido

Black Sheep

Evan Almighty

Live Free or Die Hard

Transformers - Seeing it next week
Joshua

Sunshine

Mr. Bean's Holiday

Hatchet

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3-D
(Definitely!!!)

Just got back from seeing the latest Die Hard film and I have to say it had by far the most action of any of the 4 films from this franchise. However it was also by far one of the most far fetched films I have seen in a loooooooong.

a couple examples:

WARNING: "Die Hard" spoilers below
Where the Asian chick got slammed by the SUV and kept on coming.

Another was where the fighter jet kept missing with his missiles because he was too impatient, liked to destroy things then decided to get a closer view of the semi truck to shoot at he somehow didn't figure to ever get a better shot at it a bit later. *rolls eyes*

Oh and where McLean somehow knew the chopper would line itself up perfectly when he used his police car as a battering ram to knock it down........um no, don't think so.

And early on in the film where this pro sniper missed a dead eye clear shot at the kid in the window, clipping his wing was a bit ridiculous too.

Honestly though in the end, I still enjoyed it but it would rate 3rd spot out of the 4 with Die Hard 2 taking top spot and Die Hard 1 taking second place.

Also a trailer before the start of this film showed us the upcoming 'Hitman' movie based on the video game that could have potential.

Beware The Probe!
Also a trailer before the start of this film showed us the upcoming 'Hitman' movie based on the video game that could have potential.
I always pictured Jason Statham playing The Hitman roll if they ever made a movie of it.
Course that could be because The Transporter came out back when I was playing the game.

I always pictured Jason Statham playing The Hitman roll if they ever made a movie of it.
Course that could be because The Transporter came out back when I was playing the game.

a lot of people say that too at first it was going to be Vin Diesel and now Timothy Olyphant.Maybe because he is tall and Statham is quite short

Have I missed any films below?

Spider-Man 3

28 Weeks Later

Delta Farce

Georgia Rule

Shrek the Third

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Bug

Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor)

Knocked Up

Mr. Brooks

Hostel: Part II

Ocean's Thirteen

Surf's Up

DOA: Dead or Alive

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Fido

Black Sheep

Evan Almighty

Live Free or Die Hard

Transformers - Seeing it next week
Joshua

Sunshine

Mr. Bean's Holiday

Hatchet

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3-D
(Definitely!!!)
I'm not really that bothered tbh Jrs, though i'm sure some of those have changed since your original postings.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Potential is one thing. But when did you last see a movie based on a game that didn't suck?

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy
a lot of people say that too at first it was going to be Vin Diesel and now Timothy Olyphant.Maybe because he is tall and Statham is quite short
Yeah I'm actually glad it wasn't Jason Statham or Vin Diesel cause I'm too used to seeing them playing this type of role. Timothy Olyphant I have not seen a whole lot lately and he does look very different with that bald look going on. I never found him very good in Scream 2 but I did in this last Die Hard film I saw last night for how he played his character anyways.

Here is the dude I think could play the role perfectly. He's awesome in 'Prison Break' and can play a very good intelligently character with the calmest demeanor.

Potential is one thing. But when did you last see a movie based on a game that didn't suck?
The thing is I have never played this game. I have only seen trailers of it so my expectations aren't to be too precise. It could suck for the video gamers but personally, I'm hoping it won't for me.

And yeah, you are right about many video game movies sucking big time.

It was only the first Resident Evil film I enjoyed. I loved the CGI's with the Final Fantasy movie but the story was just too weird. Mortal Kombat, Alone in the Dark, and Silent Hill were terrible films. Wing Commander wasn't so good either and for me is only watchable cause of the outer space sci fi aspect of it. Tomb Raider I just could not stand Angelina Jolie and can only watch an occasional film by her anyways. I started watching Doom and it seemed ok to start so will finish that film another time to see how it all lays out.

My complaint with this was with that constant 'creeping' that girl did. She would creep here, then creep there, then creep, creep, creep and some more creeping all when you expect something to jump out at here. Got on my friggin' nerves. Oh and I didn't care for the ending.
Yeah, I forgot about that. It was pretty annoying. The daughter's back story, although not entirely believable or original, when compared to current horror movies gave the film a little more substance.

You ready? You look ready.
JRS, I noticed your Live Free or Die Hard rating dropped again. Just a few more popcorn buckets and you'll have it right.

Live Free or Die Hard-
The action was utter crap! Read my review for more.

Most of the comments I've seen about DH4 on the forums are pretty spot on with a bad movie.

Project Grizzly (1998, Peter Lynch) it would have been nice to actually see the guy fight a bear...

The Wool Cap (2004, Steven Schachter) I thought this was a great remake of Gigot and Macy played a great mute. I bet he would make a perfect charades player!

Shake Hands with the Devil: The Journey of Roméo Dallaire (2004, Peter Raymont) Just make sure your in the mood for this documentary when you watch it...