IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

did admin really strict here ?

Watching him spreading his special type of dumbfounding internet cancer is always a treat.

Mods aren't strict exactly on here, but the rule is PG-13. Anyone breaking the rules does get a fair trial though as a benefit-of-the-doubt sort of thing.
If anyone comes here with the mindset of spreading filth, insults and trolling, they usually last about 3 days max.

The "Morty-est" Morty.
Mods aren't strict exactly on here, but the rule is PG-13. Anyone breaking the rules does get a fair trial though as a benefit-of-the-doubt sort of thing.
If anyone comes here with the mindset of spreading filth, insults and trolling, they usually last about 3 days max.
does admin will ban the ip ?

Reposting this again for anyone who missed:

MoFo is a privately owned and run forum, the owner Yoda, overhauled the site a couple years back (the site is still going through the overhaul tbh with new additions and tweaks)... and he bought out a custom server for the forum too so he has complete and total control over what happens on here and pretty much all of the stuff on here, from quizzes, top 10 lists on profiles and the pictures they link to, the lists sections, the chat room (when it's opened) to the boards themselves... is code written by Yoda.

The Mods are a circle of Yoda's trusted friends and colleagues, so basically MoFo is a forum like no other.
Not a corporate owned thing, not run by faceless internet "employees" who go from site to site Modding, not run by 13 year old power-hungry administrators who have started their own forum by renting from an online server.

MoFo is one of a kind.

^^
Yes, the IP will be banned if someone repeat offends. In the 16 year history of the forum, there's only been one person I know of that was allowed to come back, and he then got banned again within a couple weeks.

See, there's no need to come onto a forum just to insult and offend everyone.
People on MoFo come onto MoFo to talk, discuss movies (plus a few politics threads and other stuff)... but we're here to have fun.

Sure arguments happen, which is natural, but there's no need to simply troll and insult and cause trouble... and Movie Forums is a place for the kind of person who wants to discuss rather than insult.
Trolls and spammers who simply want to cause sh*t all the time should find themselves somewhere else, they're not welcome here, and the owner won't stand for it.

Everyone is welcome that wants to be part of an online community based on a mutual interest... and the PG-13 rule is a pretty solid starting point when it comes to comfort for everyone

The "Morty-est" Morty.
^^
Yes, the IP will be banned if someone repeat offends. In the 16 year history of the forum, there's only been one person I know of that was allowed to come back, and he then got banned again within a couple weeks.

See, there's no need to come onto a forum just to insult and offend everyone.
People on MoFo come onto MoFo to talk, discuss movies (plus a few politics threads and other stuff)... but we're here to have fun.

Sure arguments happen, which is natural, but there's no need to simply troll and insult and cause trouble... and Movie Forums is a place for the kind of person who wants to discuss rather than insult.
Trolls and spammers who simply want to cause sh*t all the time should find themselves somewhere else, they're not welcome here, and the owner won't stand for it.

Everyone is welcome that wants to be part of an online community based on a mutual interest... and the PG-13 rule is a pretty solid starting point when it comes to comfort for everyone
now that's a good thing to hear
the thing is, i tried to find a new place for talking about movie
and some people say that this is
(i'm still searching for sci-fi movie only thread here)
but this troll follow me here
i'm sorry for that
just try to ignore that troll

When it comes to a general sci-fi thread, I'm not entirely sure there is one.
You'll probably find a few threads on what your favourite sci-fi movies are, but a general thread might now actually exist.

A lot of MoFos tend to start their own lists though of favourite movies. Whether it's sci-fi, thrillers, animation and so on.
I have my own sci-fi list (the link is in my banner) if you're interested in having a look

Thanks for the welcome

Yes, Camo made some observations [now clarified] that prompted DTeam and Odum to think twice about this Forum, specially with the presence of Joby Dimms.
Camo and Sexy Celebrity are not MoFo, I am not MoFo, not even Yoda - we are a community.

We all do not agree with one another, but no poster dictates who comes or goes, old timers included. Hopefully they will come back and see for themselves, and not overreact to some old timer taking sides in some others sites squabble. That certainly gave off the wrong impression.

Sorry Camo just calling it like I see it (or whatevers left of the first few pages it looks that way).

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Camo and Sexy Celebrity are not MoFo, I am not MoFo, not even Yoda - we are a community. We all do not agree with one another, but no poster dictates who comes or goes, old timers included. Hopefully they will come back and see for themselves, and not overreact to some old timer taking sides in some others sites squabble. That certainly gave off the wrong impression. Sorry Camo just calling it like I see it (or whatevers left of the first few pages it looks that way).
As I explained to Yoda, both Dteam and Odum are pretty nice guys who are fed up with the likes of Joby [though IMDB has its own plans for the future, I wouldn't be surprised the slightest if people like Joby Dimms who have 50+ sock accounts, massively reports threads and posts rather offensive and quite distasteful comments [border line criminal if not totally] made IMDB the cesspool it is today and forced them to cut the forums].

So, when Camo made his observations [I personally ] and as soon as Joby lurked his face it was natural that they responded with a "okidokie".

But, like I said, it has been clarified.

The "Morty-est" Morty.
When it comes to a general sci-fi thread, I'm not entirely sure there is one.
You'll probably find a few threads on what your favourite sci-fi movies are, but a general thread might now actually exist.

A lot of MoFos tend to start their own lists though of favourite movies. Whether it's sci-fi, thrillers, animation and so on.
I have my own sci-fi list (the link is in my banner) if you're interested in having a look
not might but should!
sci-fi movies need their own general thread

did you make your own list ?
erm.. i don't want to sound to be rude
but " A.I. Artificial Intelligence" on no. 25 ?
isn't that a bit too high for that movie ?

also does time bandit really worth watching ?
i mean like for collection

Master of My Domain
Well you see Yukio, Rodent gives every sci fi film a ridiculously high rating so that sort of thing is to be expected.

You on about Time Bandits and AI being in the lists section at the top of the page?
Those lists are forum wide lists and lists taken from other sources for you to check off.

But yeah, pretty much all of the regulars on here have made their own lists.
Favourite Movies Lists are usually the thing. Like, a personal top 100 movies. I've done that myself, and I've got a sci-fi list as well that goes from year to year since 1950.

Welcome to the forum, folks!

Please make sure to go into your User CP, upload an avatar, upload a profile banner, fill in your signature, make a custom user title, make a top ten, and maybe fill in some personal info in your profile. Also be sure to click on the "Lists" section in the upper right (in the black bar, underlined in green) and check off the movies you've seen from the various lists there.

We've got a great community here and I hope you'll all stick around and become part of it. We've got a lot of activities, too, including forum wide lists, Hall of Fame, and tournaments. You're too late to vote in the Top 100 Sci-Fi Countdown that will be starting soon, but feel free to post and follow along when the countdown begins. We'll be doing a Top 100 Movies of the 1940s after that, which you can vote in. If you have any questions or concerns, our admin Yoda and our mods (like Sedai, who posted earlier) are all very friendly and helpful.
You are acting like a real president now!

Camo and Sexy Celebrity are not MoFo, I am not MoFo, not even Yoda - we are a community.

We all do not agree with one another, but no poster dictates who comes or goes, old timers included. Hopefully they will come back and see for themselves, and not overreact to some old timer taking sides in some others sites squabble. That certainly gave off the wrong impression.

Sorry Camo just calling it like I see it (or whatevers left of the first few pages it looks that way).
Where is Camo? Is he boycotting?

Hi guys!
I hope we will have a lot of great talks together! And to all fellow migrants, I say: nice to see you again!

Welcome. You must be related to Captain Steel.

Would you care to see my rock collection?

Welcome. You must be related to Captain Steel.
I am being reimagined, deconstructed and rebooted so often that I do not even know who I know And please do not show me Eisenberg Luthor's face... this guy deserves all the razzies
Would you care to see my rock collection?
Rock...ekhm...not a big fan of rocks... plants...plants are nice, sun! Sun is just awesome, but as to green rocks...you know, I gotta take a rain check on that

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I am being reimagined, deconstructed and rebooted so often that I do not even know who I know And please do not show me Eisenberg Luthor's face... this guy deserves all the razzies

Rock...ekhm...not a big fan of rocks... plants...plants are nice, sun! Sun is just awesome, but as to green rocks...you know, I gotta take a rain check on that

I just read that in a really deep, gravelly voice. It was so cool.