please rate these films for me

Tools    

Please take a moment and rate these films for me. One, some, as many as you can or all, will be much appreciated. Nothing really particular about any one of these films or as a group. It's more random then anything else just interested in how other fellow mofo's would rate these. Again thanks for taking your time. Also when rating use your own rating system. Some people use 1/4, 1/5, 1/10, alphabet, specific word use for ranking etc whatever is easiest for you/

A Day After Tomorrow
Alexander
The Arrival
And Then There Were None (1945)
The Boys From Brazil
The Big Red One
Body Double
Being Human
Blue Steel
Broken Arrow (1996)
The ‘Burbs
Behind Enemy Lines
The Count of Monte Cristo
Crash (1996)
Clue
Contact
Cruising
Die Hard 2
Disclosure
Flash Gordon (1980)
Flatliners
The Firm
Grand Prix
G.I. Jane
Heaven's Gate
The Happening
Highlander 2: the Quickening
Hollywood Homicide
Inventing the Abbotts
Le Mans
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Lady Vanishies (Alfred Hithcock)
Lethal Weapon
Manhattan Murder Mystery
Murder (Alfred Hitchcock)
Mission Impossible 3
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Ninja Scroll
Obsession
Oh! Heavenly Dog
The Peacemaker
Reign of Fire
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Red Dragon
Snake Eyes
The Shadow
Speed Racer
Where's Marlowe
Zardoz

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I rarely give movies above 8/10 or below 3/10. These ratings here should probably piss off just about everybody.

1941 - 7.5/10
A Day After Tomorrow - 6/10
Alexander - 6/10
The Arrival - 6.5/10
And Then There Were None (1945) - 6.7/10
The Boys From Brazil - 7/10
The Big Red One - 6.5/10
Body Double - 6.5/10
Being Human - 5,4/10
Blue Steel - 5/10
Broken Arrow (1996) - 6/10
The ‘Burbs - 7/10
Behind Enemy Lines - 6.5/10
The Count of Monte Cristo - 7/10
Crash (1996) - 5.5/10
Clue - 7/10
Contact - 7/10
Cruising - 5.5/10
Die Hard 2 - 6.5/10
Disclosure - 7/10
Flash Gordon (1980) - 6/10
Flatliners - 6/10
The Firm - 7/10
Grand Prix - 6/10
G.I. Jane - 7/10
Heaven's Gate - 6.5/10
The Happening - 5.5/10
Highlander 2: the Quickening - 4.5/10
Hollywood Homicide - 6/10
Inventing the Abbotts - 6/10
Le Mans - 5/10
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 6.5/10
The Lady Vanishies (Alfred Hithcock) - 6.7/10
Lethal Weapon - 6.5/10
Manhattan Murder Mystery - 7.5/10
Murder (Alfred Hitchcock) - 5/10
Mission Impossible 3 - 6/10
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - 7/10
Ninja Scroll
Obsession - 6.5/10
Oh! Heavenly Dog - 5/10
The Peacemaker - 6/10
Reign of Fire - 5.5/10
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - 7.5/10
Red Dragon - 7/10
Snake Eyes - 6/10
The Shadow - 6.5/10
Speed Racer - 7/10
Where's Marlowe
Zardoz - 4.5/10

Not seen quite a few of these, so I've just rated those I have.

A Day After Tomorrow 6/10
Alexander
The Arrival
And Then There Were None (1945) 6.5/10
The Boys From Brazil 7.5/10
The Big Red One 6.5/10
Body Double
Being Human
Blue Steel 6/10
Broken Arrow (1996)
The ‘Burbs 7.5/10
Behind Enemy Lines
The Count of Monte Cristo - the new one? not seen but the old one with Robert Donat 7/10

Crash (1996) 7/10
Clue
Contact 6.5/10
Cruising
Die Hard 2 7.5/10
Disclosure 5/10
Flash Gordon (1980) 8.5/10
Flatliners 6/10
The Firm 6/10
Grand Prix
G.I. Jane 3/10
Heaven's Gate 5/10
The Happening 6/10
Highlander 2: the Quickening 2/10
Hollywood Homicide
Inventing the Abbotts
Le Mans 6/10
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou 7/10
Lethal Weapon 6.5/10
Manhattan Murder Mystery 6/10
Mission Impossible 3 7/10
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome 6.5/10
Ninja Scroll
Obsession
Oh! Heavenly Dog
The Peacemaker
Reign of Fire 7.5/10
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves 6/10
Red Dragon 5/10
Snake Eyes 3/10
The Shadow
Speed Racer
Where's Marlowe
Zardoz

Please take a moment and rate these films for me. One, some, as many as you can or all, will be much appreciated. Nothing really particular about any one of these films or as a group. It's more random then anything else just interested in how other fellow mofo's would rate these. Again thanks for taking your time. Also when rating use your own rating system. Some people use 1/4, 1/5, 1/10, alphabet, specific word use for ranking etc whatever is easiest for you
Okay. Now some of these films are older (by that I mean an earlier era), so for those I will rate them on the contemporary scale.

1941 -4: Good production value, bad script
The Boys From Brazil – 5 Good script, cast and story, but nothing special
The Big Red One -5 All around a good war picture.
Broken Arrow (1996) - 7 great script, good cast, high production value.
Crash (1996) -9 Excellent all the way around
Contact -7 Great adaptation, good cast, some of the visual translations could have been better.
Flash Gordon (1980) – 5 Just fun, good production value
The Firm -4 ehhh
Grand Prix 1966 -6 Great! A good effort all the way around: classic James Garner
G.I. Jane – 1 thbbbbbb
Highlander 2: the Quickening – 5 ehh, nice pick-up, but not as good as Highlander
Le Mans -7 Steve MacQueen at his best. Excellent race film – great ending.
Lethal Weapon -7 Great picture all around. Very funny.
Manhattan Murder Mystery -7 Woody Allen comedies are special to me
Murder (Alfred Hitchcock) 1930 -7 For that time, Hitchcock shows us what he’s made of
Mission Impossible 3 -6 Good action, but just the same . . .
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – 5 An okay picture. NOthing of any particular value.

For what it's worth (likely not much) of those I've seen:

1941 -- F
Alexander -- D
And Then There Were None (1945) -- A
The Boys From Brazil –- B+
The Big Red One –- D+ (strange plot in places, but Lee Marvin was good)
Body Double – C-
The Count of Monte Cristo (saw some of the earlier remakes many years ago, but not the latest one you’re probably seeking)
Clue – C (liked the multiple endings on video)
Cruising -- F
Die Hard 2 –- D-
Flash Gordon (1980) -- D
Grand Prix – A- (with the appearance of the greatest Grand Prix racer ever, Juan Fangio!)
Heaven's Gate – D-
Le Mans -- C
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou -- B
The Lady Vanishies (Alfred Hithcock) -- A
Lethal Weapon -- D
Manhattan Murder Mystery -- A
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome – C-
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves -- F
The Shadow – D-

So why this particular list, L.B.?

Originally Posted by L .B . Jeffries
Please take a moment and rate these films for me. One, some, as many as you can or all, will be much appreciated.
    A financial disaster, but I rather like it. Not up to the level of the best comedies of that era, but there are dozens of great sequences, and where will you ever find a scene with Toshirō Mifune, Christopher Lee and Slim Pickens together speaking three different languages? Not a masterpiece, but unfairly maligned.
  • The Day After Tomorrow
    Retarded FX garbage with some just plain witless elements throughout.
  • Alexander
    Some find this to be a misunderstood epic, I found it a bore.
  • The Arrival
    Very mid-range Sci-Fi of the period, though for me it works better than ID4.
  • And Then There Were None (1945)
    René Clair's all-star effort is the best film version of this Christie story, for sure.
  • The Boys From Brazil
    Dated but still engaging bit of hokum involving the clones of Adolph Hitler. Greg Peck cast totally against type as Joseph Mengele and Larry Olivier as a Nazi hunter are the reasons to see it, I suppose. But in comparison to Marathon Man where Olivier is the Nazi, this one ain't in the same class.
  • The Big Red One
    I like this one, a lot, but I'm a Sammy Fuller nut, so take that into account. You'll definitely want to get a hold of the "Reconstruction" from 2004 as it does improve the movie. Plus there's a terrific supplementary disc full of interviews.
  • Body Double
    One of DePalma's better flicks, though I don't think it's in the top three or four he's ever made. But some decent R-Rated pulp.
  • Being Human
    Haven't seen it in years, but given Bill Forsyth's work I don't think one can help but be disappointed in this one. It's probably not quite as bad as its critical reputation, but it ain't particularly good, either.
  • Blue Steel
    Bigelow devotees rate this as some sort of lost masterpiece, and while the concept of a woman as this kind of main character is interesting the Ron Silver character is so outrageously over-the-top I find it hard to care about what happens in this one.
  • Broken Arrow (1996)
    Typical John Woo nonsense with another hammy yet dull performance by Travolta, squandering the good will of his Pulp Fiction + Get Shorty comeback.
  • The 'burbs
    Still love this movie, though some of that may be residual nostalgia. Hanks is just fine doing his thing, but it's the supporting players like Bruce Dern, Henry Gibson and Brother Theodore that make it work.
  • Behind Enemy Lines
    Pretty standard actioner with a military bent, some decent sequences but mostly forgettable.
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
    I assume you mean the 2002 version with Guy Pearce and Jim Caviezel, yes? OK, but again not terribly special. And when you compare it to Dick Lester's amazing Three Musketeer movies from the mid 1970s, this is definitely lesser Alexandre Dumas.
  • Crash (1996)
    Odd material, but underneath typical Cronenberg in many ways. Amazing cast, but almost impossible to find a way into this other than a bizarre exercise in style.
  • Clue
    Now this one is some kind of comic near-masterpiece that was pretty roundly dismissed upon its release, but over the years on cable and video has become beloved. And rightly so. Lots of great laughs and a top-flight cast.
  • Contact
    Interesting as intellectual Sci-Fi, though I think it has a laborious set-up for the message it ultimately delivers. Still, definitely worth a look.
  • Cruising
    Absolutely bashed by the critics back in 1980, and looking back I'd say all of their outrage was justified. Poor Pacino stuck in the middle of this mess, and you could call it badly dated except that it looked just as bad back then.
  • Die Hard 2
    It doesn't hold together as tightly or as well as the original, and isn't quite as fun as the third, but it's like a Howard Hawks masterpiece of cinematic adventure compared to the dreadful fourth flick. Die Hard 2 is a decent ride if you kind of put your brain on hold for a while.
  • Disclosure
    Much ado about nothing, what starts as a slightly trashy and obvious piece about sexual harassment turns into a dull would-be thriller about corporate espionage.
  • Flash Gordon (1980)
    A campy classic that will not ever put one in mind of Star Wars, but has enough dumb moxie and a fun Queen soundtrack that it can definitely be enjoyed for what it is.
  • Flatliners
    A decent premise pretty much wasted, with Joel Schumacher caring more about the lighting than if the dopey story completely falls apart in the second half.
  • The Firm
    Good if straight-ahead thriller with a good cast. Doesn't really stand out for me and despite it being a Grisham adaptation and featuring one of the biggest movie stars of its day I don't think it holds up the way Pollack's Three Days of the Condor from twenty years before hand does.
  • Grand Prix
    Some amazing in-car driving sequences that were thrilling and revolutionary at the time, but like all of the movies that have ever been made about professional racing this one doesn't ever really hold my interest, despite a good cast.
  • G.I. Jane
    Really dumb but kinda enjoyable in spite of itself. All the press at the time was about Demi as an action heroine who had shaved all her hair. It's all pretty silly, though if you subtract the obvious political stuff from it as a training camp flick with Ridley's stylized visuals, it at least holds your interest for a couple hours.
  • Heaven's Gate
    One of the most infamous financial disasters in Hollywood history, but looking at it now it's probably both not as bad as its reputation but still not a good movie. Mostly it is just relentlessly self-indulgent and takes FOREVER to get where its going. The Johnson County War is a rather interesting chapter of U.S. history, but in Cimino's hands it is duller than dishwater...if beautifully photographed.
  • The Happening
    Still haven't bothered to watch this one all the way through, but given how even M. Night fans are dismissive toward it you probably should make it a very, very low order of priority.
  • Highlander 2: the Quickening
    Couldn't be worse. It also completely destroys everything that worked in the first flick, just pisses all over anybody who was actually a fan of that one and insults their intelligence and their patience.
  • Hollywood Homicide
    Couldn't be more generic or less interesting. A complete bore.
  • Inventing the Abbotts
    A decent period-coming-of-ager with a good cast. Doesn't reinvent the wheel, but as a straightforward drama you can do a lot worse.
  • Le Mans
    Has more of a documentary feel than Grand Prix, but overall I find it just as unengaging. McQueen, Newman, Garner, Cruise - they all love racing, they all made movies about it...all of them bore me. Racing ain't my thing to begin with, but I don't think any of these racing movies rise to a level that would inspire anyone who isn't already into it.
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
    If you like Wes Anderson's others you'll like this one too. It's the most out-there of all of them so far, and the deadpan and stylized humor intersecting with things like an action movie doesn't work for everyone, but I enjoy the Hell out of it. But I'm a proud Wes Anderson groupie.
  • The Lady Vanishes
    One of Hitch's very best, and definitely among the top two or three from his initial British work. See it ASAP.
  • Lethal Weapon
    Really, you've never seen Lethal Weapon? The sequels got less and less satisfying, but the original coupled with Die Hard are the templates for all of the action movies of the late '80s and into the '90s. None of them are as good as Die Hard, and few match the fun of the original Lethal Weapon.
  • Manhattan Murder Mystery
    Definitely one of Woody's best in that period. What else do you need to know?
  • Murder
    A decent prototypical Hitchcock picture from the British period, though it doesn't really hold up the way that Lady Vanishes and The 39 Steps do.
  • Mission Impossible 3
    I thought DePalma's first Cruise entry was slick but dumb, found John Woo's attempt almost unwatchable, and actually like the third flick the most of the bunch. Not perfect, by any means, but a good action movie with a few very well-crafted sequences.
  • Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
    This one has some silly bits that stand out looking back, but while it's not as simple and raw as The Road Warrior its good enough to take a look.
  • Obsession
    This is DePalma at the heights of his Hitchcock homage, an R-Rated pulpy take on Vertigo, but it simply doesn't work. Waaaaaay over-the-top and impossible to care what happens to anybody in this convoluted mess.
  • Oh! Heavenly Dog
    Another one that probably isn't quite as bad as its horrid reputation, but it's a damn sight from being good, either.
  • The Peacemaker
    Straightforward and completely forgettable. In comparison to some of the others on this list, Behind Enemy Lines has better action set-pieces and Woo's Broken Arrow is at least good for some junky eye-rolling. The Peacemaker is just a lifeless turd.
  • Reign of Fire
    This one got bashed a lot too, but if you let yourself in for some pretty dumb genre stuff, it ain't half bad. That's not to say that it's good, either.
  • Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
    I rather hate this one, not only for Costner's laughable miscasting and the anachronistic hamminess of Rickman, but because it's just lazy and almost insultingly average. But ask somebody who was eleven-years-old when this was in the theatres and they remember it fondly.
  • Red Dragon
    Not bad, but all in all I prefer Michael Mann's first bit at the apple, even if it does have some of the Mann '80s excesses in style. Plenty of good actors in Red Dragon and you get Sir Hopkins as Lecter to tie it to the other Harris adaptations, but Manhunter has some X-factor stuff that makes it creepier and more engaging.
  • Snake Eyes
    This is later DePalma at his laziest. A stylized conspiracy thriller that is dumb, dumb, dumb.
  • The Shadow
    Great character to try and resurrect, but this one is a pretty flat misfire that made sure this Shadow was going to be a one-off and not a series. If it had more fun with the period stuff, ala The Rocketeer, and the script wasn't quite so stupid it could have worked. But it doesn't.
  • Speed Racer
    If you do a search for this one you will find a contingent of MoFos, including Mark_F, who think this one is magnificently fun. Put me in the camp with everybody else on planet Earth who found it annoyingly unwatchable.
  • Where's Marlowe
    Great idea, average execution. As a Noir and mystery buff I have to at least recommend it as a curio, but it is a missed opportunity. Had the ingredients to be a little masterpiece. It ain't.
  • Zardoz
    Boorman's relentlessly weird and impenetrable Sci-Fi nonsense that should at least be seen once for its oddball spectacle and for Connery in a diaper shooting big guns.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

[list][*]1941

[*]Lethal Weapon
Really, you've never seen Lethal Weapon? The sequels got less and less satisfying, but the original coupled with Die Hard are the templates for all of the action movies of the late '80s and into the '90s. None of them are as good as Die Hard, and few match the fun of the original Lethal Weapon.
rufnek - So why this particular list, L.B.?
First thanks for the gigantic post holden and everybody else. much appreciated. Just wanted to clear this up. I’ve seen all of the films mentioned in my list. I’ve posted it more to get other peoples quick perspective responses on some films also how I rate them to others. of these films I believe some have been unfairly mistreated, good but not great, so bad that I liked them ie guilty pleasures, mixed feelings and others I simple have been thinking of going back and revisiting. Seeing as it's been some 10 or more years since my last viewing.

please keep them coming.

Left off the ones I've not seen...

1941 - 8/10
A Day After Tomorrow - 4/10
And Then There Were None (1945) - 8/10
The Big Red One - 9/10
Body Double - 6/10
Blue Steel - 6/10
Broken Arrow (1996) - 5/10
The ‘Burbs - 7/10
Behind Enemy Lines - 6/10
The Count of Monte Cristo - 8/10
Clue - 8/10
Contact - 7/10
Die Hard 2 - 7/10
Flash Gordon (1980) - 7/10
Flatliners - 6/10
The Firm - 8/10
G.I. Jane - 7/10
Heaven's Gate - 6/10
Highlander 2: the Quickening - 2/10
Inventing the Abbotts - 6/10
The Lady Vanishies (Alfred Hithcock) - 9/10
Lethal Weapon - 9/10
Murder (Alfred Hitchcock) - 7/10
Mission Impossible 3 - 5/10
Mad Max Beyond Thunder dome - 6/10
Reign of Fire - 6/10
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - 6/10
Red Dragon - 7/10
Zardoz - 4/10

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A Day After Tomorrow

Alexander

The Arrival

And Then There Were None (1945) N/A
The Boys From Brazil N/A
The Big Red One

Body Double N/A
Being Human

Blue Steel N/A
Broken Arrow (1996)

The ‘Burbs

Behind Enemy Lines

The Count of Monte Cristo (which one?)
Crash (1996)

Clue N/A
Contact

Cruising N/A
Die Hard 2

Disclosure

Flash Gordon (1980) N/A
Flatliners

The Firm

Grand Prix N/A
G.I. Jane

Heaven's Gate N/A (soon...)
The Happening

Highlander 2: the Quickening (been a long time but definitely a
or less)
Hollywood Homicide

Inventing the Abbotts

Le Mans N/A

Lethal Weapon

Manhattan Murder Mystery

Murder (Alfred Hitchcock) N/A
Mission Impossible 3

Ninja Scroll N/A
Obsession N/A
Oh! Heavenly Dog N/A
The Peacemaker

Reign of Fire

(I was 11 when it was in theaters, okay maybe 12)
Red Dragon

Snake Eyes

The Shadow N/A
Speed Racer

Where's Marlowe N/A
Zardoz N/A

What an odd list.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Please take a moment and rate these films for me. One, some, as many as you can or all, will be much appreciated. Nothing really particular about any one of these films or as a group. It's more random then anything else just interested in how other fellow mofo's would rate these. Again thanks for taking your time. Also when rating use your own rating system. Some people use 1/4, 1/5, 1/10, alphabet, specific word use for ranking etc whatever is easiest for you/

A Day After Tomorrow 3.5/5
Alexander
The Arrival
The Boys From Brazil
The Big Red One
Body Double
Being Human
Blue Steel
Broken Arrow (1996)
The ‘Burbs
Behind Enemy Lines
The Count of Monte Cristo
Crash (1996)
Clue
Contact 3.5/5
Cruising
Die Hard 2 3.6/5
Disclosure3.6/5
Flash Gordon (1980)
Flatliners 4.5/5
The Firm
Grand Prix
G.I. Jane
Heaven's Gate
The Happening
Highlander 2: the Quickening
Hollywood Homicide
Inventing the Abbotts
Le Mans
Lethal Weapon 4.5/5
Manhattan Murder Mystery
Mission Impossible 3
Ninja Scroll
Obsession
Oh! Heavenly Dog
The Peacemaker
Reign of Fire
Red Dragon
Snake Eyes
The Shadow
Speed Racer
Where's Marlowe
Zardoz
I have some serious catching up to do

Random Rating System:
1 Visual Lobotomy
2 A Trip To the Dentist
3 Barely Watchable
4 Unremarkable
5 A Reasonable Way to Spend Two Hours
6 A More Reasonable Way To Spend Two Hours
7 People Watching At The Beach
8 Finding Twenty Bucks
9 Like Going Steady With The Woman Of Your Dreams
10 And God Laid Down This Film, And He Saw That It Was Good

A Day After Tomorrow A More Reasonable Way To Spend Two Hours
Alexander A Reasonable Way to Spend Two Hours
Behind Enemy Lines A Reasonable Way to Spend Two Hours
Contact A More Reasonable Way To Spend Two Hours
Die Hard 2 A More Reasonable Way To Spend Two Hours
The Happening Unremarkable
Highlander 2: the Quickening A Trip To the Dentist
Lethal Weapon A Reasonable Way to Spend Two Hours
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome Unremarkable
Reign of Fire A More Reasonable Way To Spend Two Hours
Red Dragon A More Reasonable Way To Spend Two Hours

I came up with all these crazy ratings and then realized I had seen less than half of the films, and only needed four of them. Zz.

1941 - 9/10
One of my favorite Spielberg films. Many people do not like this movie, but I think it is genius. The cast alone makes this movie special, but the fact is I laughed like crazy when I saw it on the big screen as a kid and I still love it. Warren Oates is awesome, my favorite role by Warren and that is saying a lot (although it is a small role, sadly). I am a big fan of Warren Oates and this movie gives good example of his genius. Christopher Lee as a Nazi and Tishiro Mifune as a Japanese sub commander, I mean come on, it doesn't get any better than that.

The Day After Tomorrow - 2/10

Alexander - 3/10
I have not seen the director's cut. The idea scares me.

The Arrival - 3/10

And Then There Were None (1945) - 4/10

The Boys From Brazil - 9/10
Pretty much as good a telling as could be made. Gregory Peck and Lawrence Olivier are fantastic, but when has Peck not been so?

The Big Red One - 8/10
A very good example of a WWII film.

Body Double - 1/10
Just finished it five minutes ago. I thought I was watching a bad student film. Real garbage.

Being Human - 5/10
Watchable, nothing special.

Blue Steel - Ron Silver and Jamie Lee Curtis = WARNING WARNING (watch at your own risk)

Broken Arrow (1996) - 5/10
Lame, but watchable. This movie has nothing to do with the Broken Arrow about Cochise (Broken Arrow 1950), but that movie sucked too.

The 'Burbs - 5/10
I prefer Neighbors (1981), John Belushi's final film - 7/10.

Behind Enemy Lines - 6/10

The Count of Monte Cristo - never seen a version that was any good.

Crash (1996) - N/A

Clue - 2/10

Contact - 5/10

Cruising - 4/10

Die Hard 2 - 4/10

Disclosure - 3/10
I saw this when it came out. I was in Israel at the time and the screen was little more than a big screen TV (although we were in a "theater"). Hated it - double snap thumbs down.

Flash Gordon (1980) - 2/10

Flatliners - 3/10

The Firm - 4/10

Grand Prix - 6/10

G.I. Jane - 9/10
Demi is hot hot hot. Great action scene directing. Beautiful cinematography. All around I really like this film. I like what it has to say.

Heaven's Gate - 6/10

The Happening - LESS THAN ZERO (burn all copies). I am a BIG fan of M. Night, but I hate this movie.

Highlander 2: the Quickening - LESS THAN ZERO (burn all copies)

Hollywood Homicide - N/A

Inventing the Abbotts - N/A

Le Mans - 6/10

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 11/10 (well, I like it)

The Lady Vanishes (Alfred Hithcock) - 5/10

Lethal Weapon - 7/10

Manhattan Murder Mystery - N/A

Murder (Alfred Hitchcock) - 6/10

Mission Impossible 3 - 7/10
Some major holes in the story but some really good action directing. Tom does some good acting too (serious).

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - 7/10

Ninja Scroll - ?N/A?

Obsession - 1/10
Brian De Palma does not make movies; he makes parodiess of bad movies. Amatuer filmcraft skills. All early De Palma movies look like student films to me. Sad. Not sure how this guy makes movie after movie, when he only has a couple good ones and those are weak at best (e.g. Scarface - Push it to the limit LIMIT! hee hee).
"good" films by De Palma:
Mission to Mars (2000) - 6/10 (Syd Mead space achitecture rocks - 10/10 on Syd's works)
Scarface (1983) - 7/10
Blow Out (1981) - 7/10
The Untouchables (1987) - 8/10 (my favorite De Palma film, although it is generic Hitchcock like all his other films)
Carlito's Way (1993) 8/10
And many films that can only be endured once.

Oh! Heavenly Dog - N/A

The Peacemaker - 5/10

Reign of Fire (2002) - 8/10
One of the things I love about this film is when Bale gathers the children and teachers them how to pray. This is such a wonderful example of how societies under tremendous stress develop ritual for protection purposes. Beautifully done. Some people think this is a Post-apocalyptic movie with dragons. That is merely the setting. This is a film about leadership, responsibility, sacrafice, and honor. In another context, it is the retelling of one of the oldest myths; Apollo slays the dragon, Heracles slays the dragon, Jason slays the dragon, George slays the dragon.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - 4/10

Red Dragon - 7/10
I almost think that Man Hunter is a better film. Michael Mann has a few good films and his version of Red Dragon was one of these. This is a pretty good movie, however, for what it is.

Snake Eyes - 3/10

The Shadow - 2/10

Speed Racer - LESS THAN ZERO

Where's Marlowe - N/A

Zardoz (1974) - Hard to judge; just watch it.

A Day After Tomorrow
Alexander
The Arrival

The Boys From Brazil
The Big Red One

Body Double

Being Human
Blue Steel
Broken Arrow (1996)

The ‘Burbs

Behind Enemy Lines