Cars 2

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Owen Wilson is set to play Lightening McQueen again in the sequel to the 06 hit Cars. It is set to be released 2012 producer Brad Lewis takes over fom the John Lasseter to direct the sequel.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i loooove this movie...it was one of the first movies me and kevin went to. i want it on dvd!!! its one of the few i haven't got yet...

Once again why in all of bloody hell would they make a sequel to this MOVIE!!! It was better of alone!!!

I loved the first one. Hell, I'm still collecting the die cast Cars characters that they keep coming out with. I just hope the second will be as good.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Cars 2 merchandise has started appearing in our house even though it's not out yet. Friday has a sticker book which seems to tell the story of the film. A bit of a convoluted plot involving spies and criminals and alternative fuel with Mater being mistaken for a spy. And to think I thought the first film was a bit over his head. Mr. Next had to spend ten minutes explaining what a secret agent was. It seems to rely quite a lot on Mater's goofy charm which I never particularly subscribed to in the first film. I hope it's not too awful since I will doubtless have to watch it eleventy thousand billion times.

Some rather bad reviews I've seen so far for this sequel. Was not a fan of the first one and it's the weakest film from Pixar. So will not be seeing Cars 2 at the cinema, will wait for it to come onto television.

The kids and I liked it quite a lot. It's maybe Pixar's shallowest film but it's great looking, exciting and has plenty of funny bits. It isn't another Pixar masterpiece, but it is nothing like a disaster; it's a well above average, enjoyable animation.

The kids and I liked it quite a lot. It's maybe Pixar's shallowest film but it's great looking, exciting and has plenty of funny bits. It isn't another Pixar masterpiece, but it is nothing like a disaster; it's a well above average, enjoyable animation.
I agree. I really enjoyed it and my 2 boys loved it. No, it wasn't a strong Pixar film and wasn't as good as the first Cars, but it was typically Pixar beautiful to look at and I thought it was a good, fun movie. It held my attention and kept me entertained and most importantly, it did the same for my boys. In the end, that's what's most important in a movie.

They go to Japan. Me gusta.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I still haven't seen the first one which is a bit weird since I love Pixar. It just never appealed to me. I guess I don't really like cars, Owen Wilson, or Larry the Cable Guy.

I was rather thoroughly disappointed with this one, and I say that as someone who loves the first Cars movie.

The movie itself, while pretty to look at and entertaining enough, lacked the magic I've come to expect from Pixar. The plot was too convoluted and there wasn't enough new to be said about any of the established characters.

Also disappointing was the short. I hadn't done any research into this movie before seeing it and was unaware that Pixar had not bothered to come up with anything truly new but instead chose to go with some lame Toy Story thing. I love Pixar's shorts (except for Boundin') and whenever a new feature is coming out I tend to get just as excited about the prospect of a new short as I do about the movie itself. But this? It left a bitter taste in my mouth going into the feature, which likely didn't help my overall opinion of Cars 2.

Don't get me wrong, though. It's not a bad movie, per se, it's just bad for a Pixar movie. It's worth watching, but you'd probably be better off just renting it when it's out on DVD.

was hello dissapointed

I was rather thoroughly disappointed with this one, and I say that as someone who loves the first Cars movie.

The movie itself, while pretty to look at and entertaining enough, lacked the magic I've come to expect from Pixar. The plot was too convoluted and there wasn't enough new to be said about any of the established characters.

Also disappointing was the short. I hadn't done any research into this movie before seeing it and was unaware that Pixar had not bothered to come up with anything truly new but instead chose to go with some lame Toy Story thing. I love Pixar's shorts (except for Boundin') and whenever a new feature is coming out I tend to get just as excited about the prospect of a new short as I do about the movie itself. But this? It left a bitter taste in my mouth going into the feature, which likely didn't help my overall opinion of Cars 2.

Don't get me wrong, though. It's not a bad movie, per se, it's just bad for a Pixar movie. It's worth watching, but you'd probably be better off just renting it when it's out on DVD.
I was disappointed myself. My son loved it. But to me, it didn't feel anything like the first movie and had way to much violence in it.

It did make me laugh, but I also think a lot of that humor was more adult than child.

The 3-D portion was pretty neat though. Of course, that was my first 3-D movie in a long time.

My children and i went see this today. We all loved it.