MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

I dunno. I'm at a loss now now that Repulsion has shown tbh.
I'm guessing Rosemary's Baby will appear as well now inside the top 20.

I hate to be a total douche over this, but the inclusion of Polanski has irreparably damaged my respect for this list.

I've not posted since Repulsion was revealed... but I'll stick with it and rep Nozzy for his hard work until #1 is revealed, but I can't post any more in this thread.
I'm out.

I dunno. I'm at a loss now now that Repulsion has shown tbh.
I'm guessing Rosemary's Baby will appear as well now inside the top 20.

I hate to be a total douche over this, but the inclusion of Polanski has irreparably damaged my respect for this list.

I've not posted since Repulsion was revealed... but I'll stick with it and rep Nozzy for his hard work until #1 is revealed, but I can't post any more in this thread.
I'm out.
Are you kidding? I hope so.

Because it’s not like von Trier hasn’t been accused of sexual harassment or that there’s any real animal torture or mutilation in Cannibal Holocaust. No not at all. Let’s discard of all films on this list and all the members who send in a list. Because everything doesn’t matter now because of one single man who you despise. I don’t agree with Cannibal Holocaust but why should that stop me from reading the rest of the list and interacting?

What you are basically saying is you lost all respect for all the members who voted Polanski. And if not, then why are you able to talk and interact with people on this forum who likes Polanski but not a thread about a list that has 1-2 Polanski films out of 100?

Sorry, but this rubbed me the wrong way.

As Bertrand Russell once said, 'The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation.' I think we can all appreciate the relevance of that now.
Was that on a beer mat?
Yeah, it was guinness extra cold.

Shaun Of The Dead (2004)
Runtime: 1 Hr 39 Mins
Production Company: StudioCanal
Distributed by Universal Pictures
Production Budget: $6,100,000
Box Office: $30,000,000
Fourteen Votes
180 Points (22, 20, 19, 18, 18, 16, 15, 15, 10, 10, 7, 4, 3, 3)
High Voter: @Nope1172

The Winchester
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaun Of The Dead 21.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	53731  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm really surprised Funny Games made the list, at least this high. That's crazy. Didn't think there were that many fans of it.

As for Shaun of the Dead, I had it at #8. Brilliantly hilarious and I was lucky to see it in theatres. Blends two genres that Wright clearly loves perfectly and launched their careers.

Would I mind a sequel? From Dusk Till Shaun? Uhhh, maybe, why not.

Shaun of the Dead > Zombieland

Funny Games (1997)
Runtime: 1 Hr 49 Mins
Production Company: Österreichischer Rundfunk
Distributed by Concorde-Castle Rock/Turner
Eleven Votes
163 Points (23, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 11, 8, 6, 4)
High Voter: @HashtagBrownies

Schockierend wie "Clockwork Orange", kontrovers wie "Natural Born Killers"
Translated: Shocking like "A Clockwork Orange," controversial as "Natural Born Killers." (Tagline)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!

A system of cells interlinked
I guess I need to see Funny Games...

I really like Shaun of the Dead but I’m not as big a fan as some seem to be. It’s quite the cult classic or whatever, but I’m not quite on that wave. But I do like it a lot. I love Hot Fuzz though.

I guess I need to see Funny Games...
What he said^^

Are you kidding? I hope so.

Because it’s not like von Trier hasn’t been accused of sexual harassment or that there’s any real animal torture or mutilation in Cannibal Holocaust. No not at all. Let’s discard of all films on this list and all the members who send in a list. Because everything doesn’t matter now because of one single man who you despise. I don’t agree with Cannibal Holocaust but why should that stop me from reading the rest of the list and interacting?

What you are basically saying is you lost all respect for all the members who voted Polanski. And if not, then why are you able to talk and interact with people on this forum who likes Polanski but not a thread about a list that has 1-2 Polanski films out of 100?

Sorry, but this rubbed me the wrong way.

Was Von Trier found guilty, and then fled to another country to avoid prison... and then reoffended, upon which he was found guilty... and then fled again... then reoffended again?

If you knew how close to my home that child molestation, paedophilia and rape was, you wouldn't question my motives, MM.

Polanski should have his balls fed to him and then be hanged in public.

Was Von Trier found guilty, and then fled to another country to avoid prison... and then reoffended, upon which he was found guilty... and then fled again... then reoffended again?

If you knew how close to my home that child molestation, paedophilia and rape was, you wouldn't question my motives, MM.

Polanski should have his balls fed to him and then be hanged in public.
It was clear you had a personal and deep problem about Polanski already judging by your first post. That is even more clear now.

But to me it still doesn’t explain your decision to discard everything and what I talked about in my previous post. That one man should stop you from enjoying everything that isn’t about those 1-2 films on the list. To me, it seems like Polanski wins by you not being able to enjoy so much in this thread because of one man and two films...

But of course it’s up to you. I can’t change your mindset. I’ll not bother you with it more than this.

I'm not sure why I didn't have Shaun of the Dead in consideration for my list. I used to like the film quite a lot, and I even wrote a paper on its use of sound for one of my classes. It starts off very light-hearted, and takes its time building characters so that when they finally realize how serious their situation is, it does have some weight to it. It feels like it earns the more dramatic moments towards the end of the film, or at least that's how I remember it. I still prefer Hot Fuzz, but it's a very solid film that I probably should've had on my list.

Seen: 61/80
My List: 11

02. Re-Animator (1985) - #88
07. Cabin in the Woods (2011) - #52
11. The Descent (2005) - #40
12. Saw (2004) - #32
13. The Conjuring (2013) - #29
16. Event Horizon (1997) - #49
17. The Wailing (2016) - #69
18. It Follows (2014) - #78
20. The Babadook (2014) - #63
21. Videodrome (1983) - #42
22. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) - #25
25. The Void (2016) - DNP/1 Pointers List

Which version of Funny Games would people recommend I watch? I presume it's the original, but I just want to make sure.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I obviously did this backwards, but 10 years ago it was difficult for me to find a copy of Haneke's original Funny Games to rent, so I watched the American version first. I was equally impressed with and indifferent to that film, and since this is almost the exact same version with just a different language, it's difficult for me to give it a higher rating, even though basically all the creative decisions are found in the original. Funny Games is the kind of film where you can't really get into what it's about without ruining it. Haneke is obviously addressing cinematic violence and how the audience responds to it and fuels the need for it to perhaps become increasingly more prevalent and gruesome. It's a heady theme for a thriller, and sometimes it works amazingly well, but other times, it seems a bit cold and pretentious. I still recommend that you check out one of the versions and decide for yourself.

I obviously did this backwards, but 10 years ago it was difficult for me to find a copy of Haneke's original Funny Games to rent, so I watched the American version first. I was equally impressed with and indifferent to that film, and since this is almost the exact same version with just a different language, it's difficult for me to give it a higher rating, even though basically all the creative decisions are found in the original. Funny Games is the kind of film where you can't really get into what it's about without ruining it. Haneke is obviously addressing cinematic violence and how the audience responds to it and fuels the need for it to perhaps become increasingly more prevalent and gruesome. It's a heady theme for a thriller, and sometimes it works amazingly well, but other times, it seems a bit cold and pretentious. I still recommend that you check out one of the versions and decide for yourself.

Awesome, will do!

Thanks, Mark!

As for Shaun of the Dead, I had it at #8. Brilliantly hilarious and I was lucky to see it in theatres. Blends two genres that Wright clearly loves perfectly and launched their careers.

Would I mind a sequel? From Dusk Till Shaun? Uhhh, maybe, why not.

Shaun of the Dead > Zombieland
That could wake me up some.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Twinkies1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	53741  

Which version of Funny Games would people recommend I watch? I presume it's the original, but I just want to make sure.

Original.

It floored me the first time I saw it.

Evil Dead 2 was on my list #23. Amazing flick.
I love 28 Days Later glad it made the list but didn't make mine...
Funny Games is one of the worst movie I've ever seen