Movies you loved but everyone else hated?

Tools    

I'll contribute a little more to this thread. I already said Cat In The Hat, and explained it in thorough detail (I really went on about that movie, I must have been really bored that day, ) but here's a few more. Some of these aren't too hated on, some just usually get mixed reception, but I listed them anyways.

-Everything that M. Night has ever done. Well, people liked The Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable, which I love as well, but the director has definitely been taking some hits from everyone since Signs (which is the only film from him I have not watched.) I don't remember much about The Last Airbender, I'll have to give it another go one day.

-Alice In Wonderland (2010) I just appreciate the attempt to tell a good story in this world. Alice In Wonderland was good, yes, but it was more of a great representation of how good, and imaginative Disney can be with animation. Both brought the world to life, but in different ways. It's just another good Burton/Depp collaboration for me. Also, I was a fan of Dark Shadows. It's my least favorite Burton film to date, but hey, I love the guy, what can I say?

Tron Legacy- One of the prettiest films I've ever seen in the visual department, Jeff Bridges, of course, and a kick ass Daft Punk soundtrack.

And, pretty much every other big live action Disney film that's come out recently, John Carter, Oz, & The Lone Ranger. I didn't love any of these, but they were fun.

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole-Was interesting to see Snyder work on something like this, to say the least, because his usual fare is dark, bloody, and so on. I thought it worked well, the owl fighting sequences were surprisingly pretty cool. I want to see more of this series. It also has some of the best 3D I've ever seen, no joke.

Some more: Funny Games (2008), Rock Of Ages, Project X, The Hangover 2 & 3, Spanglish, Speed Racer, and so on. I could go into more detail, and list more, but I'm lazy.

i confess

i find it so funny, pls don't judge me
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

For me its Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Blair Witch Project, Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace.

-Alice In Wonderland (2010) I just appreciate the attempt to tell a good story in this world. Alice In Wonderland was good, yes, but it was more of a great representation of how good, and imaginative Disney can be with animation. Both brought the world to life, but in different ways. It's just another good Burton/Depp collaboration for me. Also, I was a fan of Dark Shadows. It's my least favorite Burton film to date, but hey, I love the guy, what can I say?

Tron Legacy- One of the prettiest films I've ever seen in the visual department, Jeff Bridges, of course, and a kick ass Daft Punk soundtrack.
Agree with you on both films, especially Tron: Legacy. That score by Daft Punk was astonishing.

Do you think you could maybe list your picks in a single post instead of multiple posts one after the other? It's rather annoying.

Crash is one of those movies. I loved it. Dont know why, many people hate it.

Do you think you could maybe list your picks in a single post instead of multiple posts one after the other? It's rather annoying.
Agreed.

Loved, loved, loved PLEASANTVILLE...that film is a masterpiece and I think Joan Allen was robbed of an Oscar nomination.
People hated Pleasantville?

No one hated Pleasantville, it's a wonderful film. Of course, if you do know someone who doesn't like it, slap them for me.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Jurassic Park 3-Obviously not as good as the original but this is a solid action flick overall. I enjoy it
Paid in Full-Very good crime/gangster flick. Don't understand the hate, this is a great movie imo
Club Dread-bloody,entertaining and alot of fun. Obviously not an oscar winner, but I enjoyed it.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003 Remake)-Don't get the hate. This remake was gritty,creepy and moody. Solid Horror film.
Nightmare on Elm Street Remake-Not that bad, I liked the darker feel to this one.
Let Me In-I liked this one better than Let The Right One In. (shrugs shoulders)
Halloween 4,5 and 6-yes they're bad films, but I dont think they are as bad as alot of people claim them to be. They're solid Horror flicks imo.

For me its Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Blair Witch Project, Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace.

Took the titles right out of my mouth. I'll also add Cloud Atlas to the mix.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
As of late, I seem to be in the minority of loving Only God Forgives. Oh, and I doubt you'll come across many people who claim Gus Van Sant's Gerry is one of the greatest films of the 21st century.