Extremely depressing film recommendations?

Tools    

Gone back to reading
Before i go to bed i wanna ask this, and maybe wake up to a plethora of great recs, films that are a little less well known, thanks a bunch!! So depressing they're not entertainment.

Romeo Is Bleeding (1993) always comes to mind. It borders on satire, but I still found it incredibly depressing.

A system of cells interlinked
Three Colors: Blue

Kieślowski, 1993

A system of cells interlinked
A few more that came to mind as I walked along at lunch:

Sophie's Choice, House of Sand and Fog, Requiem for a Dream

In a Glass Cage, Brimstone, Combat Shock, A True Story of the Private Ginza Police, Demons (1971), Cut-Throats Nine, Antichrist, Dancer in the Dark, and The Reflecting Skin. That's something to get your depression started, and all are from OK to excellent films, too.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Is German Concentration Camps Factual Survey (2014) depressive enough?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Romeo Is Bleeding (1993) always comes to mind. It borders on satire, but I still found it incredibly depressing.
Lena Olin is marvelously feral in that one.

But it is fantastical and silly and the guy has it coming.

What about Losing Isiah or Kramer vs. Kramer or Love Story or The Deer Hunter or The Road or Threads?

Dancer in the Dark
Manchester by the Sea
Fruitvale Station
The Elephant Man
Lion
Room
Ikiru
Umberto D
Aftersun
A Hidden Life
Wendy & Lucy
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'll go for broke here and mention The Pawnbroker (1964), a tour-de-force, early appearance by Rod Steiger. A traumatized Holocaust survivor operates a pawn shop in a not-so-great area in New York, has a morose, exploitive relationship with his customers and employees and is nearly dead inside. He has explicit flashbacks to the death camp and the loss of everything and everybody he knew. Nothing good comes of this. I saw it years back and felt traumatized myself, have not seen it since then. It has the distinction of being the first mainstream movie to show unclothed, explicit breasts, the movie that broke the Hays Code, but those scenes are so bleak that you'd have to be a twisted SOB to see anything erotic in them. It's all in the shaky-cam, gritty black and white style, so the imagery itself contributes to the depressing mood.

I've been pushing The Third Part of the Night for the past year when I've felt it appropriate, and it was one I came out of it feeling bleak.