Best Picture Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The only thing that can save this now if One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest takes the 1st place, instead of Gladiator! xD

The only thing that can save this now if One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest takes the 1st place, instead of Gladiator! xD
Amen to that!

And thank goodness it came true!

I had Cuckoo's Nest as my #1

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My list:
1. Forrest Gump
2. On the Waterfront
3. Gladiator
4. A Beautiful Mind
5. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
6. The Godfather
7. 12 Years a Slave
8. Moonlight
9. Argo
10. Mutiny on the Bounty
11. All the King's Men

Congrats Sean! though I should be mad as I was planning on nominating Cuckoo's Nest in a future Hof. I really enjoyed watching that film again.

Way to go Raul! this was a great idea for an Hof I hope you do a Part II...there's a whole lot more Best Pics we could nominate

Congrats Sean! though I should be mad as I was planning on nominating Cuckoo's Nest in a future Hof. I really enjoyed watching that film again.

Way to go Raul! this was a great idea for an Hof I hope you do a Part II...there's a whole lot more Best Pics we could nominate
I plan on doing part 2 next year around the same time pre- Oscar ceremony.

My list:

1 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
2 On the Waterfront (1954)
3 Forrest Gump (1994)
4 12 Years a Slave (2013)
5 Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)
6 Argo (2012)
7 The Godfather (1972)
8 Rocky (1976)
9 Silence of the Lambs (1991)
10 Moonlight (2016)
11 A Beautiful Mind (2001)
12 All the King's Men (1949)
13 Gladiator (2000)

Glad to have watched all these films But I would only say I really loved the top 3 on my list.

Shocked by the results. I didn't even vote my nom #1. Thrilled we have Cockoo's Nest in the HOF. Fantastic film. Great job Raul. Now run a sports one.

Would have been criminal for #2 or #3 to make it so glad we dodged that bullet.

1. The Godfather
2. The Silence of the Lambs
3. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
4. On the Waterfront
5. Argo
6. Gladiator
7. 12 Years a Slave
8. All the Kings Men
9. Moonlight
10. Mutiny on the Bounty
11. Rocky
12. Forrest Gump
13. A Beautiful Mind

Really surprised The Godfather was so low. Thrilled Gladiator took second and not at all mad about Cuckoo's placement.

My List:

1. Gladiator
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
3. A Beautiful Mind
4. Moonlight
5. 12 Years a Slave
6. On the Waterfront
7. Argo
8. Forrest Gump
9. The Godfather
10. All the King's Men
11. Mutiny On the Bounty

My original ballot had The Silence of the Lambs at 7 and Rocky at 13

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A bit of a shock, I was sure Gladiator would win. Only a point in it though! And whatever happened to Silence of the Lambs...? I'm glad my (blind) nom Moonlight wasn't last, although I feel sorry for All the King's Men which had a bit of a rough ride in this HoF. Not surprised at The Godfather's placing really as a couple of people didn't like it. It was a really tough HoF to rank though.

Thanks to raul for hosting, it was interesting rewatching lots of these.

My list:

1. The Godfather
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Gladiator
4. All the King’s Men
5. 12 Years a Slave
6. Moonlight
7. Forrest Gump
8. On the Waterfront
9. Argo
10. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
11. Rocky
12. Mutiny on the Bounty
13. A Beautiful Mind

Silence of the Lambs was Donnie's nomination. He hasn't posted in over a month and I mentioned him a few times with no response. Hence the elimination.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's a shame; I think Silence of the Lambs was my favourite rewatch. I knew I liked the Godfather and that didn't really change but SotL was one I appreciated a lot more this time around.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Excellent job @rauldc14 at hosting and doing another Part 2 around this time next year is a GREAT IDEA!!!

And a SERIOUS BRAVO to @seanc for taking the win!! WAY TO GO!!

I really couldn't have guessed WHO would have won or truly deserved since there were SOO MANY great films on this one. In fact, this HoF had movies I really enjoyed through the ENTIRE list. Normally, I could pick an easy top and an easy last place, but not this one. They were all pretty d@mn good.

My List

1) The Godfather A top favorite, so while it was hard with so many, it did win out for me
2) Gladiator If there would be one to actually beat The Godfather for me, this would have been it.
3) A Beautiful Mind High score for being an unseen film that I thoroughly loved.
4) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Another old fave, glad to see it win
5) 12 Years a Slave From here on it was a mad dash to make a list and instead of over-thinking, I did a gut shot and filled up holes.
6) Silence of the Lambs
7) On the Waterfront
8) Mutiny on the Bounty
9) Forrest Gump
10) Rocky
11) Argo
12) All the King's Men Not surprised to see this blind grab so low (I even voted low) Though not out of dislike, just so many better movies
13) Moonlight same for this movie. I enjoyed it, truly did. This just happened to be where it landed in the quick vote. As I said, enjoyed them all, all the way across

I'm not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure Silence of the Lambs would have took this home. It was leading before I retallied the votes.