The Best Comedies

Tools    

Good choices. From the same director I like Hot Fuzz as well as Shaun of the Dead.
Favourites of mine are Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Planes Trains and Automobiles and Uncle Buck - John Candy sadly missed, such a funny guy. Christmas wouldn't be the same without National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm sure that this topic has been done before, and someone will come along soon with a link to the previous thread, but until then, I'll add Airplane, My Cousin Vinny and Liar Liar.

I love The Holy Grail and Shaun of the Dead. If you like Shaun of the Dead I think you'd really like Hot Fuzz(Pegg and Frost are cops) and The World's End.

My favorite comedies of recent years are Horrible Bosses, Zombieland, Birdman, Seven Psychopaths & Tropic Thunder

I have to return some videotapes.
Some of my favorites

Clerks & Clerks II
Dr Strangelove
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Blazing Saddles
The Producers
The Wolf of Wall Street
Arsenic and Old Lace
Tropic Thunder
Was going to put Wolf of Wall Street, but didn't feel like it was the same thing he was looking for.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Was going to put Wolf of Wall Street, but didn't feel like it was the same thing he was looking for.
Is Wolf of Wall Street really a comedy? I disclosed films like Fargo, Birdman, The Graduate, Being John Malkovich, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because I thought they weren't focused enough on comedy.

Is Wolf of Wall Street really a comedy? I disclosed films like Fargo, Birdman, The Graduate, Being John Malkovich, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because I thought they weren't focused enough on comedy.
Yes, a black comedy. And it is hilarious.

The Hangover series!!!

Out of the ones I've seen, i'd consider The Graduate and Fargo to be comedies. In fact The Graduate is easily a comedy in my eyes, but more of a fairytale romantic comedy.

Out of the ones I've seen, i'd consider The Graduate and Fargo to be comedies. In fact The Graduate is easily a comedy in my eyes, but more of a fairytale romantic comedy.
Until somebody responded to the review of the film I wrote on my review thread, I had no idea The Wolf of Wall Street was supposed to be a comedy.

I thought the Graduate was more depressing than comedic, it's about a boy who spends his life working to graduate college, and when he does, he doesn't know what to do with his life, and then
WARNING: "Spoilers for a 48 year old movie!" spoilers below
he has an affair, ruins a family, and ends up ruining he and Elaine's lives by running away together, that's pretty depressing

Until somebody responded to the review of the film I wrote on my review thread, I had no idea The Wolf of Wall Street was supposed to be a comedy.
Haha, how much did your review change after thinking of it as a comedy?

I love The Holy Grail and Shaun of the Dead. If you like Shaun of the Dead I think you'd really like Hot Fuzz(Pegg and Frost are cops) and The World's End.

My favorite comedies of recent years are Horrible Bosses, Zombieland, Birdman, Seven Psychopaths & Tropic Thunder
I agree, Horrible Bosses is hilarious, and incredibly underrated.

Now that I think of it, it was pretty hilarious.

Surely it being funny and being a comedy are not one in the same? I've no idea of if is or not, but I never got that from the trailers or anything.

There again, as the OP included Dr. Strangelove all bets are off.

Surely it being funny and being a comedy are not one in the same? I've no idea of if is or not, but I never got that from the trailers or anything.

There again, as the OP included Dr. Strangelove all bets are off.
Would you consider movies like The Room or Birdemic: Shock and Terror to be comedies, they were intended to be serious, but are ****ing hilarious