Game of Thrones: Season 8, The Final Season (spoilers)

Tools    

People just love to hate.
That may sometimes be true. But while I don’t “hate” I do “dislike” the turn for this new season. But I guess there’s no stopping it now. At least they can still do action well. So I look forward to more of that in the fight for King’s Landing and the iron throne. That will be it’s only saving grace unless the season takes a wild turn which I very much doubt now when being 4 episodes in and the feel of it is the same.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I actually feel bad for Dany. She has become a bit of a tragic character who has nearly lost everything, her love, her claim to throne, her friends Jorah and Missandei, being forced to watch them die, 2 of her "children", now her advisers are plotting against her, Sansa quite unfairly imo seems to be totally against her despite Dany literally saving them all. Sansa = LF 2.0.

I hope she can come back from the brink of Mad Queen, GOT has been good at making us think its gonna go one way then it doesn't. I felt bad for her sat at the celebration effectively an alien, all alone.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, Dany's story is tragic which makes her fall so much more heartbreaking for me. I want her to break out of what she's been forced to do most of her life with her brother, and I respect her sentiments for freeing slaves and punishing those that hold corrupt power. At the same time she's always flirting with a thin line between noble actions and projecting quite a bit of her pain onto others while calling it justice.

I feel that she will go mad. There were a few lovely scenes showing the cracks in her calm and sort of rational presence this last episode. Now that her more rational counterweight (Ser Jorah) is gone and Tyrion tempting his own fate even just speaking with Varys, what's to keep her grounded from this point forward? I feel like we'll have an Obi Wan vs Anakin on Mustafar moment before it's all over with. I kind of feel like she will recognize it in herself though and become some form of sacrificial martyr for the greater good. I hope.

Depending on how they play this out, it might actually provide another perspective into the Mad King's motives. I mean, Dany actually means well I believe. But taking one betrayal after another starting with her brother and now Jon (perceived)? Add to that this desperate faith that she was chosen for some delusional path only to see pieces of it all start to fall away has got to take a toll on one's sanity. I don't expect it at all, but it would be nice to bring something of this all full circle to the Mad King.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When the DOP was asked about the Starbucks coffee cup in the episode, he responded with: "I knew it was there because I shot it.”

Saw that comment on Reddit, had a good laugh.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah, Dany's story is tragic which makes her fall so much more heartbreaking for me. I want her to break out of what she's been forced to do most of her life with her brother, and I respect her sentiments for freeing slaves and punishing those that hold corrupt power. At the same time she's always flirting with a thin line between noble actions and projecting quite a bit of her pain onto others while calling it justice.

I feel that she will go mad. There were a few lovely scenes showing the cracks in her calm and sort of rational presence this last episode. Now that her more rational counterweight (Ser Jorah) is gone and Tyrion tempting his own fate even just speaking with Varys, what's to keep her grounded from this point forward? I feel like we'll have an Obi Wan vs Anakin on Mustafar moment before it's all over with. I kind of feel like she will recognize it in herself though and become some form of sacrificial martyr for the greater good. I hope.

Depending on how they play this out, it might actually provide another perspective into the Mad King's motives. I mean, Dany actually means well I believe. But taking one betrayal after another starting with her brother and now Jon (perceived)? Add to that this desperate faith that she was chosen for some delusional path only to see pieces of it all start to fall away has got to take a toll on one's sanity. I don't expect it at all, but it would be nice to bring something of this all full circle to the Mad King.
It was a hell of a tough watch ep 4. I think I would rather see Cersei defeat everyone and remain Queen that see Dany go full bad and mad and need to be taken out.

**** knows, I hope the last episodes leak and I can end the torture now!

It was a hell of a tough watch ep 4. I think I would rather see Cersei defeat everyone and remain Queen that see Dany go full bad and mad and need to be taken out.

**** knows, I hope the last episodes leak and I can end the torture now!
I dunno. I always thought the books were making Dany head the Mad Queen way, and we've seen glimpses of it in the show. It's not so far out there to have her be the Mad Queen.

Loved The Hound in this last episode. Laughed out loud at Tormund using him as a shoulder to cry on. MISTER SENSITIVE HIMSELF.

Excellent brief scene with him and Sansa, perhaps a bt of fan service for the book readers who need that little acknowledgement...and YAAAAS he and Arya going off together on their respective suicide missions.

I dunno. I always thought the books were making Dany head the Mad Queen way, and we've seen glimpses of it in the show. It's not so far out there to have her be the Mad Queen.
She's done so much good but yes there have been glimpses, they've done a lot in the last ep to see her go off the deep end, but will she?

The scene I'm looking forward to more than any other next week is Tyrion having one last go at her to bring her back from the edge, assuming such a scene happens.

Loved The Hound in this last episode. Laughed out loud at Tormund using him as a shoulder to cry on. MISTER SENSITIVE HIMSELF.

Excellent brief scene with him and Sansa, perhaps a bt of fan service for the book readers who need that little acknowledgement...and YAAAAS he and Arya going off together on their respective suicide missions.
The frustrating part about Arya and Hound is why haven't they told anyone their plan or faceless capability? Has she even said bye to Sansa and Bran, Gendry even or is stuff happening off camera?

The frustrating part about Arya and Hound is why haven't they told anyone their plan or faceless capability? Has she even said bye to Sansa and Bran, Gendry even or is stuff happening off camera?
I think she may have just sneaked off. That's what I would have done. Her family would probably have tried to get her to stay, like Brienne did Jaime. , and she seems like the type to have a tough time with goodbyes. I'd wager she just left....but I don't think it's important to see whether she said goodbye or not.

She's done so much good but yes there have been glimpses, they've done a lot in the last ep to see her go off the deep end, but will she?

The scene I'm looking forward to more than any other next week is Tyrion having one last go at her to bring her back from the edge, assuming such a scene happens.
I'm betting she will lose her **** - she's already showing big ole tyrant characteristics. I'm pretty positive she's going to die. The prophecy she got said she would be betrayed 3 times. Once for blood, once for gold, once for love. She's had 2 betrayals. 1 more coming up...

I'm betting she will lose her **** - she's already showing big ole tyrant characteristics. I'm pretty positive she's going to die. The prophecy she got said she would be betrayed 3 times. Once for blood, once for gold, once for love. She's had 2 betrayals. 1 more coming up...
I'm betting that GOT is trying to make us believe so hard that she'll go mad that the opposite will happen and she'll pull back at the last minute. If she was really gonna go mad it wouldn't be so obvious, who the hell knows at this point. Let the torture end!

I'm betting that GOT is trying to make us believe so hard that she'll go mad that the opposite will happen and she'll pull back at the last minute. If she was really gonna go mad it wouldn't be so obvious, who the hell knows at this point. Let the torture end!
She's always been one of my least favourite characters (and her POVs are the longest in the entire book series...ugh!) so I kind of don't care what happens to her. Love her dragons though.

*Dragon

Yeah, she's not that great at keeping her advantage...
It's just tiresome writing that we see again and again in films and TV to make the heroes position more desperate than it should be, just like ep3, BoB etc, ROTK, deus ex ghost army saved the day.

They've been stretching the limits of believability with Cersei's strong position for 2 seasons, super Euron always turns up in the right place to throw a spanner in the works.

One day we might get a movie or TV show where an even final battle is decided by superior generalship/tactics.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
hahahaah this thread. I literally grabbed my mouth to keep from lol'ing here at work after that ice cream cone spill. Oh, and the *dragon correction ;P

lol.

It's just tiresome writing that we see again and again in films and TV to make the heroes position more desperate than it should be, just like ep3, BoB etc, ROTK, deus ex ghost army saved the day.

They've been stretching the limits of believability with Cersei's strong position for 2 seasons, super Euron always turns up in the right place to throw a spanner in the works.

One day we might get a movie or TV show where an even final battle is decided by superior generalship/tactics.
Oh god I HATE Euron. In the books (for me) the only Greyjoy worth anything was Asha (Yara in the show...which BY THE WAY was a completely dumb decision to rename her...because they thought people would get confused between her and Osha. ). I almost zoned out when Victarion was whining on...

Show-Euron is kind of cartoonish. And easily played by Cersei. She may still pay for that...