Back to The Future Trilogy

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I love all the Back to the Future films, probably number 2 is my favourite
Are you serious? Man...I could barely get through it last time I watched it....

To each his own, I guess.....

I have always liked the second one way more than the third. It's not that I think the third stinks, it's just that I couldn't get into the silly western side of it. Just too silly for my taste.

I like them best in the order they came out.

...but to be honest...I could go the rest of my life never seeing any of them ever again and feel just fine and dandy about it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I have always liked the second one way more than the third. It's not that I think the third stinks, it's just that I couldn't get into the silly western side of it. Just too silly for my taste.

I like them best in the order they came out.

...but to be honest...I could go the rest of my life never seeing any of them ever again and feel just fine and dandy about it.
I would have agreed with you a while back, until I recently re-watched them. Two was just too damn campy, and I felt they got away from what was great about the characters. As for the third one, I had remembered it being the worst, but, after many years have gone by, it just seems to hold up better than II. They expand on the Doc Brown character (which is a great character, btw) and the comedy is way lessed forced....

It was weird, during the first film, I felt that excitment I remembered from watching Back to the Future back when it came out. Also, the dual predicament they set up is ingenious. Once I got to the second one, I just lost interest almost immediately, as the film just didn't have the same excitement and rhythm to keep us interested (us being the people who were watching the film along with me).

So we finished that film and not many of us felt the need to put Part III in, as we all had sort of remembered it not being good. Alas, after fifteen minutes we were all beck into it. It's paced way better, and as I mentioned before, the comedy had us rolling. At the climax of the film, we all seemed to actually care what happened to Doc Brown, and when it was over, we all were commenting on how much better it was than we remembered it.

The western stuff didn;t seem goofy to me, Marty aside. I loved 'ol inventor Doc Brown making rifle scopes and ice machines back in the old west, and the Clint Eastwood jokes are hilarious....

To each his own, though...-

Having just watched the trilogy over the last few days my ratings for the films are as follows:

Part 1: 10
Part 2: 8
Part 3: 8.5

Still up there in my opinion of the greatest trilogies ever made and one of greatest music scores ever written. If the Back to the Future theme music does not send chills up your spin or make the hairs stand up on your arms that's your fault, not the films.

I just watched them too. It had been a long time since I had seen them. They are so irresistibly fun. I love them. I love the characters. I was sad when they were over, I wanted more. I think the first is the most well-paced, the second is the most fun, and the third is a solid conclusion. They are all about equal to me. I gave them each a
, but that may go up in time. They are growing on me the more I think about them.

Kinda funny the BTTF films...

Several scenes of attempted murder (all of which are realistic in tone), actual murder, swearing, underage drinking, relatively realistic violence, a hanging scene and incest...

Rated PG in Britain...

Love them though. Great trilogy.

Several scenes of attempted murder (all of which are realistic in tone), actual murder, swearing, underage drinking, relatively realistic violence, a hanging scene and incest...

Rated PG in Britain...

Love them though. Great trilogy.
Yeah, I was surprised by the swear words in them. They would never curse so heavily if it was made now.

As for the incest, it's kind of weird, but... technically, nothing happens.

An almost-rape scene.

Which, yeah, I still thought was pretty heavy.

It's still pretty heavy () if you think about what's actually contained in the films yet they garner such a low rating.

If they were made today they'd be a 15, but because they've been out for 30 years they get bumped down.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sounds like Gone With the Wind and James Dean & Douglas Sirk flicks.

Having not watched the films on DVD in some time and mostly on ITV here in the UK. (almost every week during the winter months) I was genuinely shocked by the amount of swearing in the film. I don't have a problem with swearing as such but I don't think the film suffered for it being cut out.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Oh... and a rape scene too...

Still rated PG though
Oh how times have changed. I seem to remember "Sixteen Candles" having a shower scene while flying the PG banner.

I am really surprised by how much love BTF 3 gets. The tech items of BTF 2 and the dystopian future were all parts that I loved. Maybe it was Mary Steenburgen, I never really found the third movie all that enjoyable.

I love the BTTF trilogy. My favorite trilogy of all time. Became a member of the official fan club back in late 1989 - early 1990, created a fan club in college, now belong to the official BTTF fan club on Facebook, I am friends with Claudia Wells (Jennifer in BTTF part I) on Facebook and instagram, bought like every version of the trilogy there was in existence on video to DVD, seen every film on the big screen, have a BTTF poster on my bedroom wall...and I even have ritual BTTF trilogy viewings with friends.