The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Not sure if I've seen Logan or not so counting it as not. Definitely not seen Midnight In Paris, not had any particular interest in Woody Allen fillums for an awful long time and certainly not interested in Owen Wilson as a lead in anything.

Seen: 45/56 (Own: 29/56)
My ballot:  

Faildictions  

I forgot to even consider Logan but it’s so good!
WARNING: spoilers below
At the end when the cross on his grave tilts to become an X
is so simple but so smart, how has nobody done that before? Now I wanna watch it again.

Midnight in Paris is upper tier Allen for sure but I’m surprised it’s as high as it is on this countdown as I thought it received a more lukewarm response when it came out.

Still holding out hope for Days of Future Past. Haven't seen either yet. Now I'm a HUGE X-Men fan. Unfortunately, I need to see more Woody Allen than I do more James Mangold, so Midnight in Paris it is for today.

By the end of the day it will be 31/56.

Logan is one of the best superhero films of the decade, which isn't particularly high praise per se since I'm not a fan of the genre overall, but it and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are among the only superhero films I actually connected to in a meaningful way. Anyways, it didn't make my ballot, but I'm still a fan of it.

I haven't seen Midnight in Paris.

Welcome to the human race...
No votes. I generally think that the X-Men franchise is a fundamentally bad one - even the alleged high points like X2 or First Class or Days of Future Past strike me as lacklustre excuses for blockbusters with no real staying power. However, I do have to concede that their existence is necessary insofar as it infuses Logan with a considerable amount of pathos that it arguably would not have if it were a standalone feature. Does this mean Logan is a bad film if you have no familiarity with the X-Men or if they never even existed in the first place? Not necessarily - it still proves a functional thriller that draws on plenty of sci-fi and Western tropes to give the titular hero a proper cinematic send-off (regardless of how much the franchise machine will contrive reasons to bring him back to undoubtedly diminishing returns). Midnight in Paris is, like virtually every Woody Allen film I've seen, really bad.

Seen both, but neither made my ballot.

I did appreciate getting a darker version of a comic book story that actually had more to it than "Look at me! So gritty! All the action is poorly lit!".

Still holding out hope for Days of Future Past.
I wouldn't if I were you. Logan is more popular than Days of Future Past.

On the other hand I could be wrong, he he.

I wouldn't if I were you. Logan is more popular than Days of Future Past.

On the other hand I could be wrong, he he.
I've seen reception for it match several of the best mcu movies, and we got a few of those early on. The Logan vs. Days match up DOES lean more towards Logan, but only in the close call sense like Super unknown vs. Badmotorfinger, not farther away like Prisoners vs. Enemy. Besides, of Spring Breakers made it, it's at least a plausible theory. So, no confirmation, but hope.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Logan is pretty well done but it didn't even enter my head when compiling my list. I wouldn't have guessed it but now it's here it's not really surprising.

I have not seen Midnight in Paris and never had any desire to see it. Slightly surprised to see it so high up, I didn't know it was this popular.

Logan's my #18

I love it when superhero movies don't shy away from proper violence and action, swearing, occasional gore etc.

Logan was a nice ending as well to his arc, especially after the rest of the X-Men movies don't seem to have much continuity between them.
It's been confirmed though that Jackman's coming back for Deadpool 3 though
Looking forward to it.

1: Ex Machina (2015) - 49th
2: Bloody well better had do
3: 100%
4: Bloody well better had do
5: Joker (2019) - 60th
6: 100%
7: Prisoners (2013) - 69th
8: 100%
9: The Shape of Water (2017) - 52nd
10: 100%
11: Shutter Island (2010) - 76th
12: 100%
13: Hopefully
14: Hopefully
15: Hopefully
16: Deadpool (2016) - 85th
17: Maybe
18: Logan (2017) - 46th
19: Probably
20: Avengers: Endgame (2019) - 79th
21: The Martian (2015) - 82nd

22: 100%
23: 100%
24: Maybe
25: Probably not

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Haven't seen Logan.

I'm not big on Allen but Midnight in Paris is fine.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I had Logan at #13. One of the better comic book adaptations (and also better than any MCU film of this decade). I'd remember it had some issues (I didn't rewatch it for the countdown), but what film doesn't?

At this point, I'm officially getting worried that my #1 won't make it.

Seen: 25/56

My ballot (this far)  

How can I not like Hugh Jackman playing a jacked up Freddy Krueger, but like most superhero movies it feels like it goes on too long.

Midnight in Paris wasn't even on my radar to watch as I didn't know it was that popular.

Patrick Stewart was at the screening of Logan I saw and afterward he told this lovely story about the first time he saw the movie, sitting in the back row next to Hugh Jackman, both of them crying and holding hands. Adorable! Nevertheless, while it's a fine movie, no vote from me.

I have not seen Midnight in Paris.

Victim of The Night
I've seen reception for it match several of the best mcu movies, and we got a few of those early on. The Logan vs. Days match up DOES lean more towards Logan, but only in the close call sense like Super unknown vs. Badmotorfinger, not farther away like Prisoners vs. Enemy. Besides, of Spring Breakers made it, it's at least a plausible theory. So, no confirmation, but hope.
Logan is twice as good, easily, as DoFP which is a mixed bag at best. (Though Logan was not in consideration for my list, personally.)