MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Good game Clowns. Still plenty of time left, but unless Burrows and Diggs both go off for 40 points each, it’s too much of a deficit to come back from.
You have a really good team, as usual.
On to next week!

Gabe Davis
Week 6 gets 1.60 fp
Week 7 gets 1.10 fp
Week 8 gets 19.20 fp on my bench
Week 9 gets 0 fp Not on my bench

He has the highest fp total of all the WRs on my team. Amari Coopers equally inconsistent . Other than Mahomes, Pacheco, and Henry my team is a bunch of George Kittles. It's painful. I completely understand why Spaulding would have consistent steady upper middle class earners rather than splashy stars.

A system of cells interlinked
Blimey - my team did pretty much what I expected, which was a big ol' stack of NOTHING this week. That said, in some bizarre alignment of Angry Fantasy God constellations, it looks like I will still pull off a win, as my opponents team did even worse. I have a slight lead, and it's Austin Eckler vs. Giants DEF in tonight's game.

I am so glad I was out of the country for these past two weeks of Fantasy Football. Would have hated to go through the agony of my low, low scores in real time.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Not good.

Plain and simple, my team cannot score points. Way under a hundred. Again. The only reason I didn't totally bottom out is because the Las Vegas DEF that I scooped up off of the waiver wire manhandled the hapless NY Giants for 19.00 Fantasy points. But I still finished 15½ shy of the hundred mark and 33½ points behind my opponent. Not. Even. Competitive.

Tua Tagovailoa has put up some monster numbers this season. But there is a pattern. He puts up gaudy numbers against teams with losing records and struggles mightily against the good teams. Philly, Buffalo, and now Kansas City have made him look very mortal. Had I identified that pattern before this week I may have considered benching him, but I was hoping for a good ol' fashioned shoot out with Mahomes. That did not happen. The Dolphins lost and Tua managed only 14.42 points. My backup, Baker Mayfield, had a better day on my bench with 23.00. I take some solace in that playing Mayfield wouldn't have changed the outcome. I still would have lost.

Other than Tua's 14 points, which were well shy of his projection and not in the same galaxy as his ceiling, I only had two other double-digit scores from my players. Michael Pittman had eight catches but no scores in Indy's win at Carolina for 10.40 points and my other Colt, kicker Matt Gay, netted 11.00. That was it. Wide outs Terry McLaurin (9.80) and Rashid Shaheed (3.70) did little in Washington D.C. or New Orleans' wins and my RBs got nothing going with Breece Hall held to 8.00 by The Chargers while Darrell Henderson a non-factor with 4.45 in the stomping of the Rams by Green Bay. And of course my TE Arizona's Trey McBride only a 3.70 in the shut out by Cleveland.

Now that Kirk Cousins is out for the season will Justin Jefferson even suit up to play once he comes off of the injury report, though maybe the stunning performance Josh Dobbs pulled out of his hat this week will convince him there are balls to be caught? Miami is looking weak and streaky, will De'Von Achane make a difference even if he is healthy?

Things look bleak, My Friends. Three losses in a row knock me down to 4-5 in eighth place. I am bleeding out with nary a bandage in sight, much less a transfusion. At 4-5 I have the same record as the real life Colts, Commanders, Raiders, and Falcons. Any of those seem like playoff teams? Neither does mine.

Teensy weensy bit of hope on my end, my point total is like 5th or something so if I can get near the bubble I'd probably be able to tiebreak my way in. It looks like I might get Montgomery back, and maybe even Conner, which would leave me with crazy RB depth all of a sudden.

I'd actually be fairly confident in making it if I'd squeezed out even one more win to this point.

Teensy weensy bit of hope on my end, my point total is like 5th or something so if I can get near the bubble I'd probably be able to tiebreak my way in. It looks like I might get Montgomery back, and maybe even Conner, which would leave me with crazy RB depth all of a sudden.

I'd actually be fairly confident in making it if I'd squeezed out even one more win to this point.

Brother if you pulled it off it would be the hugest comeback Ever in all of our fantasy leagues. Seriously, and good luck

Yeah, that's my silver lining version of this season, I've always wanted to pull out a great run in the midst of a disaster season, so at least the first step's done.

I on the other hand am that floater that no matter how many times you flush, just won't go down the hopper. 5th place. Ahead of Wyld and Justin. It's just criminal really.

Week 10

North Dallas TONGO vs Censored Clowns ( or King Kong vs Pennywise, idk)

I will be without Mahomes, Pacheco, and Rice. Josh Downs is down. So instead subbing in Russell "I don't want to be here" Wilson, the maddening duo of Amari Cooper & Gabe Davis, and Najee "Dont take my job" Harris.

Yahoo has the odds at Spaulding with a 63% chance to win, and I can't argue. The thing the Clowns have to worry about is the toxic cloud which emanates from my team each week making my opponents score their season lows. Magic?! Luck?! Contagious suck?! I dont know.

If I win without the "TONGO curse" being a factor, then I may be legitimate. If I lose, I can accept that. If I win thru weirdness, then I'll be right along with the rest of you hating my team which doesnt deserve to be there.
Why? Because...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mty0eoQ7Fu1qbgi86o6_250.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	95993  

Yeah, that's my silver lining version of this season, I've always wanted to pull out a great run in the midst of a disaster season, so at least the first step's done.
Don't want!

The trick is not minding
Wasn’t surprised I lost. Clowns has a very good team, after all.
I get a favorable matchup with Parrotheads this week, since his top two WR are on byes, and I can switch Mostert with White, who finally seems to be coming around.

Wasn’t surprised I lost. Clowns has a very good team, after all.
Eh, you had the 4th-highest total of the week. Not horrendous luck, but bad luck, for sure.

Schedule is massive. I started 2-5 and compared myself week-by-week to one of the top teams over the same time period, and with the exact same scores, but their schedule instead of mine, I would've been 5-2.

The weekly matchup aspect of fantasy continues to be one of the silliest things about it. I can honestly say I've never heard a good defense of it. I think the only defense possible is just that more randomness is good, which isn't an argument I really understand but isn't one I can technically argue with much, since lots of good games benefit from some amount of randomness and there's no clear line between how much is too much, and how much is reasonable.

Yeah, randomness and being able to get like, live bodies that play entire games is extremely challenging as some of you are well aware. And in competitive leagues like this one you'll have to throw a lot of darts at the waiver wire to fill holes. Darts is a hard game to.

If you sort FA RB by attempts Chubb is still 10th, by yards 2nd. To say it’s a graveyard doesn’t even begin to describe it. Ugh, sick of getting doughnuts from multiple skill players every damn week.

The weekly matchup aspect of fantasy continues to be one of the silliest things about it. I can honestly say I've never heard a good defense of it. I think the only defense possible is just that more randomness is good, which isn't an argument I really understand but isn't one I can technically argue with much, since lots of good games benefit from some amount of randomness and there's no clear line between how much is too much, and how much is reasonable.
You once suggested a new format where instead of head-to-head match-ups, wins and losses are determined by whether a team is a top-half scorer each week. So out of curiosity I combed through the previous nine weeks, awarding wins to the top six scorers each week and losses to those in the bottom six. Here's how the standings would currently look under that format:

1.) Wylde Wolves: 7-2
2.) Censored Clowns: 7-2
3.) Parrotheads: 6-3
4.) WhentheLe'VeonBreaks: 5-4
5.) Return of the Dark Decade: 5-4
6.) LOVE Brokers: 5-4
7.) 11 Angry Men: 4-5
8.) Bustin' Justin's Bad Boys: 4-5
9.) North Dallas TONGO: 4-5
10.) Titletown Champs: 4-5
11.) Wide Right: 2-7
12.) All Tuckered Out: 1-8

@Sedai and @seanc are the two who have benefitted the most from an easy schedule this season, whereas @Wyldesyde19 and @Hey Fredrick have been the unluckiest with their schedules.