What would you say was the best Television Series turned into a movie??

Tools    

so from like the batman / spiderman cartoons turned into movies .. or vise versa?? movies turned into series?? what do you think?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Movies turned into Series there is only one: Buffy.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
Some I like:

Serenity - From the series Firefly.

Star Trek

The Fugitive

The X-Files
(not the second film, which was pants)

As for Movies turned into series I like, there is only one, which I still consider to be one of the best shows to ever air on television:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Some I like:The X-Files (not the second film, which was pants)
Sedai said pants!

Buffy gets my vote as movie turned into television series

Star Trek (I like em' all)

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad
(great TV series, decent first movie)

Logan's Run
(great movie, silly but fun short lived TV series)

Planet of the Apes (never seen the TV series, but I absolutely love the original five films)

Das Boot (brilliant film was originally shown as a German TV miniseries)

I would think that Spiderman or Batman would be movies adapted from the comic book, as they came first.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Has Addicted Dvd Sydrom - ADS
Serenity was a good movie ... Buffy ... Lilo And stitch

(Which then became a series)

Then there's this series to movie - which was a big disappointment. Maybe Tim and Eric Awesome Film Great Job will be better.

Personally I think TSCC is a great series, which came from The Terminator films.

Movies turned into Series there is only one: Buffy.
Love the Buffy series... but I'd have to add M.A.S.H. to the list as one of the best TV Series based on a movie...

As for TV series turned into a movie... I'd have to go with Star Trek ... and wasn't Traffic based on a TV miniseries?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Love the Buffy series... but I'd have to add M.A.S.H. to the list as one of the best TV Series based on a movie...

As for TV series turned into a movie... I'd have to go with Star Trek ... and wasn't Traffic based on a TV miniseries?
i agree with all of that .. but i would have to say star trek is probably my pic right now

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Buffy gets my vote as movie turned into television series
Yeah. THe movie was funny though and all of the light hearted nods to itself knowing that it's a silly campy vampire flick were completely lost with the series as it laughably tried to take the material seriously.

Big mistake. I enjoy the movie. The TV show makes me cringe.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
As far as TV shows turned into movies probably "Police Squad" which was turned into The Naked Gun series.

I would also say "Twin Peaks" but I haven't seen the show only Walk Fire With Me, but I'm sure I'd love it.

SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER AND UNCUT
1999, Trey Parker
actually this is probably one of the best!! have you also seen the hour and a half "south park : Imaginationland trilogy" ???