Favorite TV series

Tools    

Definitely Six Feet Under. Funny, serious, broad, realistic, whacky, insane... and I don't know how much I cried with it. It had its ups and downs, but at its lowest, it was awesome.

The Sopranos is probably the greatest TV show that I have ever seen, but when it come to my pure love for the shows and the world that exists within them then I have to clear favourites that not everyone will agree with... LOST and Twin Peaks.

Dexter is good and I still love it to a degree, but after the fourth season it gets worse and I am not liking the current season. Homeland is good but the second season got a bit too ridiculous

Boardwalk Empire is another show like The Sopranos that as a technical achievement is almost flawless, a really great show but it feels like I haven't watched it in years.

Then there's two British comedies that I love, Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses, the latter I watch all of the time. I also enjoyed Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes (although less than its predecessor) when they were on, but I haven't watched them in a while so can't remember much and will eventually watch them all again.

I've only seen one season of Deadwood, but that was brilliant, going to watch the other two eventually as I have them on DVD. I've got the complete series of The Wire on DVD too to watch eventually. And I have also got the two seasons of the British version of The Office on DVD.

The Inbetweeners is a good British comedy as well, American one looks terrible. And I liked Misfits, a lesser known British show although I kind of lost a bit of interest after a couple of seasons. My favourite comedy is probably It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, that's hilarious.

^^have you watched Spaced? Or Alan Partridge?

If not i'd certainly recommend giving both a go.
Neither. Spaced has always looked interesting because I like both Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead and it seems like the time of 'British comedy' that I would like.

Alan Partridge I need to watch too, a lot of people seem to love him. I've seen bits and bobs that have been funny, and actually I was speaking to my uncle last night who said that I need to watch it all, he loves it

Unregistered User
Neither. Spaced has always looked interesting because I like both Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead and it seems like the time of 'British comedy' that I would like.

Alan Partridge I need to watch too, a lot of people seem to love him. I've seen bits and bobs that have been funny, and actually I was speaking to my uncle last night who said that I need to watch it all, he loves it
I think you'd like them both. Coogan is hilarious as Partridge.

1. The Simpsons
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Office (US)
4. Fresh Prince of Bel Air
5. The Colbert Report

Honorable mention:
6. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (why not watch both, right?)
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

M*A*S*H
Magnum PI
NCIS
The Shield
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Vintage The Simpsons

Breaking Bad
Dexter
Doctor Who

Drama:

1. Six Feet Under
2. The Wire
3. Lost
4. Breaking Bad
5. Game of Thrones

Comedy:
1. Community
2. Arrested Development
3. American Dad
4. Malcolm in the Middle
5. Undeclared

Drama:

1. Six Feet Under
Thank you, was starting to feel a bit lonely with that one.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
No love for Louie? I don't think there's a more constantly interesting and inventive show out there now. It's sometimes crude, and sometimes really rather off, but when its good, the show is actually pretty brilliant. Most interestingly though, it doesn't feel like any other show on TV. It's a half hour comedy that doesn't have a hint of sitcom except for one mocking episode. It doesn't have a consistent structure like many dramas, and it doesn't have a complex plot. What it does have is a feeling of being like a collection of short films, with its loose structure really perfect for surprises. Some characters are recurring, sometimes in different roles. Louie has a seemingly endless number of siblings, a mother who he's also dated, and a niece that was thrust upon him indefinitely who was never seen again. It avoids many of the trappings of traditional TV comedy, and is the most genuinely surprising show on the air right now.

I would probably add Spongebob and the animated Batman in there!

A system of cells interlinked
Moving this to the proper forum, which is, you guessed it: The Television and Music Forum.

In the future, please take a minute to create your threads in the proper place. Thanks!

Also, pretty sure this thread already exists.

Thank you, was starting to feel a bit lonely with that one.
you're not alone,SFU is great