No, this Top 10 Directors List is not brilliant but...

Tools    

I had Black Swan on my top films list, and the reaction from other MoFos wasn't good at all. I don't get why, in contrast to let's say The Wrestler, it is hated whenever it is brought up. Sure, it has disturbing content and not very conventional but that's a trademark of every one of Aronosfky's films. The cinematography is gorgeous, direction bold and daring, and ballet and Aronosfky really work well together along with wrestling. Maybe it's just his magic that makes everything compatible?
I also love Black Swan. It's my personal favorite Aronofsky film so far (haven't seen The Wrestler or The Fountain yet, though). It was a candidate for my Top 101 list actually.
It's my youngest sister's favorite movie (except for A Clockwork Orange perhaps)!

A system of cells interlinked
I love Aronofsky. Not a big Burton fan, but the guy is an amazing and unique art director, that is for sure. I don't think he handles actors anywhere near as well, sadly. Also, injecting daddy issues into everything eventually got really old...

I've been surprised (and disappointed) by how small Aronofsky's fan base is around here. Personally, I think he's one of the boldest, most exciting directors of this generation. Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler and Black Swan would all make my top 50. Pi continues to grow on me with every re-watch; it's basically Aronofsky's Eraserhead. The Fountain and Noah were disappointments, but I'm willing to give them another go at some point.

Here's how I rate/rank his filmography:

Requiem for a Dream

Black Swan

The Wrestler

Pi

The Fountain

Noah

Pi continues to grow on me with every re-watch; it's basically Aronofsky's Eraserhead.
Pi was always something I'd wanted to see. Ever since it's release. I remember a lot of hype around that film, as the US independent scene was just starting to really flourish. Don't think I'll bother now.

Pi was always something I'd wanted to see. Ever since it's release. I remember a lot of hype around that film, as the US independent scene was just starting to really flourish. Don't think I'll bother now.
You'd hate it anyway.

You're better off just eating pie and watching Charlie's Angels.

Only seen 3 from Aronofsky so far-

The Wrestler

Requiem for a Dream

Black Swan

I very much respect Tim Burton's work, but I'm not especially a fan.

Master of My Domain
8. Sergio Leone

This legendary director, unlike others, was with me during my childhood. My father was an avid Western fan and he liked to show me some of his favorites, a lot of them being Leone Spaghetti Westerns. After watching them we would often have fictional gunfights, which was a hell lot of fun, until Mom put a stop to it quick.

Leone's first Western, A Fistful of Dollars, was groundbreaking when it first came out. It invented a whole new style, and basically has every Western cliche in it's unfortunately too short 99 min for a good film, but on the other hand it has the effect of a fast-paced story. The cliches don't matter because, well, they are invented as the story progresses.

For a Few Dollars More was just mediocre in terms of Leone quality. It is the middle chapter of a trilogy (which I always find to be the weakest) and nothing was added to the development of style. Probably my least favorite Leone film, but still it's totally awesome.

My favorite is the final film of the "Dollars" trilogy, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I know, I know, y'all think it's crap and the music is the only perk and blah blah blah, but I don't care, I love it. It doesn't take itself seriously as the others and can feel like a drop in quality but the atmosphere and feel it has is capital B badass. The last famous 10 minutes (or I should say infamous) are one of the most tense moments in cinema history.

Once Upon A Time in the West, the film the majority think is the ultimate Western and Leone film instead of TGTBTU, is the greatest masterpiece, I certainly agree on that. All the experience, wisdom Leone has made over the years is poured into one, giant Western epic. In fact, it kind of feels like a Kurosawa film. Too make that feel with a Western, not to mention Spaghetti, is truly amazing. I just like TGTBTU better because I personally like it better, but from a non-biased and analytic critic's view, Once Upon a Time is better.

Once Upon a Time in America, Leone's final film, brings the West to the streets of New York. Once again I become the minority on things one paragraph later, because I prefer this film over The Godfather as the ultimate gangster movie. Way more entertaining to watch and enjoy overall.

How I rank his films

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Once Upon a Time in America

Once Upon a Time in the West

A Fistful of Dollars

For a Few Dollars More

My favorite is the final film of the "Dollars" trilogy, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.I know, I know, y'all think it's crap and the music is the only perk and blah blah blah
What universe are you living in?

Is this my top ten or your top ten? So far I can't tell much difference.

Here's how I rank/rate Leone's filmography:

Once Upon a Time in the West

For a Few Dollars More

Once Upon a Time in America

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

A Fistful of Dollars

Duck, You Sucker!

My only complaint is that he didn't make enough films.

Great list so far Gatsby, looking forward to more! I like all the directors you have posted, though they all have made films I have been disappointed with.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I didn't like Requiem or Pi, but The Wrestler was pretty good..

It's been a decade since I saw anything by Leone, but I remember liking the "Man With No Name" series..