Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Last year at Marienbad

Don't know much about this, but heard it's a classic mindbender. Might as well give it a shot.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You know what I think about Fellini, but Last year at Marienbad is one of my favs of all time! Enjoy it!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Need some more feedback on what to watch.

Possibilities:

Goodfellas
A Cat in Paris
The Apartment
Human Centipede
Mary and Max
Jackie Brown
Hobo With A Shotgun
Ran
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Tokyo Story
Casablanca
Bronson
To Catch a Thief
Young Adult

I've not seen any of these yet. Ran and Tokyo Story are on the list only because I figure I should at some point introduce myself to the work of Ozu and Kurosawa, but I can't say I'm all that interested in them.

Unregistered User

Possibilities:

Goodfellas
A Cat in Paris
The Apartment
Human Centipede
Mary and Max
Jackie Brown
Hobo With A Shotgun
Ran
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?
Tokyo Story
Casablanca
Bronson
To Catch a Thief
Young Adult

I've not seen any of these yet. Ran and Tokyo Story are on the list only because I figure I should at some point introduce myself to the work of Ozu and Kurosawa, but I can't say I'm all that interested in them.
Goodfellas or Virginia Woolf. Both brilliant, although im yet to see A cat in Paris, The Apartment, Ran and Tokyo Story. I also think you'll like Hobo with a shotgun

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think you'd like Mary and Max a lot and A Cat in Paris too, only less so. I also think you already know what I consider the best ones.

What Mark said, and maybe try Goodfellas if you loved The Wolf of Wall Street so much.

I'm going to try and watch as many of these between now and Jan 15th that I can. I also have an exam on the 13th, bad timing Skepsis you inconsiderate man

The Princess Bride
Cinema Paradisio
Rain Man
The Untouchables
Aliens
Gandhi
Das Boot
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Tootsie
Poltergeist
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
The Blues Brothers
Chariots of Fire
The Color Purple
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Come and See
Paris, Texas
Wings of Desire
Fitzcarraldo
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Withnail and I
Stranger Than Paradise
Mystery Train
Down By Law
Pale Rider
Labyrinth
Glory
Wings of Desire

daniel, watch down by law, paris, texas, rain man, crimes and misdemeanors, and pale rider. planes, trains, and automobiles and the princess bride are great too, and ferris bueller is worth watching. cinema paradiso and stranger than paradise bored me, but they aren't bad. the untouchables is good, but a lot of people seem to hate it. mystery train and tootsie are pretty good, too.

I recommend these.
Those plus these from your list...

The Princess Bride

Rain Man
The Untouchables
Aliens
Gandhi
Das Boot
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Poltergeist
The Blues Brothers
Withnail and I

Labyrinth

Speaking of Labyrinth... add Pan's Labyrinth as well to your must watch...

I think I found the jackpot. I went to the '' big library '' which is like a big cultural center with 5 floor. It's nothing like the little library near my house. There's almost every criterion movie to rent so I picked up 6 that really interested me

For the 80's top 25

2 Billy Wilder that I couldn't find

2 movies that I was just very interesting in seing
If... (1969)

The Wages of Fear (1953)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Mystery Train
Those are my three favorites of what I've seen from that list. Be sure to watch them in time!
You'll also like Paris, Texas, knowing your love for gorgeous cinematic visuals and Ferris Bueller's Day is a wildly entertaining '80s classic that just has to be seen before submitting an '80s list.
All five of these films were contenders for my list, but not all of them are going to make it, unfortunately.

The Princess Bride, Rain Man, The Untouchables, Tootsie and Stranger Than Paradise are also solid and enjoyable films, but they didn't qualify as 'contenders' for my list.

Those plus these from your list...

The Princess Bride

Rain Man
The Untouchables
Aliens
Gandhi
Das Boot
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Poltergeist
The Blues Brothers
Withnail and I
Labyrinth

Thanks it means I have Das Boot, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, The Blues Brothers and Withnail and I to watch !

Finished here. It's been fun.

Bad Grandpa-just looking for some laughs is all.

Possibilities:

Goodfellas
Hobo With A Shotgun
Ran
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Tokyo Story
Casablanca
You loved the Wolf of Wall Street, so I say start with Goodfellas. Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe is fantastic, Casablanca and Tokyo Story are classics, and I have gone over Hobo With a Shotgun in my review thread if you want to check it out. It is A LOT of fun!

I've seen it, and it is a great film I agree These are 80s films for the list, I saw Labyrinth when I was a kid and thought it was a bit weird, but now I love weird and David Bowie so I want to revisit it

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
If it's not the tennis, then I might view That Obscure Object of Desire. We'll see.