Bird Box

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
So many A Quiet Place comparisons when the The Happening comparisons are right there.

A system of cells interlinked
I was definitely reminded of The Happening while watching, but this was clearly a step up.

WARNING: "The Happening" spoilers below
For one thing, no one ran away from the wind in this movie.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Don’t regret watching it but it is a below average film. Nicely shot though. Also...I don’t think there was one jump scare which worked well but according to rambond would make this immune from being a horror - so I have to rate it as a romance. The romance was unconvincing and contrived.

As well as the happening comparison had a few dawn of the dead vibes...the remake. Such as the car crash intro and confinement of the group scenes.

Personally I wouldn’t recommend it but not horrible.

haven't seen it but can't say im excited. Not a huge fan of the Netflix films tbh.

I love the smell of movies in the morning
am i the only one who thinks the numbers netflix claimed this got and hype around it were clearly manufactured?

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
am i the only one who thinks the numbers netflix claimed this got and hype around it were clearly manufactured?
I don’t know...seems to be a lot of people talking about, even starting a social media type challenge thing. Maybe the numbers are real and it’s a talking point but that doesn’t mean it’s any good.

I don’t know...seems to be a lot of people talking about, even starting a social media type challenge thing. Maybe the numbers are real and it’s a talking point but that doesn’t mean it’s any good.
at this point, yes there is now real discussion of it. my point is that they are the true originators of the challenge as a means of viral marketing and then lied about the numbers to make people think it was some sort of phenomenon and then watch it, see that its bad, share jokes about it, etc.

not for netflix. they are known for keeping the majority of their numbers completely hidden away so they can kinda say whatever they want and we will just have to have "faith"

...and if they were ever caught doing that it'd be incredibly harmful to them. Which could be exposed by anyone involved with their analytics. Which is a huge part of their business and obviously involves quite a few people. It's not worth it, especially since hyping their numbers figures to reduce their leverage in future negotiations.

As you say, they keep most numbers private. That's how they actually handle the non-glowing outcomes.

It's technically possible, but it's just conspiratorial speculation without evidence.

I'll admit when the cast was made public I was somewhat skeptical. But it actually turned out to be pretty decent. Nowhere near great, but I enjoyed a good portion of it. There were several differences from the book, some good and others...not so much. One of the former being that I liked the more Lovecraftian vibe the movie had. Also, unlike some, I thought the way the movie was structured was interesting. But the thing that really won me over was the relationship between Bullock's character and the kids. They were all great and Bullock actually impressed me here.

I won't go into any of the cons. I'll just say it could've been much worse...

based on the way they cast the actors for the majority of the interior of the house( a lot of bigger names, some i would say are more relevant than Bullock for a netflix audience) yet really only she was pushed in marketing with the trailer and the poster, my gut tells me the film was intended to focus more on the flashback sequences but turned out horribly and the river sequence was reshot to be a bigger portion of the movie. part of the reason the structure is so poor. also felt like a first draft script.

Boldly going.
I didn't buy into it. Navigating a river (let alone one with rapids) while blind-folded? Running through a forest while blind-folded? If would have been more plausible if they'd stuck to a trail through the forest and Sandra's character had a walking stick and used it like a blind person.

Overall I just found it dull.

Welcome to the human race...
I didn't buy into it. Navigating a river (let alone one with rapids) while blind-folded? Running through a forest while blind-folded? If would have been more plausible if they'd stuck to a trail through the forest and Sandra's character had a walking stick and used it like a blind person.

Overall I just found it dull.
It's also as plausible that there simply isn't a trail or that going on foot over land would take longer and thus leave one more susceptible to attack by the crazies or that it's easier to navigate a single river while blindfolded rather than constantly having to look at a map while on foot in order to make sure that you were headed in the right direction.