Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Totally agree, I'm a big fan of Billy Wilder and Bogart (and Holden).. I even DVR'd it, but I just deleted it.

Seemed like Bogart wasn't very comfortable in the role either.
Bogart died in January 1957 from a long time terminal illness. He might have been feeling poorly when he made this. Being paired with an ingénue at his age didn't help matters any either. He should have played the chauffeur who's Sabrina's father.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Lolita
-

Not entirely sure why it took me so long to watch this one. I found it extremely entertaining and quite funny, too. Top 6 Kubrick for me.

The Franchise (1944-2020) R.I.P.
I haven't, but I thought the 3 leads were everything in this movie. I can't imagine liking it with different actors.

I thought that Bogart was too old for his character in Sabrina. I liked Harrison Ford in that role in the remake much more.

I thought that Bogart was too old for his character in Sabrina. I liked Harrison Ford in that role in the remake much more.
I think Ford and Bogart were about the same age, and I'd say that Ford is the only member out of the latter trio that could compete with the original trio.

The Franchise (1944-2020) R.I.P.
I think Ford and Bogart were about the same age, and I'd say that Ford is the only member out of the latter trio that could compete with the original trio.

Ford and Bogart may have been about the same age, but Bogart always looked old. I just thought the chemistry was better in the remake, and I think Bogart was the reason for that.

If you get a chance to watch it, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the remake.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Death Sentence (2007)

Kevin Bacon is a successful at work and at home, but while stopping at a gas station one night, his eldest son is savagely murdered by a gang. The person who physically did it is caught, but when Bacon learns that he will only get about 3 years due to lack of evidence, he purposely develops memory loss so the guy can go free. Of course, this is only so he can exact his own bloody revenge. However, there are other gang members he has to deal with. I enjoyed this a little bit as I'm a sucker for sweet revenge, and there's some pretty decent action. I have to say though that this is probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen, from the actions of the characters, to the dialogue, the soundtrack, the lighting, and everything in between. Kevin Bacon has never been worse, and John Goodman looks awful, like a walrus who shed his tusks. Imagine a cop saying, "you went to war with the wrong dawg". Holy crap.
I appreciated how malicious the film was. Did not see the bit coming with his wife at all.

Well directed too, but not overly amazing.

Suspect's Reviews

I appreciated how malicious the film was. Did not see the bit coming with his wife at all.
I liked that about it too.

My wife made fun of it the whole way through, and afterwards blamed Swan for me showing her a lousy movie lol.

Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?

(REWATCH) Lion in Winter
well, well over half a month late for January's Featured Movie to actually watch it and I am, yet again, reminded just how much I love this movie. The quips, the constant bickering and double-dealing of the royal family. . . just a fantastic movie with a top-notch cast.

Wrinkles
Want to thank Miss Vicky for this one. Read her review on it and put in a request at my library and checked it out over the weekend. Poignant, touching, filled with laughter and tears. A very wonderful movie. Thank you, Miss Vicky

The Great Silence (1968)

-

I didn't exactly think this was a great movie, but this Western stands out in multiple ways. First off, Klaus Kinski is brilliant as the villain; the guy even looks like pure evil. Also, the movie is savage, with a brutal, surprising, and memorable ending. Great atmosphere and musical score as well. I notice a lot of Westerns set in snowy conditions have been popular around here lately. I'd also recommend Day of the Outlaw (1959).

The last movie I saw was Spotlight. A truly moving film which focuses on the cover up of sexual abuse to children by Catholic priests and the power that the Catholic church has in order to cover up this crime. It praises the Boston Globe for its uncovering of this tragedy and subsequently names the film after the investigation team who exploited the Catholic church; Spotlight.

Mark Ruffalo plays an amazing part, allowing the audience to join in with his fustration at finding out the truth and feeling his anger when yet another brick wall is met. A truly remarkable film and one which I would recommend to everyone. If not to enjoy, then to become knowledgeable about this story which happened underneath the worlds nose, abusing hundreds of children from all over the world. This film is for them.

Deadpool: A or 8.5/10

Though I personally didn't love the film, I recognize that it was very well made. The casting was perfect, the storytelling was unique and it was true to the source material, but it wasn't necessary to be familiar with the source to enjoy it.

http://cinepinions.com/

I didn't exactly think this was a great movie
I disagree, you gave it four stars!

Hey everyone! Cricket thought The Great Silence was great!

Welcome to the human race...
Flirting with Disaster -

Oh, great, another David O. Russell movie about a dysfunctional family. I'm starting to think that Three Kings was either an anomaly or ghost-written.

Dog backwards is God
Deadpool (2016?)

A movie I was really looking forward to watch. I saw deadpool for the first time 4 years ago, nobody knew him, I was kind of selfish enough to feel bad that Deadpool was going to be known by everyone. I am now glad they made this movie, it's really cool to show up this amazing character and a pretty cool adaptation, by both the crew and the actor himself.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I went to see it with my friends, I love going to the cinema. I think I didn't enjoy it that much because I knew Deadpool a lot, enough to kind of predict the jokes and some puns there were going to happen. I think this movie is great for anyone who doesn't know him. We stay until the end of credits, and I knew exactly was going to happen.
WARNING: "Deadpool End Scene or more like after the credits scene" spoilers below
Captian Deadpool appeared asking why the hell we were still watching, the same as I though

Basically, the movie was wayyy too Deadpool for me, and that's amazing, because that means the adaptation was perfect. But I just didn't enjoy a story without that much plot, the puns are there to make it more original, but I expect them so they didn't get to me that much.
WARNING: "Deadpool" spoilers below
Also the lack of "Cable"
Then again, it's a vague opinion of mine, the movie was awesome, hoping for a sequel!!

And #ShameOnTheOnesThatDidn'tStayTillTheEndOfCredits

I didn't exactly think this was a great movie, but this Western stands out in multiple ways. First off, Klaus Kinski is brilliant as the villain; the guy even looks like pure evil. Also, the movie is savage, with a brutal, surprising, and memorable ending. Great atmosphere and musical score as well. I notice a lot of Westerns set in snowy conditions have been popular around here lately. I'd also recommend Day of the Outlaw (1959).
I actually added that to my watchlist after watching this, Andre de Toth looks like an interesting director.