Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I appreciated how malicious the film was. Did not see the bit coming with his wife at all.
I liked that about it too.

My wife made fun of it the whole way through, and afterwards blamed Swan for me showing her a lousy movie lol.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

(REWATCH) Lion in Winter
well, well over half a month late for January's Featured Movie to actually watch it and I am, yet again, reminded just how much I love this movie. The quips, the constant bickering and double-dealing of the royal family. . . just a fantastic movie with a top-notch cast.

Wrinkles
Want to thank Miss Vicky for this one. Read her review on it and put in a request at my library and checked it out over the weekend. Poignant, touching, filled with laughter and tears. A very wonderful movie. Thank you, Miss Vicky

The Great Silence (1968)

-

I didn't exactly think this was a great movie, but this Western stands out in multiple ways. First off, Klaus Kinski is brilliant as the villain; the guy even looks like pure evil. Also, the movie is savage, with a brutal, surprising, and memorable ending. Great atmosphere and musical score as well. I notice a lot of Westerns set in snowy conditions have been popular around here lately. I'd also recommend Day of the Outlaw (1959).

The last movie I saw was Spotlight. A truly moving film which focuses on the cover up of sexual abuse to children by Catholic priests and the power that the Catholic church has in order to cover up this crime. It praises the Boston Globe for its uncovering of this tragedy and subsequently names the film after the investigation team who exploited the Catholic church; Spotlight.

Mark Ruffalo plays an amazing part, allowing the audience to join in with his fustration at finding out the truth and feeling his anger when yet another brick wall is met. A truly remarkable film and one which I would recommend to everyone. If not to enjoy, then to become knowledgeable about this story which happened underneath the worlds nose, abusing hundreds of children from all over the world. This film is for them.

Deadpool: A or 8.5/10

Though I personally didn't love the film, I recognize that it was very well made. The casting was perfect, the storytelling was unique and it was true to the source material, but it wasn't necessary to be familiar with the source to enjoy it.

http://cinepinions.com/

I didn't exactly think this was a great movie
I disagree, you gave it four stars!

Hey everyone! Cricket thought The Great Silence was great!

Welcome to the human race...
Flirting with Disaster -

Oh, great, another David O. Russell movie about a dysfunctional family. I'm starting to think that Three Kings was either an anomaly or ghost-written.

Deadpool (2016?)

A movie I was really looking forward to watch. I saw deadpool for the first time 4 years ago, nobody knew him, I was kind of selfish enough to feel bad that Deadpool was going to be known by everyone. I am now glad they made this movie, it's really cool to show up this amazing character and a pretty cool adaptation, by both the crew and the actor himself.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I went to see it with my friends, I love going to the cinema. I think I didn't enjoy it that much because I knew Deadpool a lot, enough to kind of predict the jokes and some puns there were going to happen. I think this movie is great for anyone who doesn't know him. We stay until the end of credits, and I knew exactly was going to happen.
WARNING: "Deadpool End Scene or more like after the credits scene" spoilers below
Captian Deadpool appeared asking why the hell we were still watching, the same as I though

Basically, the movie was wayyy too Deadpool for me, and that's amazing, because that means the adaptation was perfect. But I just didn't enjoy a story without that much plot, the puns are there to make it more original, but I expect them so they didn't get to me that much.
WARNING: "Deadpool" spoilers below
Also the lack of "Cable"
Then again, it's a vague opinion of mine, the movie was awesome, hoping for a sequel!!

And #ShameOnTheOnesThatDidn'tStayTillTheEndOfCredits

I didn't exactly think this was a great movie, but this Western stands out in multiple ways. First off, Klaus Kinski is brilliant as the villain; the guy even looks like pure evil. Also, the movie is savage, with a brutal, surprising, and memorable ending. Great atmosphere and musical score as well. I notice a lot of Westerns set in snowy conditions have been popular around here lately. I'd also recommend Day of the Outlaw (1959).
I actually added that to my watchlist after watching this, Andre de Toth looks like an interesting director.

Tell her I hate James Wan and would hate that movie probably!

Death Sentence (2007)

Kevin Bacon is a successful at work and at home, but while stopping at a gas station one night, his eldest son is savagely murdered by a gang. The person who physically did it is caught, but when Bacon learns that he will only get about 3 years due to lack of evidence, he purposely develops memory loss so the guy can go free. Of course, this is only so he can exact his own bloody revenge. However, there are other gang members he has to deal with. I enjoyed this a little bit as I'm a sucker for sweet revenge, and there's some pretty decent action. I have to say though that this is probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen, from the actions of the characters, to the dialogue, the soundtrack, the lighting, and everything in between. Kevin Bacon has never been worse, and John Goodman looks awful, like a walrus who shed his tusks. Imagine a cop saying, "you went to war with the wrong dawg". Holy crap.
Pity you didn't like it.

If you wonder how getting rep from me don't give
to Whiplash

Sorry, personally I didn't like that film much at all and find it highly overrated - but this is based purely on my subjective emotional reaction to it. Technically it's very well done - it is pretty intense, is nicely shot and edited - and at some points I really got captivated by what was going on, but in retrospect I thought it relied too much on shock value in certain scenes and was overall somewhat shallow in its treatment of the subject-matter, with jazz basically reduced to a ridiculously over-the-top sports competition. Total lack of nuance - instead we get a manipulative onslaught on our emotions and senses, and that I hate.

I am sure I would have enjoyed it way more if I had managed to detach myself from my own musical sensibilities (I love music and I love jazz) and strictly view it as your typical thriller type flick but I just could not. Too many things in the movie grated on me, too much was so over-the-top it didn't look credible. I expected more depth to the story and characters who were dull and one-dimensional. It may well be a great movie but sadly, it didn't work for me.

But Simmons was objectively awesome, can't deny that.

Death Sentence (2007)

Kevin Bacon is a successful at work and at home, but while stopping at a gas station one night, his eldest son is savagely murdered by a gang. The person who physically did it is caught, but when Bacon learns that he will only get about 3 years due to lack of evidence, he purposely develops memory loss so the guy can go free. Of course, this is only so he can exact his own bloody revenge. However, there are other gang members he has to deal with. I enjoyed this a little bit as I'm a sucker for sweet revenge, and there's some pretty decent action. I have to say though that this is probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen, from the actions of the characters, to the dialogue, the soundtrack, the lighting, and everything in between. Kevin Bacon has never been worse, and John Goodman looks awful, like a walrus who shed his tusks. Imagine a cop saying, "you went to war with the wrong dawg". Holy crap.
sorry that you didn't like it. for myself, like every James Wan flick I love it

Deadpoo- 8/10 Really nice movie !! i like until i found a quiz and it stated me is hero!! HAHAHA

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Deadpool

(Tim Miller)

"Daddy needs to express some rage."

Deadpool, aka "The Merc With A Mouth" made an appearance in Wolverine: Origins, played by Ryan Reynolds. The bits with Reynolds had him without a mask, but still the sassy attitude. He later appeared near the end, a bastardization of the character, this time played by Scott Adkins. This guy was known as Weapon XI, the next evolution of Wolverine? I'm still not sure because that film was a mess of epic proportions. The use of Deadpool in this film is a travesty and fans were obviously upset.

So how does his own stand alone feature fare?

FULL REVIEW

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Furious 7 -

A lot of eye rolling fun. They say cars don't fly multiple times in the film, yet they do fly, multiple times. James Wan was a nice addition to the franchise, gave it a bit of a different style behind the camera. Still fast, still furious.

Surprised they are making 3 more sequels though. The question is, will they be successful in the wake of Walker's death? This one was because of the curiosity behind it. Now that that is gone, where do they go?

I'll still give them a watch. It's very rare to say that the 7th installment in a franchise is one of the better ones. It's weird to say that this might be the only series where they get BETTER the more they do.

Unregistered User

Man with a Movie Camera (1929)

I didn't expect to enjoy this film anywhere near as much as I did. I had put this off for some time as a plotless Russian arthouse documentary from the 20's, which would not appeal to me in the slightest. Having watched it, it still is a (relatively) plotless Russian arthouse documentary from the 20's to me, but its also so much more. Not one for highlighting the technical aspects of a film, its difficult not to here. Aside from the fantastic score, the editing and stop-motion technique is just exceptional and never once does the movie drag.

Not bad for a plotless Russian arthouse doc from the 20s.

+