What was the worst thing about the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy?

Tools    

What is the worst thing about the Prequel Trilogy?
15.00%
6 votes
Overuse of CGI
10.00%
4 votes
Bad acting
12.50%
5 votes
The portrayal of Anakin Skywalker as annoying & whiny
12.50%
5 votes
Jar Jar Binks
2.50%
1 votes
Darth Maul wasted
5.00%
2 votes
Childish humor and bad jokes
17.50%
7 votes
The love story between Anakin & Padme
0%
0 votes
Everything having to be connected to the Originals in some way
2.50%
1 votes
Pointless characters there to make toys out of
22.50%
9 votes
Other
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Ah yes. The much hated Prequel Trilogy. After an unprecedented amount of hype, The Prequel Trilogy caused an unprecedented amount of disappointment. Among the most derided aspects of the prequel trilogy are overuse of computer generated imagery and wooden performances, among other things. What did you feel to be the worst thing about the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (1999-2005)?

Should have made this poll multiple choice.
There's a few things that Lucas didn't get right... including directing them. He should have taken a leaf out of the original trilogy's book and used other directors.

Hayden was pretty bad. The love story was the worst though, IMO. The actors had no chemistry and the dialogue was horrendous!
Can't fault ya for your opinion. That was pretty dreadful. Easily one of the worst one screen pairings I ever saw.

Master of My Domain
Jar Jar. F*cking. Binks. Quite possibly one of the worst movie characters in the last 20 years.

Great poll op, i found the movies watchable but forgettable because of the things u said 100%, jar jar binks for worst movie character ever

I thought Maul was used pretty well.
Saying he should have been more like Vader is wrong for the character.

Maul was simply hired muscle, even a bodyguard of sorts, than some sort of leader or front. The front for Palpatine's plan was Palpatine himself.
Besides, at that time the Sith were still in hiding... whereas Vader wasn't some sort of shadowy figure, striking from the shadows. Vader became the front for the Empire, the face, so-to-speak, of the oppression of the Empire while Palpatine stayed locked in his attic, peeing into mason jars.

Maul was a fighter driven by fear, anger, hate and suffering... everything Dark Side... used by Palpatine to kill, attack and throw Palpatine's enemies into array.

I'd select "Bad acting" and "The portrayal of Anakin Skywalker as annoying & whiny" both in the singular form of Hayden Christensen.

I can forgive the kid playing Anakin in the first one because kids are kids. Kids acting normally can sound like actors acting poorly. But Christensen's performance was the fault of the studio. I mean, c'mon! They saw it taking place as it was happening. It's always distracting when you have one actor among others who can't deliver a line that doesn't sound like it's read directly off a cue card... and sounds like they've never even seen the line before.

It reminds me of Sophia Coppola in Godfather III trying to act in the same room with Diane Keaton & Al Pacino.

I think Hayden was lack of options.

He was the only actor of the right age, and right height, at that time.

I think Hayden was lack of options.

He was the only actor of the right age, and right height, at that time.
Really? I mean, I've heard when they put out a casting call for teenagers of a certain age & size to be in STAR WARS, that hundreds if not thousands show up. They couldn't find someone in such a group who could deliver a line better than this guy?

(He forever killed Darth Vader for me.)

The deeper irony is that the character went from the reading-it-off-the-page sound of Christensen to the sonorous speaking voice of James Earl Jones! But I know, I know... having your arms & legs burnt off will do that to ya!

Hayden Christensen and Bad acting were the the icing on the top of this **** cake of a trilogy. Don't even get me started on "Mr. Meesa So Happy To Have Somehow been put in these movies". The CGI was the least of this trilogy's problems IMO

Other: George Lucas
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I must be the only one on Earth who actually like Hayden Christensen as Anakin. His dark character was pretty awesome in The Revenge Of The Sith

I agree with a lot of the comments here. I can't choose an answer because almost all of those listed are correct.

Darth Maul or Jar Jar might be the worst part of Phantom Menace, but they're not even really in the other two, so in the whole of the trilogy nothing was worse than the acting.