The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

yeah they can get massive if left unchecked.
I keep mine in an 6 inch deep pot on a plinth and I keep the roots cut back, and every year I trim back the branches.

I need to have a really good cut back at the end of this year tbh and get her back to looking how she was 5-6 years ago.

The thing with Acers is they can take a proper chopping up and some really nasty weather, and they always come back.

We have a Bonsai garden exhibit in my area that's really neat! I always enjoyed looking at all the different examples of different type of Bonsai. Very cool that you have the skill to do that!

It's pretty easy tbh to train a tree. Just needs a shallow pot, some string and wire, and a sharp pair of cutters.

Just taken these about 3 minutes ago... sprouting well this year
I decided to put some anchors back on to shape some more considering I'll be chopping some branches at the end of this year.

One side

Other side

I've seen Japanese red maples planted outdoors as decorative trees, and, yes , they seem to be quite hardy. No problem surviving a winter. They don't grow as tall as, say, our native red maples (Acer rubrum) , so that could be why they're good candidates for bonsai. But even a maple can't withstand weather extremes so well - I'm guessing too much ice or rain? .

I' m not as dedicated a floral caretaker as you - I do more nature walks than gardening- but enjoy seeing your little beauty very much ( as does @Citizen Rules- glad to know there's another 'tree hugger' on mofo, ). You're a good 'plant daddy' @The Rodent- and congrats to your little tree for a 10 year anniversary.

I love bonsai. I have also seen 'natural bonsai' in areas-- a mountaintop for instance- where the foliage has been pruned and shaped by the winds to create a landscape that looks like a Japanese garden. Just lovely.

Meet my cats..

<--left: Juelzy, my old movie watching buddy, he likes: The Godfather, and the Kedi documentary (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kedi_2017). He hates Straw Dogs 1971!
right--> Maui, the young one, more outdoors type, and he's a Instagram model (for real).

Melty budgie.

Poor thing always gets a raw patch on his forehead when he goes melty.
Seems to be worse every year tbh.

Like my Bonsai ^^, he's just turned 10 years old this month.

Edit:
This was a couple weeks ago.
He's got all the toys in the world, but his favourite thing is to remove the clothes peg that holds his door shut, let himself out, and talk to the clip that holds his perch in place.
Dumbass

Pretty budgie . @The Rodent. I had a green budgie when I was a girl, but never had a blue one. Very pretty bird.

Well I dunno why he's talking to the peg lol , but he IS smart enough to let hisself out of the cage .I like that he gets a taste of freedom in your home: I think maybe letting him stroll about at his own whims may be why he's lived this long.

Happy Anniversary to your bird and your tree.

Pretty budgie . @The Rodent. I had a green budgie when I was a girl, but never had a blue one. Very pretty bird.

Well I dunno why he's talking to the peg lol , but he IS smart enough to let hisself out of the cage .I like that he gets a taste of freedom in your home: I think maybe letting him stroll about at his own whims may be why he's lived this long.

Happy Anniversary to your bird and your tree.

Yeah he's pretty tame and clever too tbh.
Definitely the freedom gives them higher intelligence and longer lives.

Used to breed budgies years ago, had over 500 of the feathery little turdbags
Longest lived one we had was a Cobalt female, lived to 18 years old. She was a right mean and nasty bird as well.
Tried to get her to breed once and she ate her babies the day they hatched so we had to separate her from the other birds.

A system of cells interlinked
Someone is more and more alert every day!

Lil Stella Sedai @ two weeks old

I love pics that bring me a smile like these!!!

@cat_sidhe . You can almost feel the sun on pretty kitty's fur. I also like the way that little corner of your abode is decorated - clean and colorful ( blues and greens; my faves) with jars and a basket of fruit - perhaps it's Swedish style? Reminds me of a still life watercolor.

@ash_is_the_gal. Could there be a couple with more radiant faces?

@Sedai - hey wait a minute- are all adorable mofo babies named Stella??? Well, she's just as cute and cuddly as could be. With a stylish pink bow on that beautiful smoochable lil face.

A system of cells interlinked

@Sedai - hey wait a minute- are all adorable mofo babies named Stella??? Well, she's just as cute and cuddly as could be. With a stylish pink bow on that beautiful smoochable lil face.
Is there another baby on MoFo named Stella?

Weird is relative.
Those are all cute photos from everyone.

Here's a picture of me since I haven't posted one yet.

Is there another baby on MoFo named Stella?

My mistake Sedai- I remembered seeing an adorable new mofo baby on a previous page- what I didn't remember was that it was yours . 😳
(Scusa me )