Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Mad Max (1979) 7.5/10 Pretty good film don't know if it's as great as people say it is
The original Mad Max is okay but not great. The sequels - The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome - are much better.

Mad Max: Road Warrior 9/10 I think this is the perfect background noise movie you can just put on in the background while working/studying and every time you glance at the screen theres some awesome action moment for you to see
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

It's Alive (1974)

Fun B-movie about a killer newborn baby on the loose. There is never an explanation as to why the mother gave birth to a mutant baby, but it doesn't matter. Once it's on the loose, that's all that matters. The movie works with the baby never being completely shown but you see bits and pieces of it in the shadows. It turns out that it's really scared and reacts out of fear...well, this little sucker is scared all the time! Sharon Farrell, a fine character actress, is the mom, and actor John P. Ryan is pretty super as the put-upon dad who is trying to make sense of it all. There are some known character actors in the cast like Andrew Duggan and Michael Ansara, who appears for about two minutes as cop on one of the murder scenes and is never seen again!

But the fun is all about the baby, and his crying "WAH!" sounds like it was voiced by a 20-something adult, and provides some laughs throughout. There are photos on the internet that show what the baby looks like in full. There are two follow-ups that I really want to see after experiencing this. Good trash.

The scene below is after the birth...not afterbirth...I kid!

Unregistered User

The Passenger (1975)

Definately want to explore more Antonioni. Loved both this and Red Desert but didn't like Blow Up. Anyone care to direct me? At the minute i'm looking at L'Eclisse, La Notte, L'Avventura and seeing as they are all from the 60's that feels like the right idea. Also have Zabriskie Point there too.

Don't Make Waves (1967)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Experiment (2001) - Oliver Hirschbiegel

An all too predictable film...

6 out of 10