The Neo-noir Scavenge Hunt

Tools    

THE NEO-NOIR SCAVENGE HUNT

Sit down and pull out your files, because it's time to get knee-deep into neo-noir. To keep you all on your toes as far as our upcoming Neo-noir Countdown goes, we're gonna play a game. So here's how it will go:
  • At the start of every week (possibly Monday mornings), I'm going to post a set of five or six questions about various neo-noir films and give you all a chance to investigate.
  • Answers will be sent to me via DM with the subject "Neo-noir Scavenge Hunt".
  • DO NOT share answers on the thread. Keep it hush-hush!
  • I know Google exists, but where's the fun in that? Try to keep it honest.
  • Game will stop when we get to the countdown or when I run out of questions
  • Answers won't be revealed at the end of the week, but at the end of the game, thus giving people the chance to jump in at anytime and catch up with the films at any time.
  • Most importantly, have fun and watch some neo-noir!

So refill that glass of scotch cause it's going to be a long "night".

LEADERBOARD

1. Holden Pike = 22 points
  2. mrblond = 14 points

CASE #1

1. In Le Samouraļ, what type of bird does the main character keep at his apartment?
  2. In Chinatown, what is the name of the reservoir where the main character was found nosing around?
  3. In Blade Runner, what is Leon Kowalski's "birth" date?
  4. In Red Rock West, how much money was initially offered to the main character for "the job"?
  5. In The Man Who Wasn't There, what "new technology" was the main character offered a chance to invest?
  6. In Drive, what is the car driven by the main character in the first scene?
  7. BONUS: What is the pattern, if any, with these six questions?

Each question is worth one (1) point, except the BONUS which is worth two (2) points.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Watched a neo noir from 1984 last night called:

'The Hit'.

This is an extremely cool film directed by Stephen Frears. It’s a Brit gangster film set mostly in Spain where a gang member has relocated to, after testifying against his former fellow gang members in court. The cast include Terrence Stamp, John Hurt, a young Tim Roth, Fernando Rey and even Jim Broadbent pops up.

Stamp is quite comedic in his role as the gangster on the run from Hurt and Roth who have been tasked with finding him and taking him to France. He seems to have just accepted his fate and the result is him winding up Tim Roth’s naļve character with some amusing moments. John Hurt is fiendishly stylish as the leader of the job and snarls his way through his lines while smoking endless cigarettes with his shades and beige suite on. Meanwhile the Spanish police are on the tail of all three hoodlums and closing in. I had a fun time watching it.

No problem, but I think the preliminary thread would probably be the best place for recommendations.

I've seen all of the movies and know exactly zero of the answers, lol.

I'm sure someone more attentive will have a pretty good shot!
Rewatch them!

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I'm very satisfied with the chosen movies for CASE #1.

Aside from the claimed for classics Chinatown and Blade Runner,
Le Samouraļ, Red Rock West and The Man Who Wasn't There are highly in consideration for my ballot.
As for the Drive, I need here the suffix -er from the 70's.

Re-watching some parts now...

I'm very satisfied with the chosen movies for CASE #1.

Aside from the claimed for classics Chinatown and Blade Runner,
Le Samouraļ, Red Rock West and The Man Who Wasn't There are highly in consideration for my ballot.
As for the Drive, I need here a suffix -er from the 70's.

Re-watching some parts now...
The game is young, and there are a lot of "cases" coming up

A system of cells interlinked
I will try to participate as best I can, as I love me some neos... Just so damned busy lately, I have had very little time to watch films!

I've seen all of the movies and know exactly zero of the answers, lol.

I'm sure someone more attentive will have a pretty good shot!
I've seen three of the movies and also know zero of the answers.
And I only liked one of those three movies and am not about to rewatch the others so... I'm out for this round.

Already got one set of answers, so the leaderboard is active! Thanks for jumping in

Two entries already, so right now we have a first place and a last place

In two days, a new set of questions will come up, so don't let them pile up. Give a couple of these neo-noir films a spin and face the challenge!

CASE #2

1. In The Naked Kiss, what is the name of the girl establishment frequented by Capt. Griff and to where he sends Kelly?
  2. In Bound, what's the name of the scotch that Gino drinks?
  3. In Jackie Brown, what's the name of the gun ad show that Ordell watches?
  4. In Mulholland Drive, what's the title of the film that Adam Kesher is directing?
  5. In Mother, what is the mother's side-hustle for which she is not licensed?
  6. BONUS: What simple thing do these five films have in common?

Each question is worth one (1) point, except the BONUS which is worth two (2) points.