Your Most Controversial Film Opinions?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Goodfellas is better than any of The Godfather films.
You will find that quite a few people share this opinion on this forum.I won't sit here and claim it's technically or objectively better, but I like it more, that's for sure.

Possibly "Carnival" which is a French film. A guy gets lost in the forest only to be met by a weird community, and in particular an old man who thinks this poor man is his wife lol, and the things he puts him through. Strange people and film !

I hated "The Tree of Life," I just felt it was a pretentious piece of BS that was trying too hard to be what 2001: A Space Odyssey was.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I hated "The Tree of Life," I just felt it was a pretentious piece of BS that was trying too hard to be what 2001: A Space Odyssey was.
I had the same feeling. I think I turned it off within 15-20 minutes.

I like Goodfellas better than the Godfather, but despite the subject matter, they're very different movies, so you're comparing a dead serious drama to one that incorporates a narrator looking back at the good and bad with a lot of fondness and nostalgia. The Godfatther has virtually no humor in it whereas Goodfellas is a much more lighthearted look at some very dark stuff.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli!
Actually, I edited my post from saying "zero humor" to "virtually no humor" - I realize it did have some humorous lines / moments, but Goodfellas was practically a comedy by comparison.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
One movie I like which everyone seemed to hated when it came out was Van Helsing (2004), but I found it very entertaining.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
One movie I like which everyone seemed to hated when it came out was Van Helsing (2004), but I found it very entertaining.

I liked Van Helsing so much that I wanted to include it on my top horror movies list, but IMDB didn't tag it as "horror".

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I suppose it's because it concentrates a lot more on action than on horror. Maybe you would include it in your top action movie list?

I don't actually wear pants.
Spider-Man 2 is one of the worst movies ever made.
I found all six Lord of the Rings insufferably boring.
Meryl Streep is a terrible actress.
Marlon Brando is a mediocre actor.
The only European nation that doesn't suck at filmmaking is Great Britain. France is especially horrible, with no good movies ever.
Christopher Nolan is not a good filmmaker, and Dark Knight is decidedly mediocre.
In fact, Nolan's only good film is Prestige, and that's not that great.
The only good superhero movie is Batman '89.
South Korea makes the best films.
Thin Red Line is garbage for pretentious idiots who try to look smart.
Johnny Depp did not channel Michael Jackson in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and anyone who says it needs to stop discussing movies.
Once Upon a Time in the West is a boring slog.
Kubrick, Scorsese, Woody Allen, and Malick are terrible filmmakers.
Most non-Korean gangster films are horrible, including Godfather I and II.
Tim Burton is a great director.
Superhero movies are all the same, but with different people, and different dressings.
Bette Davis is the best actress ever.
Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Will Ferrel, Jack Black, Jerry Seinfeld, and Mike Myers are about as funny as the average garden snail.
Most stand-up comedians aren't funny.
Amy Adams is the hottest actress ever.
Graham Chapman is one of the most talented film people ever, even if Yellowbeard is mediocre.