Amazing architecture

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The Bradbury has been used in a bunch of movies, including BladeRunner, Chinatown, Wolf, Marlowe, Pay It Forward and the original D.O.A. (1950).
It's in What Women Want as well isn't it? How could you omit a classic like that?

[minus Mel Points for you ]

---

I kind of like London's new City Hall.

It's daft, and it already looks kind of retro. It's quite funky inside too...

'The pickle' is alright as well. In a giant-shiney-phallus kind of way.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Tacitus, I love the blue tiles on that church. So pretty. Your house is the only thing near it, from taht pic. Was it a rectory?
The photo was taken at a very flattering angle as there's a street of beautiful Georgian townhouses to the immediate left of the photo and my place is at the apex of two more streets.

Nope it wasn't the rectory (but as the world and his wife must know by now, I still get mistaken for the flippin' Monsignor) but it was Church land. The place itself is pretty new though, the Church sold the land to a developer and there was an old house where mine stands which was knocked down.

Here's Belfast City Hall:

Built in 1888 and not bombed too much surprisingly...

I've laughed at Goths many times while walking past.

There's also Smithfield Market, where bought many a pirate video tape.....

......and The Crown Bar, where I once met Shane MacGowan...

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
We have a Frank Gehry building here in Seattle, Experience Music Project.

Can't wait till they blow up that ridiculous looking piece of chit.

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
and no credit card needed!
oops.

history *is* moralizing
and no credit card needed!

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
yep, i always loved the Casa Batlló (with the accent especially!)
don't bust my ass for one letter, i don't even have it...( well i probably do, but i don't feel like searching for it )

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by adidasss
don't bust my ass for one letter, i don't even have it...( well i probably do, but i don't feel like searching for it )
i may like Billy Bob Thornton a lot more than i am supposed to, but i don't bust anyone's ass, okay?

We can't stop here!
I've always liked Thai architecture.

Ronchamp Church, by LeCorbusier

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by criss
Ronchamp Church, by LeCorbusier
oo very beautiful Criss . Here's a few pics from Melbourne.

Federation Square, Melbourne

Flinders Street Station, Night.

Flinders Street Station, Daytime. With Tram going by.

Those are just my two favourite places in Melboure.

Not sure if it's already been posted- the pics take an age to load on dial-up, but i saw this sweet place in Barcelona, can't remebmer what it's called though...

there's a frog in my snake oil
You had a river-n-waterfall-bridge affair? No fair!

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Not sure if it's already been posted- the pics take an age to load on dial-up, but i saw this sweet place in Barcelona, can't remebmer what it's called though...
Was it one of Gaudi's melty looking buildings? Or his spindly bulbous church mebe?

I was 16 when i went there, and was practicing my drinking, so most things look melty in my memory anyway. Occasionally twirly too.

Originally Posted by Golgot
hahaha *cough*bastard*cough*
and fantastic link man, this was exactly what i meant by amazing architecture....that dancing house is one of my favourites!! amazing...
and pyro, i think you're thinking of the Sagrada familia church...( check the first page for pictures )