Actors You Hate

Tools    

I'm sure I'll be appropriately chastised but I strongly dislike Daniel Day Lewis in nearly everything.
I hate Daniel Day Lewis.

I don't think he's the greatest ever... but I do think he is very good and love several (not all) of his movies...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Shia LeBeouf

I'm still trying to figure out his apparent appeal. Early on he was a decent side-kick, dorky kid-type, but now he's inserted into practically every summer blockbuster. When he tried his tough guy schtick in Indy IV, I didn't know whether to weep in laughter, or groan in pity. His forced awkwardness is down-right excruciating as well.

...uh the post is up there...

Banned from Hollywood.
I hate Daniel Day Lewis. Good to know there's another one out there. I thought he was on my list but, for some reason, he slipped my mind. He's the reason that I've not seen There Will Be Blood yet.

See it first, and it might change your mind

Banned from Hollywood.
Posted on the "I cant stand this actor" thread as well:

nicholas cage (i wonder how much he bribed the academy for the oscar)
julia roberts (ditto)
adam sandler (ugh)
ashton kutcher (or however his untalented name is spelt)
cameron diaz (boring) (minus Being John Malcovich)
bleeding david hasselhoff (lol)
gwyneth paltrow (monotonous as hell)
ben stiller (not funny)
whoopi goldberg (can't act)
matthew McConaughey (lmao)
ben affleck (can't act)
warren beaty (ugh)
jean claude van damme (lmao)
steven seagal (roflmao)
chuck norris (ditto)
hugh grant (pukable actor)
orlando bloom (can't act)
hayden christensen (ditto)
keanu reeves (boring and monotonous, although has shown improvement over the years) (minus Thumbsucker)
jeniffer lopez (can't act, can't sing..needs to retire and make our day)
halle berry (nice body, nice face, bad acting)
will smith (can't act)
john travolta (monotonous) (minus Pulp Fiction..but then again with such an incredible script anyone would have looked good in that movie)
winona ryder (can't stand her)
hope davis (can't stand her either)
penelope cruz (the one i can't stand the most)
ashley judd (can't act)
shelley duvall (ditto)
jude law (not enough just being a pretty face if you can't act)
brad pitt (has improved over the years but overall a boring actor) (minus Fight Club and Babel)
kirsten dunst (pretty face, bad acting)
toby maguire (how the hell did THIS become an actor?)
danny glover (can't act)
dakota fanning (over-acts in every film)
lindsey lohan (lmao)
madonna (no comment)

Posted on the "I cant stand this actor" thread as well:
gwyneth paltrow (monotonous as hell)
You mean she speaks in monotone? She certainly hasn't played roles that would lend anyone to think she's been pigeonholed into playing a 'type'.

halle berry (nice body, nice face, bad acting)
Bad acting? Have you seen Monster's Ball or Things We Lost in the Fire? I had some problems with the latter but it wasn't HB's acting. I thought she did a really good job in Gothika as well but people have a tendency to dislike movies like that one (though I personally don't understand why).

john travolta (monotonous) (minus Pulp Fiction..but then again with such an incredible script anyone would have looked good in that movie)
You've lost your damn mind with this one. Watch Blow Out or Urban Cowboy and get back to me. Those might not be 'great' films but they show that Travolta can step out of anyone's box.

ashley judd (can't act)
Again, not accounting for taste... she was awesome in Bug and i thought quite outstanding in Norma Jean & Marilyn as well.

danny glover (can't act)
Predator 2, Lethal Weapon series, The Color Purple ... all memorable in a major way due to Glover's contributions as an actor (though those roles may not be 'critically acclaimed', people love them).

Notice I took no issue with the ones that you said you didn't like. There's no accounting for taste but to say someone can't act because you don't personally like them is taking the exercise too far. Alhough a few you've labeled in this way I can make no valid argument for

Banned from Hollywood.
Yeah ok

Of course there's a difference with not liking an actor and actually admiting that he/she can act without actually liking them...trouble is i can't seem to find any.

Yeah ok

Of course there's a difference with not liking an actor and actually admiting that he/she can act without actually liking them...trouble is i can't seem to find any.

I can't stand Tom Cruise... but he can act...

Well, have you seen any of those films I linked for you?

As for Travolta,
wasn't a great film by any stretch but he sure was entertaining in it.

If you make big sweeping statements like {insert well respected actor} can't act, some MoFo is gonna call you on it.

Banned from Hollywood.
Well, have you seen any of those films I linked for you?

As for Travolta,
wasn't a great film by any stretch but he sure was entertaining in it.

If you make big sweeping statements like {insert well respected actor} can't act some MoFo is gonna call you on it.

Only Blow Out and Bug..but my opinions still remain the same on both actors

Only Blow Out and Bug..but my opinions still remain the same on both actors
Well if you've seen those two and still hold your opinion then you just crazy to me. I can't help you.

I will, however, leave you with a consolation prize.

A
that underscores precisely and painfully, how terrible an actor Steven Seagal is.

Banned from Hollywood.
Well if you've seen those two and still hold your opinion then you just crazy to me. I can't help you.

I will, however, leave you with a consolation prize.

A
that underscores precisely and painfully, how terrible an actor Steven Seagal is.

LOL...so true...i mean the guy is pathetic in every sense of the word.
He would have been better off selling vacum cleaners...lmao

A
Thanks Toosey nearly brought up my breakfast

(Sorry if I'm bumping old threads, but I'm new here)

My List (I'm sticking with the men, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to actresses):

Orlando Bloom
Mark Wahlberg
Owen Wilson
Ben Affleck
Casey Affleck
Matt Damon
all Baldwins
Adam Sandler
Mike Myers
Kevin Bacon
Jack Black
Will Ferrell
Val Kilmer (love him in Tombstone and The Doors, but other than that I can't stand him)
Jude Law
Malcolm McDowell
Eddie Murphy
Ben Stiller (except for Tropic Thunder)
Chris Tucker
Elijah Wood

Also, I don't hate him but I don't get the love for Christian Bale. He's tolerable, but he doesn't emote worth a damn. And I don't get the love for Daniel Day-Lewis. I've yet to see a movie of his that I've enjoyed. Another one is Heath Ledger, sure he was excellent as the Joker, but nothing else he ever did impressed me.

Banned from Hollywood.
Also, I don't hate him but I don't get the love for Christian Bale. He's tolerable, but he doesn't emote worth a damn. And I don't get the love for Daniel Day-Lewis. I've yet to see a movie of his that I've enjoyed. Another one is Heath Ledger, sure he was excellent as the Joker, but nothing else he ever did impressed me.

I agree with you with all your choices (minus Eddie Murphy)...but Christiane Bale? you should check him out in The Machinist (he deserved an oscar for that movie just for going to the extremes that he did with the weightloss)..as for Heath Ledger..I wont mention the Joker cause that was his greatest performance ever..Sure his earliest films were maybe not all that great as far as acting goes but he was incredible in Brokeback Mountain, and overall quite good in Ned Kelly. Had he not died I am sure he would have been considered one of today's greatest..especially after that oscar and DK performance.

I agree with you with all your choices (minus Eddie Murphy)...but Christiane Bale? you should check him out in The Machinist (he deserved an oscar for that movie just for going to the extremes that he did with the weightloss)
I've seen The Machinist. Actually, that was my introduction to him as an actor. While I admire his commitment to the role and sacrifices he made for it, I don't equate extreme weight loss or any physical change with great acting. Like I said, he doesn't emote. He's the same stoic, nearly expressionless man in every role he plays.

..as for Heath Ledger..I wont mention the Joker cause that was his greatest performance ever..Sure his earliest films were maybe not all that great as far as acting goes but he was incredible in Brokeback Mountain, and overall quite good in Ned Kelly. Had he not died I am sure he would have been considered one of today's greatest..especially after that oscar and DK performance.
I've never seen Ned Kelly. I've been avoiding it on account of Orlando Bloom (though looking at its IMDb page, I see it also has Geoffrey Rush, so I may eventually check it out). As for Brokeback Mountain, I found his performance in it almost laughable, actually. I know he was trying to be this tortured soul who had so much pain inside him that he could barely speak, but that's not what I got out of it. At first I assumed he just had a wad of chewing tobacco under his lip, but then he never spit so I had to rule that out. One friend of mine leaned over during the movie and said "What is he a stroke victim or something?"

On the subject of Brokeback Mountain, I should add that I think it's extremely overrated. Other than the gorgeous cinematography, the only thing significant about it was that it's really the only gay romance to truly make it mainstream. As a film, I found it to be only average in quality.

Banned from Hollywood.
On the subject of Brokeback Mountain, I should add that I think it's extremely overrated. Other than the gorgeous cinematography, the only thing significant about it was that it's really the only gay romance to truly make it mainstream. As a film, I found it to be only average in quality.
I also think it is extremely overrated as well. and personaly dont like the movie, but i applaud Ledger's acting in it.

Banned from Hollywood.
It just skipped my attention that you also have Jack Black on the list of actors you hate.. LOL..i personally like the guy..he may not be an Actor..more of an "artiste", as he's into music and other stuff as well, but i have to hand it to him that he has something different about him. sort of like he's his own creation. I also thought he was hillarious in High Fidelity.probably the best thing in that movie.

It just skipped my attention that you also have Jack Black on the list of actors you hate.

I find him obnoxious and not at all funny. Even in Tropic Thunder (which I love) he was the weak link.