Movie Tab II

Tools    

Can we try with real bullets now?
I just finished watching one of the best movies of all time, City of God

Lets put a smile on that block
Ive watched so many films lately and have been really lazy with this thread. And now my computers gone and broke. Arg. I'll post my list soon.

Right on! Shut off the computer, poison your dog, and drug your husband. Don't let anything distract you from that damn near perfect flick.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Transformers, The Movie
It's got wreckless driving, swearing, gang wars, hot metal babes, guns, 80's rock, and hover boards. This movie's got more snap than a pack of pop rocks. Fa' sho'!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
He ambled around? he knew he was gonna die, bro. I'd be ambling a little too.
Even at the fairground at the beginning? I guess the 'Ra were feeding him sides of beef and huge chocolate cakes while in captivity too.

Wait, that last sentence is classified information and I value my kneecaps.

And what do you know about British accents?
Strewth Mary Poppins!

I can do an accent like Forest's too...

I don't mean to slag off one of your favourite films mate, there's a lot to love in The Crying Game, an awful lot: Steven Rea's performance (in fact I have an idea for an avatar ), Jaye Davidson's uniqueness (I see he's back working in a clothes shop) and a great turn by Jim Broadbent. If I was a cynical sod, which of course I'm not *cough*, I'd suggest Whitaker may have been brought in as an American 'name' to give the movie a bit of box-office clout Stateside.

PS - If you can, rent Jordan's debut film Angel (I think it might be called Danny Boy in The States). It's bleak, poetic, weird and touching.

Perfect.

history *is* moralizing
Barton Fink, Coen, 1991, wow!

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Even at the fairground at the beginning? I guess the 'Ra were feeding him sides of beef and huge chocolate cakes while in captivity too.

Wait, that last sentence is classified information and I value my kneecaps.

Strewth Mary Poppins!

I can do an accent like Forest's too...

I don't mean to slag off one of your favourite films mate, there's a lot to love in The Crying Game, an awful lot: Steven Rea's performance (in fact I have an idea for an avatar ), Jaye Davidson's uniqueness (I see he's back working in a clothes shop) and a great turn by Jim Broadbent. If I was a cynical sod, which of course I'm not *cough*, I'd suggest Whitaker may have been brought in as an American 'name' to give the movie a bit of box-office clout Stateside.

PS - If you can, rent Jordan's debut film Angel (I think it might be called Danny Boy in The States). It's bleak, poetic, weird and touching.

Perfect.
I'll check that film out, and don't worry about my feelings, I can handle you criticizing a favorite. Besides, you're right...I didn't even think about before he was captured. I guess I just never noticed.

Anyway...hey, wait! I just thought of something. He's at least a little gay, right? Don't all gay men shuffle around because they know they're going to hell?

Ah...my humor will get me killed some day.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Barton Fink, Coen, 1991, wow!
I just saw this for the first time two weeks ago and also blown away by its exquisite style and endless depth. Everything about this film is just wonderful. It is right up there with Miller's Crossing in my book. Now I must order a copy, as it not available at any of the stores in the area. Best Buy, Virgin, Newbury Comics, Target, Borders.....

Not a copy to be found anywhere.

The Dukes of Hazzard (d. Jay Chandrasekhar, 2005)
Red-Eye (d. Wes Craven, 2005)

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Around The Bend 4/5

The Snow Walker 2.5/5

High Crimes 3/5

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Sedai
I just saw this for the first time two weeks ago and also blown away by it's exquisite style and endless depth. Everything about this film is just wonderful. It is right up there with Miller's Crossing in my book. Now I must order a copy, as it not available at any of the stores in the area. Best Buy, Virgin, Newbury Comics, Target, Borders.....

amazon.com.... new, it's only $6.84.

I caught Yojimbo last night... there is still a thin, gritty film of machizmo oozing out of my dvd player. This was a bit chatty, but a fun watch. Toshiro Mifune is awesome.

Dead Man's Shoes - 5/5 - Loved every minute of this, brilliant.
Unleashed - 3.7 - An action film with a gooey center, entertaining, brutal at times.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Sedai
so, Amazon.com?

I just saw at Berlin's Fantasy Filmfest(ival) the world premiere of The Big White, a very funny, great and beautiful movie! couldn't see any release dates for the States on imdb though. weird, since it's an American-Canadian-German co-production, signed Mark Mylod, and with a very good Robin Williams, a great Holly Hunter, a wonderful Giovanni Ribisi, a not less wonderful Woody Harrelson and a oh-so charming Alison Lohman (who was marvelous in White Oleander).
wow, i really really recommend it, whenever you can.

Do you know my poetry?
War of the Worlds, B-
2005 - Steven Spielberg

Our Hospitality, A
1923 - Buster Keaton & John G. Blystone

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
amazon.com.... new, it's only $6.84.
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
so, Amazon.com?
Right. I did say I was ordering it, didn't I?