Quote of the Day

Tools    

Thank's Tatty.... I love Yeats....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I was once looking for a way to change my life, instead I found out that I was an ungrateful bitch ~ unknown...from an 80's movie though.????

The People's Republic of Clogher
"Lawrie Sanchez. B*stard." - Tacitus, 2007

I am having a nervous breakdance
Welcome to the desert of the real

Jean Baudrillard (1929 - 2007)

and later by Morpheus

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Mike Leigh, on being asked if it irked him that his films tend to only get broad exposure in 'art house' cinemas:

I am totally frustrated by that. That's never the intention. The idea that a film like this, or any film I have ever made, should be dumped in what are regarded as art house cinemas isn't on. I am not concerned with making esoteric, obscure kinds of films. These are films that can share and talk to anybody about real things.

there's a frog in my snake oil
'They forget, if ever they knew, how the voracious caterpillars of an obscure moth from the American tropics saved Australia’s pastureland from the overgrowth of cactus, how a Madagascar ‘weed’, the rosy periwinkle, provided the alkaloids that cure most cases of Hodgkin’s disease and acute childhood leukaemia; how another substance from an obscure Norwegian fungus made possible the organ transplant industry; how a chemical from the saliva of leeches yielded a solvent that prevents blood clots during and after surgery; and so on through the pharmacopoeia that has stretched from the herbal medicines of Stone Age shamans to the magic-bullet cures of present-day biomedical science.'

~EO Wilson on the importance of biodiversity (and why we should limit our tendency to destroy it)
[The Creation - p31]

'They forget, if ever they knew, how the voracious caterpillars of an obscure moth from the American tropics saved Australia’s pastureland from the overgrowth of cactus, how a Madagascar ‘weed’, the rosy periwinkle, provided the alkaloids that cure most cases of Hodgkin’s disease and acute childhood leukaemia; how another substance from an obscure Norwegian fungus made possible the organ transplant industry; how a chemical from the saliva of leeches yielded a solvent that prevents blood clots during and after surgery; and so on through the pharmacopoeia that has stretched from the herbal medicines of Stone Age shamans to the magic-bullet cures of present-day biomedical science.'

~EO Wilson on the importance of biodiversity (and why we should limit our tendency to destroy it)
[The Creation - p31]
Gollygosh so nice to see you I miss you