Abortion; Why?

Tools    

What discussion, Mesmer? Do you realize this is Yoda's thread and you're not only disrespectful to me but also to him with this nonsense? Yoda is a pretty good debater, you should take some pointers from him.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Mesmerized, I think you should ask yourself why you argue about this. Is it to actually help save unborn lives, or is it to satisfy your own outrage? Because it ought to be the former, and if it is, then you should be willing to assess how persuasive your approach is. And I think it should be pretty obvious by now that the current approach is not particularly persuasive.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When I see a post from Mesmerized I feel like banging my head repeatedly on a table.

Suspect's Reviews

mesmerized doesn't have discussions with CHILD MURDERERS!
When I see a post from Mesmerized I feel like banging my head repeatedly on a table.
You guys sure have a lot to say when there's a pile-on to be had. But I've asked you both simple, reasonable questions about your positions, and neither of you have deigned to answer them.

You guys sure have a lot to say when there's a pile-on to be had. But I've asked you both simple, reasonable questions about your positions, and neither of you have deigned to answer them.
but piling-on is so fun.

i will try to answer that stuff you asked me a while back sometime soon. i keep forgetting/procrastinating. i can't promise that i won't procrastinate a lot more, but i'm sure my pal mesmerized will single-handedly keep this thread active for the next few years anyway.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
"The message that President Obama delivered in his speech at Notre Dame was: morality is immoral. Pro-life is the extremist position, not a moral position. Yet we should compromise and work to reduce abortions. Where's the compromise between life and death - and why work to reduce the number of them occurring if there's nothing wrong with them?" ~ Rush Limbaugh

"The message that President Obama delivered in his speech at Notre Dame was: morality is immoral. Pro-life is the extremist position, not a moral position. Yet we should compromise and work to reduce abortions. Where's the compromise between life and death - and why work to reduce the number of them occurring if there's nothing wrong with them?" ~ Rush Limbaugh
I don't think Obama would be a good example to use because he is a politician, and a highly visible one at that. You see, in numerous types of situations, politicians try to appease as many people in order to get as many votes and supporters as possible (except for "extremist" minorities who might be too unpopular for the politician to be seen appeasing).
As far as I can tell from a glance, this "compromise between life and death" as you call it might just be a (vaguely clumsy) attempt by Obama et al to try and appease both sides of the abortion debate - sort of like "Hey, pro-lifers! We're reducing the amount of abortions, so support us!" "Hey, pro-choicers! We're not actually banning abortions, so support us!"

I think the point was to make people realize that Obama is a fraud when it comes to healthcare, especially his callous lack of concern for the unborn. He didn't give thousands of dollars to PP so that they can purchase x-ray equipment to do mammary exams.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Do you believe you are immoral because you are not pro-life?
Questions with more questions? No I personally don't believe i'm immoral for that at all but I suppose I should re-phrase, do you believe I am immoral because i'm not pro-life?

I personally don't believe i'm immoral for that at all but I suppose I should re-phrase, do you believe I am immoral because i'm not pro-life?
If you don't believe you are immoral because you are not pro-life, then why ask the question? Are you unsure of your moral compass? Do you feel guilty about something?

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
If you don't believe you are immoral because you are not pro-life, then why ask the question? Are you unsure of your moral compass? Do you feel guilty about something?
I will answer all three!
1. I suppose I asked the question because i'm interested in people. So often we surround ourselves with people who share our same beliefs or opinions so i'm genuinely just curious if you believe i'm immoral based on my stance on this issue. I also had a great conversation with a priest once about abortion and he would answer that question with a "no" and he's obviously pro-life so again, i'm just curious about the other side as they say! I'll take your avoidance of the question as a yes

2. I am absolutely not unsure of my morality at all. I'm an extremely empathetic person almost to a fault because it sometimes makes me a doormat. I believe empathy is one of the greatest tools we have in terms of morality because it makes us able to understand one another more clearly. If we all could do that a little more effectively I guarantee the world would be more pleasant.

3. Yes, I feel guilty about how full my cat's litter box is right now, I really should be scooping it but i'm on the internet instead :/

I have a few questions for Mesmerized...

Would you allow exceptions to an abortion ban in the case of rape?

What do you think the penalty should be for doctors who perform abortion?

What do you think the penalty should be for women who seek out an abortion?

Just curious to see your answers, not anyone else.

I will answer all three!
1. I suppose I asked the question because i'm interested in people. So often we surround ourselves with people who share our same beliefs or opinions so i'm genuinely just curious if you believe i'm immoral based on my stance on this issue. I also had a great conversation with a priest once about abortion and he would answer that question with a "no" and he's obviously pro-life so again, i'm just curious about the other side as they say! I'll take your avoidance of the question as a yes

2. I am absolutely not unsure of my morality at all. I'm an extremely empathetic person almost to a fault because it sometimes makes me a doormat. I believe empathy is one of the greatest tools we have in terms of morality because it makes us able to understand one another more clearly. If we all could do that a little more effectively I guarantee the world would be more pleasant.

3. Yes, I feel guilty about how full my cat's litter box is right now, I really should be scooping it but i'm on the internet instead :/

I've debated with you on this topic numerous times Yoda. You know my views, I know yours. There's no point in going through the cycle again.
This might be an okay reply if you hadn't specifically replied to something I said and contradicted it already. If you don't want to debate the issue, fine, but you can't come in here, say "this is wrong" and then bail when I ask you to explain why. That's ridiculous.

Am I immoral because i'm not Pro-life?
When do you believe life begins? To me that goes a long way towards answering your question. The abortion debate changes drastically depending on how you answer this. What is blowing my mind is the amount of people who think life begins at conception but are still pro-choice. I can't even fathom that.

Also I believe you can have an immoral position on an issue and still be a moral person.