My List of Worst Movie Sequels

Tools    

I only ever watched Shawshank Redemption once many, many years ago, and I was distinctly underwhelmed. Maybe if I give it another go I will revise my view of it. But my point is that do we (as movie geeks) really think that it's one of the best films of all time?
It's one of those rare films, IMO, that gets better with re-watches.
It's got what I call "flow" in its storytelling and it builds to such a stunning & memorable reveal that I have to revel in it despite already knowing the outcome after having seen it several times. (And I'm not even a Tim Robbins fan.) So yes, I think it's a great film.

I'm with you on most of the films you've mentioned so far including Rocky V, which to me is the worst of the series.

However, you are dead wrong on Back To The Future II. The entire trilogy is great in my opinion.
The first thing I said when I talked about Back to the Future II was that I know there is a lot of love for this movie...it's the first thing I said...did anybody actual read what I typed? I said I know that there are a lot of people out there who like the movie. I thought about leaving it off the list because I KNOW there are a lot of people out there who like it. I know. But I didn't. And coming here and posting stuff like "How can you not like it?" is not going to change my opinion of the movie. I didn't like it...feel free to make your own list.

I have thought that ever since I saw your list of bad TV spin-offs (The Parkers and other things), Noxeema and now this.
You really have a nard on for Noxeema, don't you? You just refuse to let this go.

The first thing I said when I talked about Back to the Future II was that I know there is a lot of love for this movie...it's the first thing I said...did anybody actual read what I typed? I said I know that there are a lot of people out there who like the movie. I thought about leaving it off the list because I KNOW there are a lot of people out there who like it. I know. But I didn't. And coming here and posting stuff like "How can you not like it?" is not going to change my opinion of the movie. I didn't like it...feel free to make your own list.
You shouldn't be forced to exclude it from your list because people don't share the same opinion. I'm sure nobody intended to come across that way. We're just surprised, that's all.

You really have a nard on for Noxeema, don't you? You just refuse to let this go.
Well, look at her........

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Noxeema.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24814  

You shouldn't be forced to exclude it from your list because people don't share the same opinion. I'm sure nobody intended to come across that way. We're just surprised, that's all.
I have no intention of taking it off my list, but that's exactly how it came off...these lists are my opinion and my opinion only and I'm tired of people coming to my threads and telling me my opinions are wrong.

I have no intention of taking it off my list, but that's exactly how it came off...these lists are my opinion and my opinion only and I'm tired of people coming to my threads and telling me my opinions are wrong.
It's your opinion but equally this is a discussion forum.

It's your opinion but equally this is a discussion forum.
Saying "You're wrong" is not a discussion, it's telling me that I'm wrong. People don't even tell me what it is about the film they like or what I'm not seeing, they just keep saying "You're wrong"...that's what pisses me off. This is my opinion, there is no such thing as a wrong opinion.

Father of the Bride Part II

The original 1950 film also had a sequel called Father's Little Dividend, but in the sequel to the remake, not only does George Banks (Steve Martin) learn that his daughter (Kimberly Williams-Paisley) is pregnant, but that his wife Nina (Diane Keaton) is also pregnant, which just resulted in overkill for me, not to mention Martin Short's role as the wedding planner in the first film was enlarged here, which didn't endear me to this film at all because I found Short the most annoying part of the first film.

Batman Forever

Never really bought Val Kilmer as the Caped Crusader and despite the presence of Jim Carrey as the Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face, this movie was a crashing bore.

Superman Returns

This 2006 attempt to revive the original Superman franchise was an epic fail due to a screenplay that lacked something the 1978 and 1981 films were rich with...a sense of humor. Bryan Singer directed this film with a straight face...the film is dark and somber and very slow going. The story also spits in the face of the original Superman legend when we learn that Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) is engaged to another man (James Marsden) and already has a child with him. And the only performance in the film that really worked for me was Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor but even he was no Gene Hackman.

Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise

This sequel to Revenge of the Nerds was pretty much just a rehash of the first film with better scenery.

I like Batman Forever it's childhood for me

Haven't seen any Father of the Bride or Revenge of the Nerds movie. Superman Returns is bad i agree. While not a good film at all , like Derek i really like Batman Forever i actually prefer it to Batman Returns.

Haven't seen any Father of the Bride or Revenge of the Nerds movie. Superman Returns is bad i agree. While not a good film at all , like Derek i really like Batman Forever i actually prefer it to Batman Returns.
If you think about it, Batman Forever was almost the movie update version of the old TV show - what with the music, some of the tilted camera angles, and the complete zaniness of the villains (seems both villains were trying to channel Frank Gorshin & Cesar Romero, despite the fact that Two-Face never was and was never supposed to be a humorous or zany character).

I also prefer it to Returns. And I know I'm in a minority, but I really disliked Returns for several reasons.