My List of Worst Movie Sequels

Tools    

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol

If the truth be told, I didn't like any of the films in this franchise after the first one, but this one was definitely the worst, finding our heroes training civilian volunteers. If memory serves this was the last film in which Steve Guttenberg appeared and after he left, the films became completely unwatchable.

Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights

Like a lot of bad sequels, this one had NOTHING to do with the first film, a point driven home by the fact that Patrick Swayze does make a cameo appearance where he doesn't play Johnny Castle.

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous

This overblown sequel finds FBI agent Gracie (Sandra Bullock) breaking in a new partner (Regina King) while trying to figure out who kidnapped Cheryl (Heather Burns) and Stan Fields (William Shatner). I missed Michael Caine, Candice Bergen, and Benjamin Bratt and it goes on forever.

Beyond the Poseidon Adventure

The last movie I thought merited a sequel...another all-star cast is featured in this story of people returning to the overturned ship looking for buried treasure. Michael Caine, Sally Field, Telly Savalas, Shirley Jones, Jack Warden,and Karl Malden are among those involved in this debacle.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Now, when were saying this, are we talking about the quality of the film alone, or as compared to it's predecessor.

Cause it's either Highlander 2 or Speed 2.

The last movie I thought merited a sequel...another all-star cast is featured in this story of people returning to the overturned ship looking for buried treasure. Michael Caine, Sally Field, Telly Savalas, Shirley Jones, Jack Warden,and Karl Malden are among those involved in this debacle.
I need to see this because of...
and KARL MALDEN as "Wilbur"

A tag line like that makes me chomp at the bit (like Mr. Ed)!

I loved The Poseidon Adventure...I didn't know this one existed. I have to see it

So far i haven't seen any of these.

Never watched a Police Academy movie, really surprised you watched all of them. I used to like Dirty Dancing not sure if i still would there was no way the sequel was going to be anything other than terrible.I actually quite like Jaws 2 it is obviously nothing compared to the original but i found it pretty decent for what it was. The first Miss Congeniality was really bad so i didn't bother with the sequel.

Curious what your top ten will look like.

So far i haven't seen any of these.

Never watched a Police Academy movie, really surprised you watched all of them. I used to like Dirty Dancing not sure if i still would there was no way the sequel was going to be anything other than terrible.I actually quite like Jaws 2 it is obviously nothing compared to the original but i found it pretty decent for what it was. The first Miss Congeniality was really bad so i didn't bother with the sequel.

Curious what your top ten will look like.
Loved the first Miss Congeniality, but hated this one.

Possibly the most overrated movie of all time.

Godfather II was just like the Godfather, except you take out all the good acting and story. Deniro didnt know his ass from a hole in the ground back then, and Pacino was worse. Cmon! He looked like he was on dope the whole movie. In all honesty, Godfather III was even better than Godfather II. At least Pacino was really trying to act.

Now, when were saying this, are we talking about the quality of the film alone, or as compared to it's predecessor.

Cause it's either Highlander 2 or Speed 2.
I judge a sequel as an individual film, but I also gauge its connection to the first film...if it has no connection to the first film or said connection is paper thin, there was no point in making it.

Arthur 2: On the Rocks

This pathetic sequel to the 1981 classic focused on Arthur and Linda's attempt to live without his money and adopt a child...the problem here is that the most interesting part of the first film was the relationship between Arthur and his manservant Hobson (John Gielgud) and since Hobson died in the first film....