Disney buys LucasFilm, Star Wars Episode 7 slated for 2015

Tools    

Just another movie Guru
You say that now, but if you're even a remote star wars fan, your ass will be firmly planted in that seat when they release the next three films. And they won't be bad.

You say that now, but if you're even a remote star wars fan, your ass will be firmly planted in that seat when they release the next three films. And they won't be bad.
Oh yeah, my hopes are as high as they were for the prequels. What happened there again?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

There will be songs.

Doooooooooooooooo or do noooooooot, therrrrrrrrrre is no tryyyyyy.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Seriously though, I felt a great disturbance... as if millions of Star Wars fans cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

Just another movie Guru
Oh yeah, my hopes are as high as they were for the prequels. What happened there again?
George Lucas Happened; The prequels were all Lucas.

George Lucas Happened; The prequels were all Lucas.
Lucas, Disney, Tomato, Tomato. Now go get back to work on the new Pirates movie.

Quote: "Never watch a movie with a number greater than 2 on the title."

7 > 2

Therefore, don't watch Star Wars 7.
Star Wars 4, 5, 6?

Therefore, don't listen to this guy.

Got some news, had a look through the thread and couldn't find if this has been covered yet...

Apparently Episode VII is to be titled Star Wars Episode VII: A New Dawn and apparently will feature Solo, Leia, C3PO, R2D2 and Luke.

Along with Episode VII they're hoping for VIII, IX, X, XI and XII too.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Got some news, had a look through the thread and couldn't find if this has been covered yet...

Apparently Episode VII is to be titled Star Wars Episode VII: A New Dawn and apparently will feature Solo, Leia, C3PO, R2D2 and Luke.

Interesting if true. "A New Dawn" I have to assume means a new beginning after ROTJ, so bringing back the old characters but with new actors, because they can hardly call it a new dawn when its 30 years later and Han, Luke and Leia are all old.

Also I would be happy if they made loads of movies as long as they are good.

Interesting if true. "A New Dawn" I have to assume means a new beginning after ROTJ, so bringing back the old characters but with new actors, because they can hardly call it a new dawn when its 30 years later and Han, Luke and Leia are all old.

Also I would be happy if they made loads of movies as long as they are good.

I reckon it'd work with the original actors being old. They can't recast the roles if the characters are in the new film, it wouldn't work as well.

If they set the new one to coincide with the actors' ages... it would work brilliantly for the story. I mean, there's 30 years between Episode III and IV... so it would be fine I reckon.

After 30 years of peace, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has rebuilt the Jedi Order with Leia by his side to rebuild the Republic Senate.
But a dangerous threat has dawned on the newly formed Republic...

... etc etc. Kinda like a circle in the storytelling... The Empire ruled for 30 odd years, then after the defeat of the Empire in Episode VI, the Republic ruled again for 30 odd years then Episode VII kicks in...

I'm really excited for this movie! I can't wait until it comes out!

The Lord of the Rings

I really hope that's true rather than some false rumour.

I said before that Abrams is the guy that can do it. Here's hoping.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I like the idea of JJ Abrams directing Star Wars. Sure, a lot of internet "commenters" will whine about "lens flares," but he's a great choice!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I lens flares don't really bother me. I think he (other than Brad Bird) was the logistical choice for the job.

Suspect's Reviews