MoFo Fantasy Football 2012 - Week 3

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I'm back!

Yeah, it's interesting that different fan bases can united over their hatred. I don't see any fans of either team playing homer on this one. PW sounded disgusted last night.

In the Beginning...
Pete Carroll sure did. He remarked that he thought it was a good call.

I'm also perplexed by Jim Harbaugh's sneakery on Sunday. I like the guy a lot, but that was flat out cheating. I can understand players trying to get away with stuff, but coaches should know better.

Did he really? Ha. The other Seahawk players I heard gave the standard half-answer that indicates they're happy but they know they got away with one. Carroll's goofy if he didn't do the same. I know they can't disagree, but the players usually have ways of indicating they know they were lucky. "That's their call" or "We can't control how the refs call it," etc.

So, the 442 points I've put up through three weeks is pretty durn high. So I decided to go back and see if it's the most through three weeks in league history. As it turns out...it isn't!

In fact, Jay's squad last year put up 460 (!) after the first three weeks, and it looks like that's probably the mark. I'm just eyeballing this, but I'm pretty sure that's the highest. Mind you, this is just weeks 1-3, not the highest total during any three-week period. Though we see some big scores early in the year, so they might be one and the same.

Just on the other side, by the way, is Fiscal's 2010 team, which put up 435, Pete's 2010 team, which put up 422, and my 2009 team, which had 418.

Of those previous four teams, two went 9-4 and the other two won just 3 and 4 games respectively, if you can believe that. Two went to the MoFo Bowl (Jay, me) and one won it (Jay, last year).

So, some pretty mixed results. Ditto if you rank those four previous teams (Jay, Fiscal, Pete, me) by points instead of W-L or playoff record: they finished 4th, 9th, 5th, 2nd.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I don't have cable, so I didn't see the game. But I just watched a clip of "the play."

Wow.

I'm no fan of the Packers, but wow. They definitely got the shaft.

Wisconsin isnt prepared for the likes of the Shaft.

It could barely handle the Big Ragu and Arthur Fonzarelli.

Yeah, we got a gift. It happens. I'm not gonna feel guilty about it or apologize to the Packers or their fans though. By my estimation we have several more of these coming our way here in Seattle. No one, except a life long Seattle-ite can know how miserable it can be to be a sports fan here.

What's really troubling to me is just how awful this officiating truly is. Flags on almost every other play? Effing ridiculous. I'll be shocked if a deal isn't done this week so we can get the other less crappy ref's back on the field.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yeah, we got a gift. It happens. I'm not gonna feel guilty about it or apologize to the Packers or their fans though.

well no of course not. I don't recall Steeler fans proclaiming outrage when the Bus got a ring on account of the Zebras.