What makes you a film fanatic?

Tools    

I'm a romantic at heart
Well, I'm really into the acting thing so I love to analyze the actors & actresses as the play a part. I also love getting rapped up into a good romance and really feeling part of it. Kinda weird HUH?

I have loved movies since I was a kid. I like being moved in some way whether it's laugh or anger or sadness. The best movies to me are one's you think about days after you see them.

I'm not a fanatic. I don't buy DVDs. I don't want to watch movies over and over. The thrill of a movie to me is seeing something new. I'm the same way about vacations. I love going to new places... and not coming home the same route.

But I do love movies. New movies (or old ones I haven't seen) on a big screen with big sound.

Currently I'm without Netflix so most of my movies are new releases at a local theatre. Not too many chances there for Indies or foreign films. But I did recently get digital cable and I've caught a few really enjoyable flicks like The Station Agent, Happy Accidents, What the &*#$ Do We Know and King of New York.

Oh, and also Lord of the Rings, Return of the King. Ok, I've already seen it but it was worth a second viewing.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Movie Forums Member
I just like the voyeurism aspect to it, and being taken from reality into another one... I love drama and things that I cannot act out in my own life.

Because i have a 56k, and everytime i see on eMule a rare movie, a controversial-never-released piece.. i cringe because i can't download it!

Wow, i'm totally going to sign that petition

You know how to sell a movie..... instead of whinging in a LONG paragraph, SOME info on the actual film would be nice.

Originally Posted by LghtAndDrk
I just received some bad news folks. I got a call recently that the planned 2 pack with The Tenement and the Fear of the Dark Special Edition that was planned for release in June isn't going to happen.
Bad news? Buddy, this is downright HORRIBLE news!!!! This is exactly the sort of tragedy that makes me question whether there really is a God.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

have no fear, CPMan is here..
-If you have a comfortable couch and just watching DVD's to kill your time..
-you go to a mall and watch the latest movies and eat popcorn like hell!!
-you have a Gold Membership in a video renting store
-you buy DVD/VCD once in a while
-you make reviews in a movie.
-you have a 48" inch Sony Plasma TV screen and big-a$$ stereos while watching..
-you have a small room filled with CD's!!

fortunately, that description fits me..ALL OF IT..

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
i currently watch 8 movies a week,and theyre usually new movies

I would have to say that Im an introvert...and I like to stay inside most of the time...and the two best things to do inside, while still keeping your clothes on, are hockey and movies!!!

Movie Forums Member
You can lose yourself while watching a film in a way that you can't do in real life.

I think it's just a matter of where movies fall into your life. Some people just go to the movies every couple of weeks, but it doesn't really stay with them, and they can't really discuss it, because it doesn't affect them. Other people, go to the movies for a reason, be it an actor, or a director, or a genre. And they think about it and internalize it.

It all began with 2001 a Space Odyssey. I was around two years old when this was released and I was not much older when I saw it in the theater. I have loved movies ever since and maybe it is not just movies because I also love books, RPGs, video Games, etc… Movies however are the easiest to enjoy. There is not much work, you sit there and enjoy what the director, cast, producers, etc… have to present you. Watching a movie to me is a celebration, an experience that if good will swallow you into the magic and whisk you away from the trials of everyday life. Yes it is escapism and it can be addicting, but unlike drugs or cigarettes or just about any other form of addicting sources it can educate, it can make you feel good, bad, happy, etc…and if a film makes you feel a negative emotion it usually is because you are enjoying yourself. Braveheart made me feel very sad, very angry, and very grateful among other things. Many other films do this and with little or no side effects. Film is like a drug to me and yes I think I am addicted, but it is one addiction that I never want to lose.

Now coffee....that's an addiction I'd like to lose.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Tbj
Because i have a 56k, and everytime i see on eMule a rare movie, a controversial-never-released piece.. i cringe because i can't download it!
"Pull emule, pull!"

After being in minor relationships, one major relationship, having casual friends, work friends and a few close ones, I no longer care about cultivating these things anymore as I feel I aint missing anything cuz I've "done it all"....as such, I am more interested in realtionships in film, how charactors interact with each other as well as how the film speaks to me of an "ideal" I know can never be attained in real life, therefore I prefer "REEL LIFE" ...though I am nowhere near a shut in or anti social with people, I am not personable in caring anymore to create or maintain realtionships... I've been to the bars, had the women, the friends, the outdoor excursions..I just dont care about this stuff anymore and would rather buy and rent dvds instead of having anything meaningful with people on a personal level - UNLESS they share my total love for movies..otherwise arms length is fine for me. I guess that all makes me a film fanatic cuz I now place films over having actual relationships with people if those people arent into movies hardcore like I am. Rather go to the "game" or watch the "game" over a kick ass flick? Ya lost me...bye bye....

I need to get laid? Hey, I've BEEN laid numerous times...not interested in realtionships and "friends with benefits" never worked cuz the girl just HAD to develop deeper feelings that I wasnt interested in..women will never master separating their vaginas from thier hearts like a man can his penis from his heart... if my hand cant do the job, I'll get out my flesh-light

Conversation? Funny how a good 2 hour flick can alleviate that...or doing some reading or working on my book, or my oil painting...
Bars? Been there done that...If someone can come along and NOT be a friggin drunk and just "have a few", then I'll consider having a buddy once again.

My movies are closer to me than people...and I am happy.

Originally Posted by Kidkool
After being in minor relationships, one major relationship, having casual friends, work friends and a few close ones, I no longer care about cultivating these things anymore as I feel I aint missing anything cuz I've "done it all"....
I don't think no matter how long I live I could never say i have "done it all"

I am not personable in caring anymore to create or maintain realtionships...

Originally Posted by LghtAndDrk
I just received some bad news folks. I got a call recently that the planned 2 pack with The Tenement and the Fear of the Dark Special Edition that was planned for release in June isn't going to happen.
It just came out yesterday from Razor Digital Entertainment. You can order it here.

I am really not sure. I think what sparked my insanely large pursuit for movie knowledge my monsterous and unstoppable vie for general film was the film Braveheart.

I was born into a family, on both sides, that just didn't like movies that much. I continued with my love for film until I got my older brother intersted in film. Since he was older than me, he got to go to Los Angeles Film School first (the bastard) and then I finally got my chance and went to NYU for film. Then I graduated.

My older brother then wrote a screenplay called "The Don Killer" and later on I wrote my first called "In Pursuit of the Sun" and then wrote my second titled "The Oxymoron of Life." I sold both and he sold his. Then about 2 months ago me and brother, always wanting to write something together since kids, teamed up and are writing our first co-written script together.

Maybe this defines me as a film fanatic or maybe my 300+ film collection. Some movies have changed my life, so maybe it is that which defines my being a film fanatic. Or maybe it's just my love for film...

Originally Posted by PrometheusFG
My older brother then wrote a screenplay called "The Don Killer" and later on I wrote my first called "In Pursuit of the Sun" and then wrote my second titled "The Oxymoron of Life." I sold both and he sold his. Then about 2 months ago me and brother, always wanting to write something together since kids, teamed up and are writing our first co-written script together.
So, have they been made into movies?