The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Just givin' whachu guys give me. There's one particular Honorable Mention that will come up later that got multiple nominations, but is sooo off the mark that I may well have vetoed had it been voted in.

Once Upon a Time in the West at least has a shootout.
Intriguing.

As for the recent entries - Taken is blah and I really need to rewatch Precinct 13 (along with pretty much every second-tier Carpenter movie but especially that).

Intriguing.

As for the recent entries - Taken is blah and I really need to rewatch Precinct 13 (along with pretty much every second-tier Carpenter movie but especially that).
I didn't even realize it was Carpenter. It's hard to go wrong with Carpenter.

Assault on Precinct 13 and The Bourne Ultimatum were both on my list. I'm surprised the latter is so low down, would have expected all three of them to be pretty high I think.

I had Assault on Precinct 13 on my list, That won't have been a surprise to anyone who can remember/has seen my 100.

I think I had it about #18. I like it a lot more than some films I have higher up because I think of them more as action.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
14. Taken
19. The Bourne Ultimatum

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Once Upon a Time in the West is a very good movie, but not one I ever considered for my ballot. Taken was, to steal a phrase from hk, painfully average. I've not seen the rest of these, including the honorable mentions, but I didn't like The Bourne Identity much so I doubt I'd like Ultimatum.

Once Upon a Time in the West was my #1. It was one of my picks i didn't really expect to be allowed but i'm glad it was. Also from the Honourable Mentions Once Upon A Time In China was my #23.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Once Upon a Time in the West is a very good movie, but not one I ever considered for my ballot. Taken was, to steal a phrase from hk, painfully average. I've not seen the rest of these, including the honorable mentions, but I didn't like The Bourne Identity much so I doubt I'd like Ultimatum.
The Ultimatum is the best of the series, and alot better than The Bourne Identity in my opinion.

I disliked Taken quite a bit on my first watch, but years later with a revisit I was at least able to enjoy it for what it was. A pretty good action-thriller type film, but not as great as the reputation it has with some people. A 7,8 on IMDb????

The Bourne Ultimatum is the first from my list, I had it at #5. Expertly made film, with great action, but it is the intense thriller/spy aspect, which is the best. Nevertheless, the most action-packed of the three and surprised to see it this low...

Out of the list and the honorable mentions, I have not seen Fist of Legend, Pitch Black, Assault on Precinct 13 (only seen the remake), Once Upon A Time in China, A Better Tomorrow 2, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children or Smokey and the Bandit.

Once Upon A Time in the West is amazing, but not even remotely an action film to me. I don't like the first [i]Mad Max[/] and it's the most (revenge) drama-ish of the four... Nausicaä was didn't really appeal to me much and Akira didn't either... sorry to the fans of those. Ant-Man was alright, but not nearly as good as it could've been.

Been a long time since Man on Fire and Master and Commander, so can't comment much on those...

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Honorable Mentions:
6 Final fantasy: Advent children (2005)
16 Pitch black (2000)

My fav Vin Diesel movie. The sequels didn't come near, but were shlocky fun (mostly). I found Master & Comander a bit slow on my first watch, but it has grown on me. Never could stay away from a movie with Paul Bettany in it for very long. Never even thought about it for this list. Antman was good, but not good enough to make my list. I think that my #1 (if it's on the list at all) will apear within...7 places.

Omnizoa is the building you living at on fire. You need too slow down and let people a chance too react too the days count down. 3 Movies A Day is Fine But your doing it way too fast. Slow it down some with the Vegan express Bus. This slower carnivore would like to savor the list.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
well, out of the first 10 I have seen 7: Smokey, Mad Max, Akira, Once Upon a Time in the West, Assault, Ultimatum, and Taken.

At this rate my percentage of movies seen is DEFINITELY gonna be pretty high.

As for my listing I opted for movies that Omni described on page one: "There is only one qualification: YOU WATCH IT FOR THE ACTION" and so my top ten-ish follow that specific protocol while quite a number of favorites got knocked down to lower positions or simply didn't make it. Like Smokey and Akira would have but following the ideology of "Watch it for the ACTION" they didn't, simply because when I watch Smokey - its for the comedy and the sheer enjoyment of Gleason; and Akira is for the amazing artwork, for example.

No regrets or complaints, simply expressing where my head was at when creating my list and wanting to follow along with the heart of this list.

List:
7/10

Omnizoa is the building you living at on fire. You need too slow down and let people a chance too react too the days count down. 3 Movies A Day is Fine But your doing it way too fast. Slow it down some with the Vegan express Bus. This slower carnivore would like to savor the list.
#Savage

Seen: 8/10
My List: 1

23. Taken (2008)

I'm not even that big a fan of Taken, but I was struggling to think of action movies for spots 20-25. I didn't even consider Once Upon a Time in the West, because I always think of Westerns separate to other action films. Though judging by the movies on the countdown so far, a film didn't have to have much action in it for most people to consider it for their list haha.

Trouble with a capital "T"
91. Taken (2008) (Never heard of it)
92. The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) (Never heard of it)
93. Fist of Legend (1994) (Never heard of it)
94. Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) (Never seen it)
95. Once Upon A Time in the West (1968) (One of the great westerns, but not action)
96. Akira (1988) (Never heard of it)
97. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005) (Never heard of it)
98. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984) (Seen the English version, loved it)
99. Mad Max (1979) (My least favorite of the original trilogy)
100. Smokey and the Bandit (1977) (Seen it once long, long ago)

Honorable Mentions:
Ant-Man (2015) (Never seen it)
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) (Awesome film)
Pitch Black (2000)
(Never heard of it)
Once Upon A Time in China (1991) (Never heard of it)
Man on Fire (2004)
(Never heard of it)
A Better Tomorrow 2 (1987)
(Never heard of it)

I haven't heard of much, have I ?

As for my listing I opted for movies that Omni described on page one: "There is only one qualification: YOU WATCH IT FOR THE ACTION" and so my top ten-ish follow that specific protocol while quite a number of favorites got knocked down to lower positions or simply didn't make it. Like Smokey and Akira would have but following the ideology of "Watch it for the ACTION" they didn't, simply because when I watch Smokey - its for the comedy and the sheer enjoyment of Gleason; and Akira is for the amazing artwork, for example.

No regrets or complaints, simply expressing where my head was at when creating my list and wanting to follow along with the heart of this list.
Same with me. I think there are 2, maybe 3 movies on my list that are a bit iffy, but the rest are mainly action films.

Something like Pitch Black which got an honourable mention wasn't even on my radar even though I really like that movie, because to me it's more sci-fi/horror. It's sequels are certainly more action-oriented, but in my opinion the original one really is not.

[left]91. Taken (2008) (Never heard of it)
92. The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) (Never heard of it)

Honorable Mentions:
[/b]
[/size]Man on Fire (2004) [/size](Never heard of it)
A Better Tomorrow 2 (1987)
(Never heard of it)

I haven't heard of much, have I ?
Okay, either you're lying or you are the blindest man I know!

You may not like them, but The Bourne trilogy is adapted from some very popular novels and the film series is one of the most popular action-thriller moves of all time as well as one of the best trilogies of all time, according to a lot of people.

Taken was a huge action hit in 2008 and Man on Fire is also a really really popular film. I don't get you sometimes, CR.

Taken was massive when it was just released. The only film i heard about more in 2008 was The Dark Knight. It was mentioned more than Iron Man or WALL-E or whatever. Surprised you haven't heard of it, different crowds i suppose i would've been 15 at the time so my friends would be more likely to be talking about those films.