The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
[quote=Thursday Next;958536]Dark City is similar to Brazil in some respects. Interesting take that you think Dark City was trying to copy The Matrix. Usually fans of Dark City claim it is the other way around!

[quote]

Well the Matrix was released in 1999 compared with Dark City 1998, but the Wackowski's wanted to make the Matrix as early as 95/96 but were forced to make "Bound" first as a sort of trial run of their Directorial abilities.

Could be one of those situations where studios make similar films around the same time. Armageddon/Deep Impact. Wyatt Earp/Tombstone. Copying each other.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Dark City 'untertaining'? Somebody haven't seen The Turin Horse.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Is the new list acting weird for anyone else? There's no numbers for the ranking and it goes 100-1 unlike the other lists. There's also a bunch of zeros where the dates should be.

Is the new list acting weird for anyone else? There's no numbers for the ranking and it goes 100-1 unlike the other lists. There's also a bunch of zeros where the dates should be.
You deserve all the suffering in the world for that Philip Seymour Hoffman avatar.

Are your profile comments friends-only? I want to send you PSH pictures every day.
Thank God I never friended you.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
As I am slowly revisiting this thread, with every page I am more and more ensured it's the greatest MoFo topic ever. I mean, show me another topic with Buddha Buddha Dragon Dragon and me revealing Sexy Celebrity's true gender. Legendary.

As I am slowly revisiting this thread, with every page I am more and more ensured it's the greatest MoFo topic ever. I mean, show me another topic with Buddha Buddha Dragon Dragon and me revealing Sexy Celebrity's true gender. Legendary.
Did I have anything to do with this revisit, or is it just a strange and slightly disturbing coincidence?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Went crazy buying a few films from Amazon the other day that I haven't seen from the 90's and Millenium list.

First watch was "Dark City".

What a load of ****. I haven't been that depressed by a film since I watched "Brazil". There should be a new word for films like this.....how about UNtertainment.

Amazing similarities to "The Matrix". I wonder if someone at a rival studio didn't get wind of Warner's Matrix and try to do something similar.

Bleak and Depressing.

Gonna try and watch Johny Depp's "Dead Man" next.
There's no accounting for taste.

Suspect's Reviews

Let the night air cool you off
Don't forget weeman's brilliance:

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Brilliant! (seen it before but still)