Famous People You Have Met

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I suppose this will only mean something to people familiar with the Boston, MA music scene, but I may be wrong. There may be some truly cool people here who will get this. Back in 1996 I met the coolest man who ever lived, the late Mark Sandman from the band Morphine. I had gone to see them open for The Foo Fighters, and having never seen them before, I was completely blown away. Mark Sandman just knew how to get people's attention and hold it for a long time. It was like being in the presence of greatness. After the show, I ran into him outside. He was just so laid back and mellow, and he was cool about talking to me, a raving nut who couldn't shut up about how amazing the show was. I have been a rabid Morphine fan ever since, and when he died about a year or so later, I went to every memorial show they had in Boston. (There were A LOT of them.)

My friend Nate punched Andre the Giant in the stomach once (At a wrestling match, not on the street), after I dared him to. Andre turned to look at us and we ran like hell.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Future Ed Wood
my film studeis teachers friend has met nick cage! she sat next to him on a flight to the US but didnt know it was him until they were leving!

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I've met David Bellamy (prob not mean anything to anyone outside the UK) but he came to the bar we were running and had a drink with us when we were closed. Top man.

Also met Shane Meadows (a god) . Spoken to Kim Newman although he was a bit grumpy at the time.
Seen Ian Wright in Asda a few months ago doing his fishmongers act for the advert

I don't need a bigger boat.
I've met Pierre Trudeau (ex Prime Minister of Canada), James Spader, Bea Arthur, Jane Fonda, David Clayton Thomas (lead singer for Blood, Sweat and Tears), and Christian Slater.

Wow Silas Damien Rice is so cool. You live in Galway then?

Stuck in the middle with you.
You've met Slater, he was great in Broken Arrow the closest thing I've had to meeting someone famous is my aunt met Refrigerator Perry at a store and my school had that guy who got stabbed by charlie murphy on chappele show come in to talk to us.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
With the exception of Romero and the girl who played Barbra, I've met what's left of the entire living cast from Night of the Living Dead, Steve Railsback, the man who portrayed Charles Manson in the TV movie Helter Skelter, I've emailed and talked to Larry Zerner, the man who gave Jason Voorhees his mask in Friday the 13th Part 3, and Robot Chicken co-creator Matthew Senreich. I've met other B-movie actors, one Bond girl, and some other people

But the one I'm most proud of to call my personal friend is Toby Radloff, who is a close friend of Harvey Pekar's from the higly acclaimed film American Splendor. I have Toby's phone number, I've been to his house, and I've gone out to dinner with him. Unfortunately, Toby is under contract with Turner broadcasting, but if he wasn't, he told me that he would love to be in one of my movies.

Dachshunds Fear Me
I've met:
  • Former President Bill Clinton - at a book signing; it was like meeting Elvis.
  • Jerry Orbach - at the ad agency I was working at. Lovely guy, rest his soul. He sang to me.
  • Christopher Reeve - again, another agency meet. Had a smile that made my knees turn to rubber.
  • The Smothers Brothers - I am so dating myself here, probably means nothing to anyone under 40. Dick was a jerk, Tom's a nice guy.
  • Butterfly McQueen - at a classic movie convention. I was about 14, and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Still do, actually.
I've seen various celebs on the street in NY (Kate Winslet dropping her kids off at school and John Kennedy, Jr. heading to work were highlights), or at show tapings like Conan or Letterman.

And I'm not sure what category this fits into, but I had a fairly anonymous conversation with Russell Crowe when I was in the audience at a gig he did with his band (they're a pretty good garage band, but he shouldn't quit his day job). It had to do with Gene Hackman's hair in The Poseidon Adventure - don't ask.

George: Arthur.

John Edwards
Dona Brazil
Kevin Costner
George Bush & Laura Bush
Britney Spears
Condoleeza Rice
Three doors Down
Hilary Duff
Howie Day
Stephen Hawking

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have met and spoken with many bands, singers, actors/writers/directors, and athletes. I suppose it's open to interpretation how many are all that "famous" to the general public, especially nowadays. The one person I accidentally spent the most time with and had a blast was Ray Bradbury. Back in the '70s/'80s, FILMEX (the defunct Film Exposition of Los Angeles) had a yearly 50-hour movie marathon. I went to several of these, including the ones for horror, western, Oscar-winning Best Pictures and Sci-Fi. It was at the Sci-Fi marathon that I decided to go to the rest room during Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I had already seen the film 20 times earlier at the theatre, so it was OK; I was only going to be gone for a minute. Well, when I walked back into the back of the auditorium (back in the day of big theatres, so I was at least 15 feet from the nearest seat), I recognized this guy with glasses standing in the back. I immediately said, "Hello, Mr. Bradbury." He said hello back. I said that I thought we were watching a terrific movie, and he proceeded to explain to me, in personal detail, what it meant to him. We stayed back in the back, standing and quietly talking to each other about his own work, Spielberg, It Came From Outer Space, UFOs, God, Moby Dick, etc., but the amazing thing was that we kept making comments about Close Encounters while we discussed everything else. If anything, I believe that he loved it more than I did. Oh, one other thing if you don't know; Ray Bradbury has no qualms about swearing at all.

Now, Holden could probably fill up pages in here.

Holden could probably create his own forum.

I've met:
- Wayne Carey (ex-AFL footballer, considered by some to be the greatest of all time, fallen from grace & is now on assault charges in Miami. Go figure.)

- Corey McKernan (ex-AFL footballer, played for North Melbourne Football Club in the 90's.)

- Isabel Lucas (soapie actress in Australia - Home & Away)

- Andrew Gaze (Australian basketballing legend, holds many records)

- Walked past Glenn Archer (who many consider to be the toughest man to ever play AFL) & said hi to his kids.

-

This has been an interesting thread.
For me...
  • I once had a smoke with Morgan Fairchild during a break in the filming of the movie, North and South. I was an extra playing a Yankee.
  • I once was within ten feet of Arnold Schwarzenegger in a restaurant, where he stood there looking at me smoking a cigar.
  • I taught Warren G. U.S. History in high school. Nice kid. Got a B/E.

Aidan Quinn

When he was filming Reckless I was introduced to him by my mom's friend at the local mall. I don't know how she knew he was an actor or filming but she did. She kept calling him Mario and he was so annoyed at her. LOL.

Ugh lets see i've met:
Kevin Smith. He was a lot of fun to talk too.
Dave Mustaine from Megadeth. Which was awesome since he's one of my idols.
James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich from Metallica.
and a ******** of other bands that i dont feel like listing XD

I have mentioned in various other threads who I have met and who I know. Even though the list is probably too numerous to list, I will do my best to name who I can remember......

Jon Favreau
Kenny Baker
Adam West
Brian Thompson
Gillian Anderson
William B. Davis
Chris Owens
Dean Haglund
Nicholas Lea
Jennie Garth
Jennifer Aniston
Rob Zombie
Vince Vaughn
Ric Ocasek
Daryll Hall
Cher
Bruce Willis
Chuck Norris
The Cast of Lost
Heath Ledger
Jake Gyllenhaal
Nicholas Cage
Michelle Williams
Anne Hathaway
Ang Lee
Melanie Griffith
Paul Haggis
Sandra Bullock
Don Cheadle
Paul Newman
Matt Dillon
Ryan Phillippe
Thandie Newton
Terrence Howard
Brendan Fraser
Chevy Chase
Terence Stamp
Ahmed Best
Ray Park
Frank Oz
Denzel Washington
Joaquin Phoenix
Vanessa Anne Hudgens
Ashley Tisdale
Peter Fonda
Scott Rudin
Eva Mendes
Sam Elliott
Caroll Spinney
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Jessica Tandy

....and the list goes further.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Joaquin Phoenix
Vanessa Anne Hudgens
Ashley Tisdale

For these ,you better tell me a story! Nah, just kidding

although it would be nice

My God, this list would be insanely long if I even began to attempted it. Between athletes, actors & musicians, the list would easily surpass a thousand.

http://www.sizzlequiz.com/SelectFreeGame.aspx?c=Movies