Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

None of the four Malick films that I've watched seemed slow to me. Not even The Thin Red Line, which is almost 3 hours long.

I didn't like Days of Heaven, either, and now I have zero interest in watching The Tree of Life.

Well, unless I'm in a Brad Pitt mood.

Badlands offered nothing intriguing and unique as a story about a psycho killer and his young girlfriend. Maybe it was cool for its time, but the only things I cared about it when I watched it were the visuals, especially Martin Sheen. Had some ugly guy played that character... it would be utterly worthless, 'cause Sissy Spacek can't even save it in any fashion.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Badlands offered nothing intriguing and unique as a story about a psycho killer and his young girlfriend. Maybe it was cool for its time, but the only things I cared about it when I watched it were the visuals, especially Martin Sheen. Had some ugly guy played that character... it would be utterly worthless, 'cause Sissy Spacek can't even save it in any fashion.
I think Badlands presents the characters' psychopathic nature in a different light than I've ever seen done in a movie. It's a strange kind of look at it that fits Malick's specific worldview expressed further in Days of Heaven.

Oh, please. His worldview is bananas. And it didn't seem all that different to me. It just looked like a childish, immature form of being a psychopath. Nothing new.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Oh, please. His worldview is bananas. And it didn't seem all that different to me. It just looked like a childish, immature form of being a psychopath. Nothing new.
I'm not saying his worldview isn't bananas. It's not immaturity at all, it's innocence.

I'm not saying his worldview isn't bananas. It's not immaturity at all, it's innocence.
They're not innocent. They're monsters.

They are. You can't just go around calling all the young psychos "innocent." Innocent means YOU DON'T KILL.

Unregistered User

Haxan (1922)

Silent horror showing im assumming the start of the horror genre, some pretty disturbing scenes for a film made so long ago.

7/10

Requiem for a Dream (2000)

6/10 - I thought it was a well directed film and I was engaged throughout. The message is a good one. But overall I just thought it wasn't entertaining enough. There was a limited plot (yes I get that is the point), and the subject is a truly horrifying one - but at no point was I truly riveted to the screen. I think it was an extremely ambitious, difficult movie to make, especially from such a young Director. But ultimately as a viewer it doesn't quite hit the spot for me I'm afraid.

Take Shelter 3/4

Very slow paced but I was never bored. Great performances from Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain.
I loved this movie. Michael Shannon is extraordinary in it. Great actor.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
American Psycho,again .One of my fav movies...Bale is just awesome,story is so good,acting perfect... 8.7-10(i dont give 8 so easy) just awesome movie!

Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources

both a solid

The only little problem I had with it is that I speak French and the accent was so strong that I sometime had hard time to hear what the characters were saying. Beautiful story about greed and a beautiful representation of nature !

Just saw Silence of the Lambs for the second time.Wow,enjoyed much more than the first time.Really loved Jodie Foster especially in the climax of the film,she portrayed fear and determination so well,absolutely worth her Oscar.
Now,as for Dr. Lecter,I still think that he is a bit overrated.I'm not sure what exactly I don't like about him but I find Buffalo Bill much more creepier and overall,I liked him more.
Can't put finger on what was extremely good aboutthe film but it was veeery interesting to watch.

Hm,I will watch more acclaimed stuff which I've seen once only and disliked.

Really? thats a loooong time ago. Excuse my ignorance, i wasnt really prepared to check it out and investigate. Film was pretty good though.
Yup. In case you're at all interested, Méliès' Le Manoir du Diable (The House of the Devil, 1896) is the oft-cited "start" of cinematic horror.