Movie Tab II

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
A what-what and a whoop-whoop!

Who let da' Pimp out?!

*whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop*
Stop pretending your 'down with it' and 'hip to the groove'. Because you're not.

Boo Yacky Shar

And you are across the pond?

Okay, I admit...I'm as white as Donny and Marie...but not nearly as pretty.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
No no, weed makes people laugh and act uncomfortable.
Yeah, I know that now. Don't forget I was only 10.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
oh and Kudos to channel four for this 'banned' season they are doing at the mo
Kudos, indeed.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Kill Bill Volume 2 5/5
The Story of the Weeping Camel 3.5/5

Also, yesterday my boyfriend went to Circuit City and came home with the first two seasons of "Sliders". I had nooo idea what the hell it was, and he assured me it was a TV show that came on in the mid-nineties, but it went downhill after the first two seasons. He explained the basic premise of the show to me, and I was mildly interested, so we watched the two hour Pilot episode. Its actually pretty cool! Does anyone else know of this older TV show, and what did you think of it?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Okay, I admit...I'm as white as Donny and Marie...but not nearly as pretty.
More of a Little Jimmy then?* yikes!

*UK MoFos think of a pubescent, uglier Keith Chegwin...

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
Kill Bill Volume 2 5/5
The Story of the Weeping Camel 3.5/5

Also, yesterday my boyfriend went to Circuit City and came home with the first two seasons of "Sliders". I had nooo idea what the hell it was, and he assured me it was a TV show that came on in the mid-nineties, but it went downhill after the first two seasons. He explained the basic premise of the show to me, and I was mildly interested, so we watched the two hour Pilot episode. Its actually pretty cool! Does anyone else know of this older TV show, and what did you think of it?
You and your boyfriend should like it. It isn't all that bad...but it did go downhill, 'specially with all the cast changes.

ENJOY!

And you are across the pond?

Trust me, this 'hip hop, bee bop, dance till ya drop, yo yo i make a booya cup o coco' stuff aint the 'cool' over here in the U of the K...unless you live in South London, Birmingham or Bradford that is
Originally Posted by Tacitus
More of a Little Jimmy then?* yikes!

*UK MoFos think of a pubescent, uglier Keith Chegwin...
*Shudder* I never thought something so kretinous could exist...

Hero
i thought the choreography of the fight scenes was amazing but the story was really hard to follow.all the different flashbacks and different versions of the flashback was pretty confusing.and watchin the same character die like 20 times in the same movie didnt help that at all. overall i didnt really like it too much i thought it was really overated. but now i really want to go see Jet Li's Chinese films because i have only seen his american ones and the ones i saw were all crap so i got something out of this film

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Hero
i thought the choreography of the fight scenes was amazing but the story was really hard to follow.all the different flashbacks and different versions of the flashback was pretty confusing.and watchin the same character die like 20 times in the same movie didnt help that at all. overall i didnt really like it too much i thought it was really overated. but now i really want to go see Jet Li's Chinese films because i have only seen his american ones and the ones i saw were all crap so i got something out of this film

But see, that was the point. All the different viewpoints were various deceptions and lies, with the final story being the truth. Maybe give it another go in a few months. The multiple viewpoint technique that clouded the audiences perception was sort of (loosely) lifted from Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon (which I bought yesterday)

Anyway, last night I watched:

Lost Highway
(Lynch, 1997)

I have a MAJOR complaint. When, oh when, will a decent widescreen transfer be available for this film? In this terrible canadian release (which is all that is available), the colors are washed out, there is noticeable artifacting in every dark scene, and there are glitches that come across as screen tearing in numerous scenes. What the frig is this!!!!!

I am having a nervous breakdance
The Passion of the Christ

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
I guess you weren't impressed, huh?
Some things were very impressive, but it was not very good... I know Gibson wanted to focus on how Jesus suffered for our sins. But I really think the whole thing was totally taken out of context and ended up being sort of uninteresting. There were a couple of scenes that were moving or that grabbed hold of me, but just as many that were manipulative or just not very well directed. And a number of scenes that were just "what the...?".

After all the fuss about it, I had expected something a lot more controversial... But having the actors do it all in arameic and hebreic (and latin, right?) was absolutely the right thing to do. And I like the choice of actors as well... The absence of Hollywood stars together with the authentic language raised the level of realism. And the acting was generally very good, I think.

This film had a lot more in common with Braveheart than I thought it would have...

The Ring
pretty good movie to watch with your friends. definitly wasnt as scary as everyone said but still wasnt bad at all. im hoping to see the Japanese version next

CB4
Did anyone else watch this on Comedy Central? Not as funny as I remember it being. Dang.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Some things were very impressive, but it was not very good... I know Gibson wanted to focus on how Jesus suffered for our sins. But I really think the whole thing was totally taken out of context and ended up being sort of uninteresting. There were a couple of scenes that were moving or that grabbed hold of me, but just as many that were manipulative or just not very well directed. And a number of scenes that were just "what the...?"
I saw this a little while ago, and i came out thinking it was ok, but nothing more, but over the last few months, whenever i look back on it or see clips of it, i start to think its a bit better each time. I think its filmed very well, I loved the scenes with that horrid woman/Satan turning up everytime one of Jesus's followers begin to doubt him and themselves, very well done. Also the part When Mary sees Jesus drop the cross and it flashes back to him as a child falling over is pretty moving i thought...As for a "What the...?" bit, when Judas is down by the bridge and that horrible monster devil thing jumps out, scared the hell out of me!

Once youve seen it a few more times you may like it more...or your just goin to burn in hell.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
CB4
Did anyone else watch this on Comedy Central? Not as funny as I remember it being. Dang.
You also have to remember that cable channels edit the **** out of everything.

Originally Posted by Garrett
You also have to remember that cable channels edit the **** out of everything.
I can't imagine it being much better though.

Cellular
As far as filmmaking goes it's an extremely simple film, but for some reason it was effective. Kim B. is a pretty good actress.

The Stepford Wives
When I was watching this I had time to daze off and imagine how I would hit on Nicole Kidman. It went something like this.

Nicole: So, PimpDaShizzle, you must think what I do for a living is kind of silly.

DaShiz: Don't be silly, baby, I think you're amazing.

Nicole: What's you're favorite movie of mine?

DaShiz: It's definetly not, The Stepford Wives.

Nicole: Oh, DaShiz, make love to me!