Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Avengers was a major success in my eyes. It never felt overbloated with the big names sharing the screen time, and it was just pure, superhero fun.

I'll be watching Man of Steel soon enough, and now I'm a little bit weary. Reading Luke's review, I can give a guess about what kind of movie it is, which is a real shame. Perhaps Nolan was the wrong producer for a Superman movie?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

(sighs) I had to watch this film because it's so damn polarizing. A lot of people hate it, and yet I've stumbled upon a few that actually liked it. Me I'm kind of in the middle. I thought the first hour was pretty darn solid especially for a superhero film. It was rather poignant, the CGI was used sparingly,etc. And then the action scenes begin. One after another. Tedious,boring,glaucoma inducing action scenes that can only satisfy 10-year old kids. It was awful. It was painful as a viewer to watch such joyless uninspired scenes. what a shame.
I just watched it tonight and I couldn't agree with you more. Like you say, the first hour that setup the story was interesting, but it quickly descended into CGI hell from there. The battle in Metropolis was ridiculously over done. Superman may have won, but he killed about 2 million in the process. 7/10 from me because of the Crowe-factor.

The Avengers was a major success in my eyes. It never felt overbloated with the big names sharing the screen time, and it was just pure, superhero fun.

I'll be watching Man of Steel soon enough, and now I'm a little bit weary. Reading Luke's review, I can give a guess about what kind of movie it is, which is a real shame. Perhaps Nolan was the wrong producer for a Superman movie?
Basically cut and past the Batman formula onto Superman, and totally screwed up Big Blue on the big screen

Into Darkness is a much stronger film than Man Of Steel. I liked Man Of Steel and rated it fairly high but do I love it? Not sure yet. Need to get the DVD and watch through. I have a feeling I missed a few things.

As for Into Darkness... absolutely loved it.

Apart from The Dark Knight Rises, it's one of few recent films that got my heart going and had me leaning forward in my seat.

Yeah that's cool, I knew what you were saying.

I can see the things that people hate about Into Darkness... but for me, it works solely because of the alternate timeline.

After Nero made such an impact by time travelling, I'm reading a case of destiny/fate trying to right itself... even if some of the roles are reversed, that's what I'm reading into the occurrences of the new films.

Maybe that's just my own interpretation of it and nobody else sees that, but this is what I'm getting from the alternate universe...

... and to be honest, I'm loving the journey so far.

I just hope III does something extremely brave. Not sure what, but something. The cast have apparently signed on for another film.

I'm more intrigued now. I think I'll give Into Darkness a watch very soon. I kinda liked the 2009 Star Trek.

Shame

Not what I would call an entertaining film, but films that deal with addiction really keep my interest. This was very well done with exceptional acting.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I forgive you your ridiculously low Oldboy rating, cricket. Go on and don't sin no more.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It's a very good portrayal of loneliness too + Fassbender slaying b*tches. What's not to like.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
A rewatch of Vertigo. I give it yet again 8/10 though I still consider it 2nd tier Hitchcock for me since it seems to be missing something some of my other favs have.

It's a very good portrayal of loneliness too + Fassbender slaying b*tches. What's not to like.
Gosling only likes 2 things: loneliness and slaying b*tches. And he's tired of being lonely.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

I went to the movies today, and beheld Carrie, a movie that I had actually been looking forward to. It's a remake, and so, I knew entirely what was going to happen, which is always an admitted misfortune with most remakes, but I was still expected something enjoyable. Chloe (difficult last-name) did a great job with her role, seeming awkward and stricken, whereas her mother also did particularly well. There was a very capable cast of actors and actresses within this movie, and the concept has already been established as something great.

Still, it left me with something of a hollow feeling, as if to say, every time that I began to connect with the Carrie character, they took the screen off of her and it disintegrated. The expression and feeling of acceptance that she had on her way to prom. She never chose to be different, and that's the saddest thing of it all. I can really relate to a lot of her frustrations in high-school. All in all, good movie, maybe not great, but good, a little overly "explosive" towards the end, but I liked it. Did it bring anything new to the table that the original didn't have? Maybe not. Whatever.

I've seen some bad films in my time but this ranks amongst the worst I've ever seen. The acting was abysmal. 0/10