Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I will be re-watching this bad boy. I've seen it about a year ago, disliked it, but I didn't know much about slow movies back then. Let's hope I will like it this time.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Pro-Tip: Don't try to understand it.
It pretty much made sense to me the first time - at least my interpretation. Then I read the experts and their explanation deflated me and the film.

Two-Lane Blacktop seemed cooler upon rewatch, but it is maddeningly slow and seemingly pointless (which is ironically the point).

Yeah, I've started re-watching it and it's like I can ''understand'' the characters, I'll keep you updated about my viewing.

Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2

I havent seen the first one but im thinking it doesnt matter. I usually like to watch movies like this when the wife goes to bed. I have to keep the volume a bit low, and with a movie like this, I don't have to hear every word perfectly. Plus it's not like I'm watching something she would want to see.

I have found a couple really interesting titles at my library

Jean de Florette is wonderful. That's an HK 100 film. If you like it, watch Manon des Source, if you can find it. It's the sequel/other half of Jean de Florette.

The film imagines three crucial moments in the main character's life (Jared Leto) when he can start a totally different life. The first one coming at age nine when he's given the choice which parent he wants to continue to live with after their divorce, and which one he's going to reject. Loved the cinematic borrows from other films; the Fisher King; Harold and Maude; Little Big Man; Lovers of the Artic circle etc, etc. This was the first time I spotted a really interesting young actress, Juno Temple. A nice mediation on fate and (im)possibility.

The film imagines three crucial moments in the main character's life (Jared Leto) when he can start a totally different life. The first one coming at age nine when he's given the choice which parent he wants to continue to live with after their divorce, and which one he's going to reject. Loved the cinematic borrows from other films; the Fisher King; Harold and Maude; Little Big Man; Lovers of the Artic circle etc, etc. This was the first time I spotted a really interesting young actress, Juno Temple. A nice mediation on fate and (im)possibility.
quite informative, thanks mate, I'll share my thoughts once I've seen it

Finished here. It's been fun.

One hour photo. I've heard some good things about this movie, and I know it's a rather underrated film. The premise sounds interesting, so i reckon I give the film a shot.

I've really never been interested in this movie, but it's on cable so I'll try it for the hell of it. I do think the director is very talented and I'm a big fan of Hoffman, so I'm hoping for the best-

I've really never been interested in this movie, but it's on cable so I'll try it for the hell of it. I do think the director is very talented and I'm a big fan of Hoffman, so I'm hoping for the best-

I've been meaning to watch that as well. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Persona is such a mindf*ck. Really good film.

Caché - been meaning to watch it for ages, gets a lot of praise and looks like something I would really enjoy.

If I have time I will try and watch The Bourne Ultimatum too.